Cars Formula Hybrid 2018 by Race Sim Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Lennart Müller-Hanssen
2. 27
3. German
If you don't want to do anything with the german flag as there are quite a lot I have a logo

Hi Bob ,
I highly doubt that is possible due to the tires been visual and the compounds been physical ect , not sure if there is a way to actually link the two together ,
ideally once the full set is complete I want a slider same as the compound slider right at the top so they are both together, but currently they all work flawlessly with no bugs ,
than try and make the slider , personally I would prefer to keep them as they are , its still 1000 times better than manually changing textures and settings and takes seconds to adjust the tires :)

This is a weak point in AC anyway. The car models should come with detached wheels, so that wheels and tires can be selected in setup, and maybe easily traded between cars.

As is there are all kinds of problems. Not only should different tire compounds look different, the different tire choices in AC setup often have different wheel diameter, something not reflected graphically.

As much as i don't like halo, please do not add the option of removing it. This a simulator, not nfs. Keep it real(istic)
Regarding the potential removal of the halo - I agree with this sentiment that its a sim so we should have to deal with it.

BUT, the real drivers aren't driving through a single 2D screen. The halo is a significant obstacle in a single screen, you really do lose out on screen real estate.

In VR sure, its exactly the same as IRL, so not a problem. You simply don't see if after a corner or two, as you are looking far beyond it. But having the option for single screeners isn't a bad idea IMO.

Regarding the potential removal of the halo - I agree with this sentiment that its a sim so we should have to deal with it.

BUT, the real drivers aren't driving through a single 2D screen. The halo is a significant obstacle in a single screen, you really do lose out on screen real estate.

In VR sure, its exactly the same as IRL, so not a problem. You simply don't see if after a corner or two, as you are looking far beyond it. But having the option for single screeners isn't a bad idea IMO.
Well my personal feelings on the situation is that if its in real life and you are playing a simulation, then to me it should be there all the time,
and if people are not happy with there 2D view then I would suggest to buy VR, at some point you can not just talk about the Halo, but you can relate this topic to almost anything,
like what next square wheels ? , 20 inch rims? 2000hp engines,

but in saying this ingame the halo driving is really distracting I never drove with something blocking my view in such a way before it really does feel odd, maybe after so many hrs playing maybe you would simply get used to it,
but to me why bother making a version with a removable Halo when we have the 2017 version we made, the cars are not that different in there been a massive gap in the lap times,
so racing online even if you had the 2017 car with no fin and the new 2018 car I still believe it would be enjoyable.

Last edited:

Like for example lets say the 2D Screen view is a xbox controller,

some people do not believe that control pads give the best simulation value when racing on a sim,
so people who want to enhance there driving what do they do ?
they go and buy a steering wheel to better there sensation of realism, we know this for a fact,

so relate this topic to the Halo, to get the best realism and simulation factor, driving experience possible closest to the real thing, this will never be achieved by using a 2D screen will it ?

so there will be people using a xbox controller and a 2D screen like myself,
but other people using a steering wheel and VR because these people want the best,
personally this is not upto me, its personal preference :D
but where does it end altering products ?

Like for example lets say the 2D Screen view is a xbox controller,

some people do not believe that control pads give the best simulation value when racing on a sim,
so people who want to enhance there driving what do they do ?
they go and buy a steering wheel to better there sensation of realism, we know this for a fact,

so relate this topic to the Halo, to get the best realism and simulation factor, driving experience possible closest to the real thing, this will never be achieved by using a 2D screen will it ?

so there will be people using a xbox controller and a 2D screen like myself,
but other people using a steering wheel and VR because these people want the best,
personally this is not upto me, its personal preference :D
but where does it end altering products ?

Id say wheel is a massive step up in experience compared to game pad. Same can be said about VR but its quite pricey and it wont affect your laptimes and driving experience as much as getting a wheel. Thats why most of the people still use 2D screen.

I just dont feel you are betraying your intent to simulate the thing as much as you can by doing removable halo. Given that halo is only esthetic, its completely different from physic changes like adding a HPs. From experience simulation point of view, result of having the halo there is wildly different on 2D screen than in RL. Hypothetical question: so are you not actually doing a worse job in simulating the experience in the end?

I know this is going to be very unpopular opinion here :D but it is still game in sense. You dont die when you crash etc, There are many approximations that come with it. Why make the experience unnecessary less enjoyable

Id say wheel is a massive step up in experience compared to game pad. Same can be said about VR but its quite pricey and it wont affect your laptimes and driving experience as much as getting a wheel. Thats why most of the people still use 2D screen.

