FM3 Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 3 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza-3-logo.jpg
Anyone have any info on this game? I have looked around but not really found anything about it. Besides Wikipedia.

Same here, you never get the complete thrill with a controller. :(

So true. I can't even play racing games without a wheel. I just have to stop being a cheap ass and get one of those fanatec wheels: I mean, with my limited experience on the matter, I've found that the more force feedback you get, the faster you go. So that thing might actually be worth the money, especially if it gives feedback in the pedals.

The fanatec is even more expensive though..
I just got myself a Microsoft wheel and I'm quite happy with it. It feels nice, the pedals are ok and racing is just so much more exciting :)
The thing I like most though is that it allows for precise steering. The motion of turning the wheel is just much larger than moving the joystick half a centimeter to the left or right.

The fanatec is even more expensive though..
I just got myself a Microsoft wheel and I'm quite happy with it. It feels nice, the pedals are ok and racing is just so much more exciting :)
The thing I like most though is that it allows for precise steering. The motion of turning the wheel is just much larger than moving the joystick half a centimeter to the left or right.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the MS wheels are great. In fact, I've found that they are deserving of a lot more credit than people give them; however, there are still areas that are in need of improvement. I still tend to lose feeling in the wheel going around certain corners (force feedback) and the pedals, although quite playable, need some work. Because if there is one area (speed wise) that the controller has an advantage over the wheel, it's in its ability to accelerate and decelerate the car. It has taken me a whole lot of work to even get on par with the controller guys with the wheel, and half of the battle has been learning how to use the pedals...

So if the fanatec wheel can actually turn the tables, so to speak, and give me the advantage over the controller guys for once, I may shell out the extra doe and get one of those suckers.

I got to play the FM3 demo this weekend (im guessing it was a press version). I didn't get to play for long and it was only with a controller, but it seemed more on the sim side as far as physics are concerned. The R8 V10 handled pretty well. Graphics looked nice as well.

"No exposed suspension cars like Ariel Atoms, Lotus 340Rs or Caterhams, even though T10 owns PGR and they had the tech to model working suspensions." I guess that means no formula cars..NO NO NO NO NO cant be!!!!!!!!

Now seeing that video I suddenly see a use for the rewind button. It's great for practising a specific corner. I always find it very frustrating when there is a single corner that I always get wrong, and want to try again without having to drive another full lap, and this is the solution. :giggle:

• John Mactavish

I got to play the FM3 demo this weekend (im guessing it was a press version). I didn't get to play for long and it was only with a controller, but it seemed more on the sim side as far as physics are concerned. The R8 V10 handled pretty well. Graphics looked nice as well.

Does forza 3 handle the same as the older forza 2? I didn't like how forza 2 handled...

How does it handle compared to race pro. I love how race pro handles...hoping forza 3 handles the same :)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 178 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 146 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 97 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 42 8.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 11 2.1%