KreIZos.png

WaGa4ly.png

CWc3P6S.png

o3cGka2.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

PyebJ5l.png

@kedy89 thanks Tobi :thumbsup:

Woohoooo :D
Great result, I knew we will be in top 2-3 on engine, but didn't expect Arrows in bad mood.

That's the thing as I understand right? On race day, some random value is calculated for drivers mood/pace. So I guess Bellof, as strong B driver, got enough positive to overcome Piquet with his negative value. ;)

@kedy89 thanks Tobi :thumbsup:

Woohoooo :D
Great result, I knew we will be in top 2-3 on engine, but didn't expect Arrows in bad mood.

That's the thing as I understand right? On race day, some random value is calculated for drivers mood/pace. So I guess Bellof, as strong B driver, got enough positive to overcome Piquet with his negative value. ;)
Yeah, there is a random value that is added to the regular pace someone has. A good B driver can beat a good A driver if he's lucky and his opponent isn't. But a very bad B driver would never be able to beat a good A driver even with a lot of luck.

However, while I was saying this week that the new changes have created something cool, we now have a Tier3 team with a better car and a better income than quite every Tier2 team and even better than any Tier1 team. Look at Ferrari : The team has now become a "solid Tier2".. It is mostly due to the 4PP gap (instead of 5) IMO and I don't know if it's finally a good thing.. what do you think ?

For this season, here is how I see it: I got the better lineup then most of T2 teams, except Brabham. Combine that with "risky" sponsor, who is not that risky if you have better drivers then teams around you, and you get Williams with more PP and thus more progress in season. So I don't see a problem with this, it's just combination of a lot of things. McLaren could have been instead of Williams, but they went for Aero which didn't work. ;)
As for T1, Ben already said he should have gone for risky sponsor, which I agree. But still he is second best team (looking balanced track numbers). To not go further, based on PP we have:
1) Arrows
2) Ferrari
3) Toleman-Renault-Williams
4) Brabham-Tyrel
Based on this you can see that drivers are big difference, same as sponsors and finally manager strategy of going for aero or engine.

I think some of these decisions need to be made based on what Hugo wants. Is the Formula intended to be car or driver based? If a good driver in a bad car can still win, then the driver-based system works. However, with a car-based Formula, this would never be able to happen. I personally would prefer something slightly more balanced, as I think having a Tier 3 car winning a race is ridiculous. As good as Charles Leclerc is, he probably shouldn't ever be in a position to win a race with a Sauber.

I think some of these decisions need to be made based on what Hugo wants. Is the Formula intended to be car or driver based? If a good driver in a bad car can still win, then the driver-based system works. However, with a car-based Formula, this would never be able to happen. I personally would prefer something slightly more balanced, as I think having a Tier 3 car winning a race is ridiculous. As good as Charles Leclerc is, he probably shouldn't ever be in a position to win a race with a Sauber.
I agree about Leclerc, but IMO current time shall NEVER be a reference ^^ Plus the Sauber is a Tier4 or 5 if we had to rank the 2018 cars. We currently see 6 drivers that can actually "lap" 14 other drivers.. Well it is just crazy :confused: !
I always wanted the game to be 1/3 Driver based and 2/3 Car based which seems to be a good formula. However, my problem is that a Tier3 team won a race.. but no Tier2 team did :O_o: It sounds logical to me that Tier2 teams should be able to steal some wins sometimes.. but it should occur more often than Tier3 teams :unsure:

Agree with both of you, as for Leclerc and Sauber, yes todays Fomula shouldn't be used as reference. What I think the issue is, is between sponsors and 4pp between tiers. Now when we have 4pp between tiers it looks like risky sponsor is the way to go. And it pays off much better for T3 then for T2 as getting top12 is easier for T3 (14 T1/2 drivers for 12 places) then taking top6 for T2 (8 T1 drivers for 6 places).

From an outsider point of view, the only thing I immediately see when looking at the current standings is that the gap between 3rd and 4th is massive. It's basically 3 tier 1 teams grabbing 95% of the podiums. Then again a T3 team just won a race, so maybe just keep things for another 2-3 seasons, and see if more T2/3 podiums follow.

N6pyhVr.png

1984 Formula One Season (13-15)

HrwUr3R.png

N0qqZGv.png

JVqIrKS.png

fYKoneX.png

L6VFAqM.png

The 1984 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off Season instructions will follow...

LzKmtCp.png

In Red, the picks of the teams that already have a A driver and that can't sign another A driver.
gpPq9ao.png

You have 24h to buy, sell, trade or fire a driver (or a signing position) !
You have 48h to send me your wish-list :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back