Forum 1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we understand from the searches that guys use,

Most use a search engine and search for a specific item,
there answer will give them a link to a page which they click and use,

The headers we use are based on relevant searches.
you can see this by looking at the bottom of say google for the little section on
Searches related to search a item.

Very few guys first visit to RD is through the front door as such.
it only after they have the info they were looking for do they then have a look around, some never even go beyond there said game of choice even marking that section of the forum as there home page.

Whilst i agree its a problem getting guy to view the whole site in all honesty it just does not happen.

I don't use a mobile device so i don't know how it works or operates and cant give any feedback on that subject.

All i can do is give feedback when asked about a PC.
and for me the pc look is the best it been.
yes there are other ways of doing things some of which i also like, but looking at the bigger picture for the pc user i cant complain of the look and style we have now with ease of access to all sections,

Last edited:
From what we understand from the searches that guys use,

Most use a search engine and search for a specific item,
there answer will give them a link to a page which they click and use,

The headers we use are based on relevant searches.
you can see this by looking at the bottom of say google for the little section on
Searches related to search a item.

Very few guys first visit to RD is through the front door as such.
it only after they have the info they were looking for do they then have a look around, some never even go beyond there said game of choice even marking that section of the forum as there home page.

Whilst i agree its a problem getting guy to view the whole site in all honesty it just does not happen.

I don't use a mobile device so i don't know how it works or operates and cant give any feedback on that subject.

All i can do is give feedback when asked about a PC.
and for me the pc look is the best it been.
yes there are other ways of doing things some of which i also like, but looking at the bigger picture for the pc user i cant complain of the look ans style we have now with ease of access to all sections,

In all honesty, you have basically described the exact opposite of me, and I am sure many others, in that post.

But we just gave feedback. Use it, don't use it.

I really dislike the way it looks now. The previous game section layout being on the main screen was a lot faster to navigate.

Some things just don't need changing to be honest.
Thats not true. As said by Rupe it still requires the same amount of clicks.

Although I also prefer the other layout with games being group under their developer forums, the feedback we got previously stated the opposite.

Not everybody knows that for example rFactor was located under "image space incorporated". For me and you that seems very logical. However first time users don't make that association, hence the current grouping under games is more logical.

Ideally, and unfortunately xenforo isn't supporting that (but we will fix it :D), there should be a two / three column list under "Sim Racing Games"on the main forum showing the subforums of the games, which reduces the clicks with -1. But until we find a solution for that this is the way that is most logical for most users.

We as staff, similar to most frequent users, are literally blind in seeing how the site works. Its very hard to browse the site and forums from the eyes of a newcomer hence we value the feedback we have received previously on the topic of "grouping by developers" a lot.

Small mock up of what I am trying to achieve.

mockup.jpg

This would save you one extra click :)

You can find your club with one click by hovering over the online racing tab in navigation bar.

Or just bookmark the calendar page and let google notify you when an event is happening. Or, subscribe to your favorite club forum by clicking the "watch this forum" functionality and you'll get a forum notification when a new post is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%