Global Formula Automobilista - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sasha Jednak, a really good result was on for you there until some unfortunate happenings at the end. How will you bounce back?

For sure, a big hit for the team. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong in just few laps. It would probably hurt less if it happened in first 5, than last 5 laps. But, as we said just after the race, our title fight is gone now. We are now in fight for best of midfield and we will try to bring our best game as always. That's the only way we know to race. And our drivers were at the factory on the evening of the race, ready to work on improvements and doing analysis of what went wrong.

@Lesley Buurlage, NLE Motorsport seemed to be a way off the pace here. How can you resolve this for the rest of the season?
this race was all about damage limitation. our High downforce package has been delayed so we had to run with less downforce than we wanted, i'm content with 5th and 7th as it could had been much worse. we're more hopefull for montreal and austria, and we believe we will have the pace to fight with DTK and Harvey again, and faithful we even have the advantage on the straights. the folks at the factory are working around the clock to get the higher downforce package ready, and we hope to introduce it for the final few rounds of the season, starting at hockenheim

Rare images of the Harvey drivers looking for the rest of field
penelope-pitstop-gif-7.gif

@Millsy24, victory by a country mile there, how long before you can take control of the championships?
Hopefully very soon, we've almost maxed out our engine and have a competitive downforce package - hopefully we can ride our good luck to a pair of championships asap

Commentary box is still empty. If anybody wants to join tonight, you'll need skype and to be free from 10pm UK time tonight. Contact me in your private messages if you're interested.

BUTTON TAKES POLE AGAIN
montrealgrid.jpg

Jenson Button found himself comfortably ahead of the pack as he took pole by over half a second over Valentino Rossi. Verstappen ended up third, with the DTKs 4th and 6th, Fangio in between them and Brundle in 7th. Alonso was the big loser of qualifying, finding himself 21st, with his team mate 2nd.

The final chicane was a mess in the race. Please, please may someone keep a pen and paper ready and keep a tally of how many times individual drivers spin there. You'll see why when you watch the race. Also my mic was on!

Well.. I had a sponsor at the start of the season. After 3 races, I've changed it to something half of the grid had... well then I will change it once again :cry:

Sponsors are happy, and that's about it. We were off the pace that we expected in this race. Fangio tried to stay with faster cars but only caused him to burn the tyres and lose places in the end. Clark gave his best shot, but he did only what sponsor asked.

We just managed to get a new young german (compared to our 108 and 74 drivers) as test driver, who became free. So we expect to fix some things with the car behavior before next race.

BUTTON TRIES TO THROW AWAY WIN, NOBODY TAKES IT
1589362276473.png

Jenson Button scored his third consecutive win in dominat fashion, despite two high-profile incidents. Button's 7 second victory disguises the fact that the Harvey Racing driver was infinitely faster than everyone else. Button's first incident was a spin at the final chicane, where he lost 21 seconds trying to extricate the car from the wall. he was very lucky to not lose a front wing, while the second incident occurred as he tried to lap Gurney for the 4th time, leading to Button spinning around, once again lucky to avoid damage. The NLE motorsport cars tried to keep Button honest, but they were nowhere as Verstappen jumped Rossi for 2nd at the pitstops. Rossi crossed the line third to take his, and Siggy Pop's first podium of the season, somewhat making up for the Donington park disaster.

Chris Hoy salvaged 5th as DTK Racing lost both championship leads, his team mate barthez having an awful race, finishing a lap down in 11th after really struggling with the final chicane. He wasn't the only one, with many drivers ending their race in the Wall of Champions. Alain Prost recorded his first points of the season with a solid drive to 12th in the Falcon.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Millsy24 From the outside it looked like an absolute mess of a race for Harvey where you somehow managed to salvage a brilliant result. Now you've taken the championship lead, how is that going to affect your spending?
@the_sigman Congraulations on your first podium! The upgrades must have worked well, how do you see the rest of the season going for the team?
@Meff28s A strong start to the season seems to be slipping into nothing now. What do you need to do to turn this around for Braverra?

@Meff28s A strong start to the season seems to be slipping into nothing now. What do you need to do to turn this around for Braverra?
Well.. you tell me ! I really don't know.. Full on speed to finally get ONE sponsor money once ? Changing to something I'm 100% sure to get ? I really don't know..

Hi guys, I join now!
Team name: Bad Rain Motorsport
Team livery: Black and Red
Drivers: #19 Felipe Massa
#43 Jean Alesi
Black and Red are both colours that are taken, you'll have to choose a different single colour to be the main one of your livery.

Still, nice to see another new team on the grid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 9.5%