GT5 Going to buy PS3 just for GT5

Hi there,

as the title says I am going to buy a ps3 for gt5 and got some questions:

1.) I heard that some say that the _old_ ps3 would be better then the new one.. is that true? Why would it be so?

2.) What would be a good option for a wheel+pedals to work also on PC ? (I now have a Logitech Formula Force EX for my PC)

Thanks and Cheers!

Michael

What I was thinking though is that on Gran Turismo PSP you can go into the options menu (in game) and there is an option to install the whole game to your PSP Memory stick, I thought maybe the same option would come with GT5.

I think that GT5 will always install partially, but i don't think the partial install would take up 10 gigs. I may be wrong though :)

DFGT works with PS3 and PS2. The wheel is the wheel of GT series. It works on GT3, GT4 on PS2. GT5P and GT5(upon release). The Fanatec wheels and the G25 are to be supported. I not 100% sure about the G27 from listening to some of the guys at TPRA, which are the ones that post in the forums at the Gran Turismo US site. My PS3 slim 250 works well and I have bought it mainly for GT5, but I have picked up a few games since GT5P. You can back up your save games to an external hard drive. The hard drive can be easily replace with a 750, but I will wait, since I have a 2 year warranty! The DFGT works with F1 2010 PC, but not sure about NFS SHIFT, Dirt 2, Race On, GTR 2, and GTL.

I'm in the same boat here. I've been a PC gamer for...well forever, since the SNES, the last console I owned. Probably going to get a PS3 just for GT5.

(A) Is that insane?

If not then

(B) Any suggestions on PS3 model, type etc.

(C) Can I assume the Logitech G27 will work on the PS3/GT5?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%