FM8 Forza Motorsport 2023

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)
Reddit and Forza forums are so toxic right now.

The whole world is full of toxic people. I played all Forza games exessive and i really like the new one :)

People wanted some changes for ages, they got them and now they dislike them. Even the more realistic clutch system because now you need some skill :D It's ridiculous whats up with players nowadays. It gets worse from year to year.

Really like the S209 FE and it's sound :cool:

Design: Nullcrazy 80

forzamotorsportscreeni8ef8.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting video
Guy tests all the settings for PC performance.

Ray Tracing is resource heavy... big surprise! Stay tuned to see what other settings affect the performance of a 13600K + 7900XTX config in 4K ultra. Check out my

• Forza Motorsport playlist for more Forza Motorsport content! EVGA Z790 Dark K|NGP|N BIOS 1.11. Resizable BAR is enabled. Everything is being displayed on a Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 2160p 240Hz 1000R panel. Single PC recording through Radeon ReLive, up to 10% frame loss. Detailed setup and configuration info below.

Enjoy. INTRO 00:00 3..2..1..Go! 00:09 Why and How I'm testing every single setting in Forza Motorsport 02:50 How I approached finding optimal settings 04:52 The TL;DR - SETTINGS TESTING 06:37 Nominal runs at Ultra Settings (Min, Max, Auto) 09:51 Anisotropic Filtering 13:22 Ray Tracing Reflections 16:45 RTAO (Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion) 19:29 Shadow Quality 21:53 Cubemap Reflection Quality 24:10 Car Model Quality 26:47 Car Livery Quality 29:06 Windshield Reflection Quality 31:27 Mirror Quality 33:56 Track Texture Quality 35:42 Particle Effects Quailty 37:53 Motion Blur Quality 39:58 Lens Flare Quality - CONCLUSION 41:11 The wrap up 42:50 Thank you for supporting my dream
Grrrrr, well you know where to go....

Last edited:
Floored and upset that I don't have time to dive into Simhub and set a custom HUD up. Looks like I am going to have to watch the video about testing while I get ready for work. But I now have something meaningful to do with Forza when I get home tonight.

Side note. Do you think Turn 10 will add additional layouts to the tracks already in the game? Off the top of my head the MotoGP version of Catalunya and Suzuka, Nurburgring's Fast chicane, Road America's chicanes, Mid-Ohio's Bus Stop, and Circuit de la Sarthe's Bugatti layout would be natural updates. Some of which are already present, but they aren't selectable as track layouts. But I am not sure where I should voice (or type) my opinion. The official channels have become nothing but a complaint filled echo-chamber of rants, and declarations of people swearing off the game. I think adding anything to that, even if its a worthwhile sugfestion or question, would get drowned out.

But, I just may do it, just to get the thought out there...

Floored and upset that I don't have time to dive into Simhub and set a custom HUD up. Looks like I am going to have to watch the video about testing while I get ready for work. But I now have something meaningful to do with Forza when I get home tonight.

Side note. Do you think Turn 10 will add additional layouts to the tracks already in the game? Off the top of my head the MotoGP version of Catalunya and Suzuka, Nurburgring's Fast chicane, Road America's chicanes, Mid-Ohio's Bus Stop, and Circuit de la Sarthe's Bugatti layout would be natural updates. Some of which are already present, but they aren't selectable as track layouts. But I am not sure where I should voice (or type) my opinion. The official channels have become nothing but a complaint filled echo-chamber of rants, and declarations of people swearing off the game. I think adding anything to that, even if its a worthwhile sugfestion or question, would get drowned out.

In game settings, the end right tab, there is a suggestion tab.
Scan the QR code with your phone and it will send you to the link where you can post your suggestions and any bugs.

• Deleted member 197115

I am going to send email to T10 and I don't care if they don't read it.
Just don't do what the other guy promised. :roflmao:

All that for a small patch. It fixes a big issue, but yeah...

:cautious:

Andy, this isn't aimed at you. Please don't take offense. The pre-written blurb before the singular fix, seems way unecessary. It should simply read...

Patch 1.1.
This is a small patch to fix infinite loading after quick upgrade.

They could have come up with something less starchy stuffed shirt sounding, but a Corpos gonna Corpo.

Last edited:
If you think that is funny, have a look at what the game gives you when you're looking at photos with the in game gallery...

53283618614_26c986911c_h.jpg

53283705360_b28647df21_h.jpg

53283618399_745f0fc324_h.jpg

And Turn 10 expects this to be a highly used feature.

:roflmao:

I am not going to do that! LOL. On top of that I doubt I'll ever see anyone from Turn 10 in my neck of the woods. I'm on the East coast... Although they did visit Calspan out here, more than a few times...

Nope. Not going to even think about it. Pre-meditated poop slinging is probably punishable by jail time... And I don't want to be giving Nasty Nate my cocktail-fruit. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

All that for a small patch. It fixes a big issue, but yeah...

:cautious:

Andy, this isn't aimed at you. Please don't take offense. The pre-written blurb before the singular fix, seems way unecessary. It should simply read...

Patch 1.1.
This is a small patch to fix infinite loading after quick upgrade.

They could have come up with something less starchy stuffed shirt sounding, but a Corpos gonna Corpo.
"This small patch" didn't "fix infinite loading" on my end as an AMD user.

