AC FWD vs RWD: Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda@Nordschleife, Wed 31st January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Im way way quicker in the Abarth,but i just cant seem to get a timed lap in.Tried allsorts of options,so will go with the Mazda..My worst track ever,cant seem to gel with it no matter which car i,ve driven,and theres been a few around here...Hoping for a top 10,but after an hr racing bringing it home will be a miracle.
Here I go again, no practice whatsoever... I've driven the track in gran turismo but never in AC. Long tracks don't have my favour which I cannot attack, so bear with me if i'm really off pace tonight.

See you tonight guys

PS I'll be in Nyck de Vries's car so it's not an unusual sight driving at the back

Last edited:
PS I'll be in Nyck de Vries's car so it's not an unusual sight driving at the back
it´s a good thing then that Mazzespinn got sacked. :p
(shame he got sacked for political reasons, not for being a bad driver or a deplorable "human" being)

On a (more smoky) note:

I noticed that " the SuzukAi" revved theyr little hearts out while making unpleasant noises.
What I learned later is that some of this little hearts grenaded from the stress, these things don´t seem to like banging on the rev limiter for minutes at a time.

Maybe you FWD afflicted should go for the Abastardt, it at least seems to be stable in the engine compartment.:rolleyes:

dead.jpg

Last edited:
Such a busy week at work I forgot it was wednesday today and had a kapsalon for dinner. :O_o: I'll just show up and see what happens... :roflmao: For the non-dutch:

That actually counts as extra ballast! Great driver's excuse! ;)
...and now I'm hungry.

It was a great race guys, really enjoyed it.
The Suzuki felt good during the race, but what I wasn't expecting was how much hindrance a Mazda would cause on the third sector. Half of my laps I would collect someone there and had to slow down. At least got a bit of a tow in the straight to compensate. That is, for a few seconds before they would blast off into the sunset again.
Great timings all around. Fulvio did not disappoint with the lap times :alien: - absolutely fantastic mate!

Looking forward to the next one. I don't know what Han is cooking but it can't get any better than the Nordschleife for me.

Thanks!
- Ricardo

Wow, that was fun, really love the Nordschleife! Felt great in the mazda today.

First PB in practice, did a solid run all session, just getting into a flow.

Qualy was weird… Andre and me were pretty close during outlap, was bound to blow up somewhere and so it did, with Andre trying to do Nordslchleife the other way around :cool:.
First timed lap I had Fulvio on my tail, he put some pressure on and somehow I hit the lines better than I did before, so I had big green numbers. But… Bouke and pressure… I lost it at the double right and invalidated my lap. So, one lap left played safe and landed P12, far from pb though…

Race was fun! Survived the first corner things and rolled into the race. A few minor mistakes, trading places with others with minor mistakes. Met lots of others, saw a few back later on… had Jason on my tail, my left, my right, Jason everywhere :cool: Then he got me but a little later he kinda skipped Adenauer and went off behind the fence and left the race.

Found myself hotlapping the next laps and got into a flow, so cool. Missed my pitbox, had to reverse so the also pitting Han was out of reach. Jari and Carsten pitting as well. Robert in sight at some point, gave me some extra power to PB in the chase, but he was quicker and cleaner.

But really happy I could do the last laps quite clean, keeping Jari and Carsten at a safe distance. Really happy finishing 9th place at the Nordschleife, happy with that!

Thanks Han! Thanks Steve for bringing up NOS in track of the month, thanks guys for great racing and congrats to the Aliens on stage!

Nordschleife always been one of my favourite the flow through the s3 simply amazing , still prefer the gt's on this ,but even the mazda was enjoyable :) , had a nice battle with Kimi on the sector3 congratz for keep that clean :thumbsup: . got an hit in my rear on lap3 i think by Allan and i was able to pull an awesome manouver to keep my car on the track. just before that i had another contact with him pushing my car almost to the grass side by side want to know if he saw me that i was on his side. anyway Congratz to Ernie p1 class and Thomas for the podium .Thank you Han as always for hosting .

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.2%
Back