Global Formula Automobilista - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidfeld, you are the man!

Gutted that we lost a double podium, but lots of teams/drivers had misfortune today and we can't complain. We need to analyse that brake failure though, it looked seriously dangerous.

a brilliant result that I wasnt expecting, I feel like we could have had more especially with hamiltons early pace but we still outdid ourselves and I'm looking forward to Argentina

Manolis, your welcome. ;) I was happy to see my driver in top5 until the end , then realized Jim is not in my team anymore. :roflmao:
WIth 11th place, and DNF, this will be bad season.

Well that was a complete disaster.

If anything is going to motivate me to fix that fuel glitch, my driver throwing away an easy win is surely a one. :devilish:

Special shout out goes to Damon Hill for his stint in purgatory!

HEIDFELD DOMINATES AS RIVALS FALTER
1594201963437.png

Nick Heidfeld scores his and Hightech's first victory at the season-opening Brazilian Grand Prix, as misfortune hit his biggest rivals. Chris Hoy took the lead, but ran out of fuel before the pit lane and retired, a misfortune which removed Bellof and Vettel from the race too. Kamui Kobayashi was looking to make it a Hightech 1-2 until his brakes failed into Turn 4. Alain Prost and Damon Hill also had brake issues which forced them to retire. High attrition caused many teams to lose one or even both of their drivers from the race, with the 7th an 8th places of Bad Rain making them the highest placed team with both drivers across the line.

The top 2 teams from last year's championship, NLE and DTK had races to forget. Neither scored points and both NLE's were lapped after colliding with each other. A first podium for Polestar Performance was perhaps the star result, with double points for both Kas Racing and Bad Rain also being notable, which Mansell scored points for Jawz GP from the back of the grid on debut.

MARKET IS OPEN

Interviews
@Omer Said, your first podium and first victory in the series is surely the best way to start the season, how far can you go?
@Millsy24, the team looks to have great pace this year, which driver is going to become your #1, or will you try to operate a 2-driver policy?
@ME9Swe, your first podium in the series! How do you feel and what can you do to keep the form up?

@Omer Said, your first podium and first victory in the series is surely the best way to start the season, how far can you go?

It was a pleasant surprise for the team. But we must also pay attention to the fact that Hoy's retirement gave us the win. We lack a lot in the drivers' department, and we will be caught up by the rivals quickly if we don't improve Heidfeld and Kobayashi.

@ME9Swe, your first podium in the series! How do you feel and what can you do to keep the form up?

First off I feel amazing, really proud of the guys who have worked so hard in building and preparing this outfit for this long season ahead. I think if we can finish races in the top 10 or top 5 consistently I think we can certainly keep up with the fast guys

@Millsy24, the team looks to have great pace this year, which driver is going to become your #1, or will you try to operate a 2-driver policy?
We’re looking towards having an equal 2 driver policy until it becomes obvious whos closer to a title. Last year giving Jenson the best treatment ultimately cost us when he ran out of fuel. Shame Sebby is already on the back foot though, how hard is it to put the right amount of fuel in?

The race is tonight, last chance to get your buys in if you haven't made them yet. I'm not going to be posting reminders in conversations this season, so if you miss out, it's your fault.

Funny how Kas racing went from the most unreliable car and ide at the side of the road for 90% of the season to now being the most reliable car on the grid

HIGHTECH DOMINATE AGAIN
ArgentinaQuali.jpg

Hightech Racing scored another front-row lockout for the second race in a row, with their newly upgraded engine shooting them forwards. Polestar took the second row, as one of three teams to reach the High downforce upgrade along with Harvey and Siggy Pop. Chris Hoy was in 6th, hoping to make up for his retirement last race. Vettel, Mansell, Inoue and Senna are drivers also out of position and likely to move up in the race.

What a disastrous race for Hightech! We also need to figure out why Heidfeld's car was going bonkers, especially at Turn 1.

Payback for Hoy. It was an exciting race to watch even though it was a tragedy for us.

TBH I'm just glad nobody ran out of fuel this race. Everyone who retired was either engine failures, brake issues or gearbox. There was some great racing, epic storylines and some scary moments too.

I'm so glad Hoy finally got his first win. This makes up for Imola last year, but still, Kobayashi did his best to throw Hoy off track when he could :roflmao:

Okay result for us, considering that field is very close. We need to be more aggressive on first lap, Moss was ahead of Vettel and then in traffic got overtaken and stayed stuck behind Perez and Hamilton for a long time. Without it, maybe even a podium was possible. Fangio drove as much as car allowed. So our first goal is to bring upgrades for next race (Ferrari style). :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%