Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be.

Still, obviously i'd like to stay in Tier 1 for a bit longer.
Before these three rounds i was 2nd in constructors which would have meant signing a certain guy named Mika H.
Or maybe even Michael since Ayrton could be an A driver still.
You've reigned for so long with the best drivers.. time to let someone else have a go ;)

Didn't expect the 2 wins though. Thought I'd lose them to tier 2 and Senna.

You've reigned for so long with the best drivers.. time to let someone else have a go ;)

Didn't expect the 2 wins though. Thought I'd lose them to tier 2 and Senna.
Both titles won with Andretti/Scheckter, both titles won with Pironi/De Angelis, Constructors title and runner up with berger/Alesi, closely lost the constructors title the next season with Berger/Alesi.... I did not have the best drivers all the time.
There always have been difficult rivals who had guys Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Mansell, Bellof, Villeneuve, Piquet, Lauda, Rosberg, Hunt and Peterson, too.

But yeah. Guess you are right. *sigh*

!!! FLM : Rules change !!!

While you argue on who will sign who next season, let me introduce you a new rule. The reasons are explained in the "Why" spoiler.

As you know, the "sponsor" idea (which I stole from the GP4 forum game) has always caused me trouble.
Obviously, Tier1 teams should pick Podium to be competitive. Obviously, Tier3 teams should always pick Top 12 as it is pretty safe. But Tier2 teams have to pick Top 12 too as a constant Top6 is almost impossible to achieve. So we have both Tier1 and Tier3 teams gaining +2PP per race.. while Tier2 only win +1PP... This way at the end of every season, Tier2 teams become the worst and Tier3 teams could actually won a race.

Another problem is that a team with 25% reliability can still be promoted and competitive whereas in real life, the team would only work on getting a reasonable reliability rate. What do you gain in buying Reliability points ? Not much.. compares to pace...
I want to change that and reward those who keep buying Reliability.

Next season, I will simply delete the sponsor choice and the sponsor income. It will be replaced by this :
You will earn +1PP for every race.
You will earn +1PP every time a car finish a race (per driver)

Worst income after 3 races : +3PP
Best income after 3 races : +9PP

!!! FLM : Rules change !!!

While you argue on who will sign who next season, let me introduce you a new rule. The reasons are explained in the "Why" spoiler.

Next season, I will simply delete the sponsor choice and the sponsor income. It will be replaced by this :
You will earn +1PP for every race.
You will earn +1PP every time a car finish a race (per driver)

Worst income after 3 races : +3PP
Best income after 3 races : +9PP
Good one :thumbsup:
Just a question, as we approach 2000's and 2010's will you move starting reliability higher as it is in real life?

Good one :thumbsup:
Just a question, as we approach 2000's and 2010's will you move starting reliability higher as it is in real life?
That's a good question. I'm not sure. I first don't really want to increase the amount of races (maybe up to 18 max but you'll decide). Then if reliability is a major thing in the game, it would loose all its interest if everyone starts at 50%.. so I'm really not sure. We'll see how it goes :thumbsup:

That's a good question. I'm not sure. I first don't really want to increase the amount of races (maybe up to 18 max but you'll decide). Then if reliability is a major thing in the game, it would loose all its interest if everyone starts at 50%.. so I'm really not sure. We'll see how it goes :thumbsup:
I disagree...the game would not lose interest for me if I am finishing more races. True, reliability has vastly improved in the last 20 years or so. This past season we have seen usually only 2-5 retirements, where in the past it was often as much as 50%.

Now, though, it seems reliability is the only thing worth fighting for. I can see teams using up all their PP just to keep finishing races, not caring what place they finish except for it maybe helping them move up in the game. Personally, I think the sponsor thing is a better idea, but I was more happy with it when you had 1, 2, & 3 PP available, not just 1 or 2. It gave even the Tier 1 teams a decision between Safe and Risky.

I have so many more thoughts on this but I don't know how to convey them yet.

Hm so everybody invests their pp in reliability first so everyone gets +9 almost all the time?