I just dont feel you are betraying your intent to simulate the thing as much as you can by doing removable halo. Given that thing is only esthetic its completely different from physic changes like adding a HPs. From experience simulation point of view, result of having the halo there is wildly different on 2D screen than in RL.

I know this is going to be very unpopular opinion here :D but it is still game in sense. You dont die when you crash etc, There are many approximations that come with it. Why make the experience unnecessary less enjoyable
Hi ,
I never said the RSS team was not going to animate the Halo so there is a choice of it been there or not,
I said my personal feelings on the subject ect,
at the start of the month it was there and animated, but from the last tests in 2017 to the launch cars, there was some slight differences, so was fully updated again, but we lost the animations,
it may be possible to animate it again and remove it, but only if it appears like it was never there at all and done correctly,
currently I have a list of over 100 jobs to do in multiple titles all at once, the last thing on my mind is animating the Halo again to me its not a priority the season starts in less than 1 month,
the tire mod alone I spent a lot of Dev on, its not transformers,
"if at some point in time there is the chance I have the time available to look into it again I will, but not making any promises to do so" .

Hi ,
I never said the RSS team was not going to animate the Halo so there is a choice of it been there or not,
I said my personal feelings on the subject ect,
at the start of the month it was there and animated, but from the last tests in 2017 to the launch cars, there was some slight differences, so was fully updated again, but we lost the animations,
it may be possible to animate it again and remove it, but only if it appears like it was never there at all and done correctly,
currently I have a list of over 100 jobs to do in multiple titles all at once, the last thing on my mind is animating the Halo again to me its not a priority the season starts in less than 1 month,
the tire mod alone I spent a lot of Dev on, its not transformers,
"if at some point in time there is the chance I have the time available to look into it again I will, but not making any promises to do so" .
Hi, don't get me wrong, I appreciate your work and I will most likely buy the car with halo or not. I was just interested in exchanging the opinions on this topic :D

Like for example
Hi, don't get me wrong, I appreciate your work and I will most likely buy the car with halo or not. I was just interested in exchanging the opinions on this topic :D
Thats fine man,
like for example,
codemasters F1 2018 will be the number 1 game this year F1 related with the most amount of global players, simply because they have the official licenses, and it offers the most entertainment values,
will this arcade/sim have the option of a animated Halo to make it easier for players ? / NO

If Turn 10/ SMS / Kunos made a F1 2018 car would this have the option of an animated Halo ? / NO

So if no one else will be having these options because its not realistic to real life, why would the number 1 simulation game anywhere regarding physics be expected to have it to enable the users to drive faster or not impared ?

seems odd to me, but like I was saying thats just my opinion and within the team the opinions are mixed also.

but feel free to express your feelings on the topic.

Like for example

Thats fine man,
like for example,
codemasters F1 2018 will be the number 1 game this year F1 related with the most amount of global players, simply because they have the official licenses, and it offers the most entertainment values,
will this arcade/sim have the option of a animated Halo to make it easier for players ? / NO

If Turn 10/ SMS / Kunos made a F1 2018 car would this have the option of an animated Halo ? / NO

So if no one else will be having these options because its not realistic to real life, why would the number 1 simulation game anywhere regarding physics be expected to have it to enable the users to drive faster or not impared ?

seems odd to me, but like I was saying thats just my opinion and within the team the opinions are mixed also.

but feel free to express your feelings on the topic.
Yeah, good point, did not know about the Codemasters having that. Quite curious how is that going to be received.

A friend, who is an engineer in a company that is developing something important engine related for a major F1 team, told me yesterday that they actually plan to buy the F1 game so they can estimate what the rest of the engine is doing :D because the F1 team won't actually give them enough details on the rest of the engine. So maybe the simulation value of F1 games is not that bad :D

Yeah, good point, did not know about the Codemasters having that. Quite curious how is that going to be received.

A friend, who is an engineer in a company that is developing something important engine related for a major F1 team, told me yesterday that they actually plan to buy the F1 game so they can estimate what the rest of the engine is doing :D because the F1 team won't actually give them enough details on the rest of the engine. So maybe the simulation value of F1 games is not that bad :D
If you require information of that nature I believe you should contact @David Dominguez the guy is a master with physics with a lot of experience,
he will have more information than trying to look inside an arcade game.

Completed , requires animating and saving ill do it later,

"can we please concentrate on the formula 2018 and the new season instead of these fake gimmicks that bring nothing to the content"

lets move on.

37274b557cf6362d6a3c720f8dcf9a52.gif[img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 22 17.1%