The game was working fine up till now, I haven't launch it in 4 days due to work.
Today it launches, than minimizes the first loading splash screen and stays there for several mins and closes?

Xbox game pass on PC, everything is update and I've tried all the suggested trouble shooting except for the reset and repair option as I am afraid I'll lose all my progress.

Any suggestions?

Well after hrs of surfing the net trouble shooting, I ended up uninstalling and re installing, which seemed to do the trick but now I can't get my HDR to work properly and I ve noticed several graphics issues.
In rainy weather some curbs turn into a mirror along with portions on the track with big puddles.

Last edited:
"This small patch" didn't "fix infinite loading" on my end as an AMD user.
The game was working fine up till now, I haven't launch it in 4 days due to work.
Today it launches, than minimizes the first loading splash screen and stays there for several mins and closes?

Xbox game pass on PC, everything is update and I've tried all the suggested trouble shooting except for the reset and repair option as I am afraid I'll lose all my progress.

Any suggestions?

Well after hrs of surfing the net trouble shooting, I ended up uninstalling and re installing, which seemed to do the trick but now I can't get my HDR to work properly and I ve noticed several graphics issues.
In rainy weather some curbs turn into a mirror along with portions on the track with big puddles.
If you are an AMD user I'll recommend to roll back to a previous version as some reports confirm that recent 23.10.2 caused issues.
23.9.3 works fine on my end.

If you are an AMD user I'll recommend to roll back to a previous version as some reports confirm that recent 23.10.2 caused issues.
23.9.3 works fine on my end.
Thanks,
I am using Intel 9600kf and Nvidia 1660 ti
No idea what caused it? No crash report, but a re install seemed to fixed it....which is now the 3rd time I've had to do that in less than a month.
Pretty frustrated with this title.

From Steam, Forza Community update 2...

Since the release of Forza Motorsport and Update 1.0, we’ve been working on additional fixes and improvements to the game based on the top reported issues in the community. We understand how frustrating these are, especially when they may hinder your full enjoyment of the game, and we intend to resolve them as soon as possible.

We are committed to supporting Forza Motorsport in the long term by delivering monthly content updates and quality-of-life improvements. Update 2 is our first content update for the game and it’s coming mid-November, introducing an additional track location, Yas Marina. We also have over 200 fixes lined up for this release, including improvements for these highly reported issues:

Stability
  • Many fixes to improve overall game stability and reduce crashes across all platforms.

Livery Editor
  • Fixed issue where players can view and unlock tunes and vinyls shared by other players.
  • Fixed issue causing black paint shade to show up as grey instead of black.
  • Fixed issue where only the inner barrel on factory rims is paintable.

PC
  • Fixed issue requiring shaders to recompile every time Forza Motorsport is started on AMD chipsets.
  • Fixed specific game crash that occurs if headphones are plugged into the front panel.
Note – PC players using AMD 7900 XTX who encounter a crash at the end of races should download the latest AMD graphics driver to resolve this issue.

Multiplayer
  • Fixes to matchmaking as a group, party management, and invites and joins across multiplayer.
  • Fixes to ensure custom liveries show up more consistently across multiplayer game modes.
  • Fixes to address cases where Intermission/Launch Countdown would take much longer than expected before the start of multiplayer races.
  • Fixes to automatic wet tire selection when entering an event, and fixes to fuel estimation logic.
  • Fixes to title stability when resuming from a suspended state on console.

Gameplay
  • Resolved an exploit related to changing car tune mid-race.
  • Fixed issue where the game becomes stuck in the “new content update” loop when entering the main menu.
  • Fixes to Replays in scenarios where Replays do not start playing, the cars do not move, or they float.
  • Fixed issue with a forced camera change at the start of a race.

Cars
  • Fixed issue with the 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS Sport Roll Cage visual upgrade option, which removes the roof of the car when viewed in first-person.

Wheels
  • Fixed issue that prevented the Thrustmaster T248 LED screen from displaying race position information.

Stability is an area that we’ll continue to work on beyond Update 2 with additional improvements coming to Forza Motorsport in future updates.

We’re aware that the infinite loading screen when saving a Quick Upgrade in the Builders Cup still occurs for some players after the Update 1.1 hotfix. We’re investigating this issue very carefully, and with the additional information that we have received from the community, we believe we have identified the root cause. We hope to better resolve this issue soon.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve these issues. Please continue sharing your bug reports with us on the Troubleshooting Hub. Including details such as reproduction steps can help us to identify and resolve issues more quickly. Continuing to submit your game content suggestions in the Suggestion Hub will help shape our future content updates.

We will share more details about the new content additions in Update 2, as well as the full list of fixes and improvements, closer to its release in November, and we’ll let you know once those changes begin to roll out.

Good to see more fixes inbound. I wonder what the "Many fixes to improve stability and reduce crashes" will be? And by stability they probably don't mean FPS stability. It would be nice if the framerates were part of this patch, but I highly doubt it. They got to make sure the game doesn't crash before fixing the variable FPS.

• Deleted member 197115

My only "issues" with the title at the moment is bully bumper cars AI and drab graphics.
Haven't experience a single crash, even with OCed GPU.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%