Yes, some would invest in a bit aer/eng to be on top at that stage of the season, but they'll pay for it immediatlley because of how much less pp they get compared to others.

I don't think that is what you have in mind fo the future.

I think this finally brings a meaning to reliability other than to guarantee the 1PP gain when one car finishes. And the tempo early in the season is not the deciding factor anymore either, something I disliked about the GP4 games too. I like this idea, but there's room for improvement.

My suggestion is, maybe you can still keep the risky sponsor but reward only 1PP (or even 0.5PP?). Makes it slightly more tempo based, but also stops reliability from becoming too powerful. If reliability becomes too powerful (which it might), the cars become too reliable, which is not in the 90s spirit.

I think this finally brings a meaning to reliability other than to guarantee the 1PP gain when one car finishes. And the tempo early in the season is not the deciding factor anymore either, something I disliked about the GP4 games too. I like this idea, but there's room for improvement.

My suggestion is, maybe you can still keep the risky sponsor but reward only 1PP (or even 0.5PP?). Makes it slightly more tempo based, but also stops reliability from becoming too powerful. If reliability becomes too powerful (which it might), the cars become too reliable, which is not in the 90s spirit.
Yeah, i think thats a better direction. Somehow combining the two systems.

Like i get what @Meff28s wants to do, but with that change reliability will be way too powerful.
Keeping the sponsors would be a good counter against that.

Probably some more changes would need to be done, since we would have more PP than we have now and that would affect the maximum upgrade per round rule.

In the end, it's @Meff28ss decision, but i would keep our concerns in mind.

@Benutzername @Milos
I perfectly understand what you're saying but I'm not sure that it's what will happen. Let see for 1995.. then we could argue :thumbsup: If it appears to be a bad idea, I'll remove it.
The problem of this new system is if Reliability is too powerful you're right. Imagine a team that just buys Reliability to get quickly +8/9 for almost all season. This team will be very very powerful at the end of the year for sure..
So what if the automatic +1 you're supposed to get every race is based on results ? Podium for Tier1, Top8 for Tier2, Top12 for Tier3.
This way, if you just buy reliability, you won't get that bonus. It could be an idea to oblige everyone to still try to be fast.

Last edited:
@Benutzername @Milos
I perfectly understand what you're saying but I'm not sure that it's what will happen. Let see for 1995.. then we could argue :thumbsup: If it appears to be a bad idea, I'll remove it.
Don't think it should be removed, again, I love the idea! Just that one compromise.
I'm fine trying it for a few years though, I think that's fair.

So what if the automatic +1 you're supposed to get every race is based on results ? Podium for Tier1, Top8 for Tier2, Top12 for Tier3.
This way, if you just buy reliability, you won't get that bonus. It could be an idea to oblige everyone to still try to be fast.
Exactly what I was thinking about. Tier 2 issue with risky sponsor is that top6 is to much, compared for podium for t1 and top12 for t3. Top8 is sweet spot I think, so just put fixed sponsors for all and see how it goes. But I’m all for trying it next season and see how it goes.

So, instead of sponsors, you just get prize money based on results. No longer betting on a result and possibly losing out all season. This is much better than just a reliability based sponsor.

FLM BREAKING NEWS

Daniel Harvey and Milos Ancevski have found an agreement about a driver swap.
Promising young David Coulthard signs with Arrows for the next 3 seasons while race winner Damon Hill signs with Jordan until 1997 !

@Milos @Millsy24

Last edited:
C9PGiVM.png

1994 Formula One Season (13-15)

bTF1yl5.png

LyRgl9k.png

VeSgIRN.png

IG3wiwZ.png

zDzU40T.png

The 1994 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off Season instructions will follow...

dZ2G4Xx.png

In Red, the picks of the teams that already have a A driver and that can't sign another A driver.
rh2wM6W.png

You have 24h to buy, sell, trade or fire a driver (or a signing position) !
You have 48h to send me your wish-list :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%