good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Peter Boese I also posted these over at ilja's discord but wanted to post here too. I'm using latest everything. CM, your mod, his shaders light patch... it's all latest and verified to hell and back. And i simply don't think sun should be blinding like this at 19:00 with broken clouds (that means a fair amount of clouds in the sky) Is this normal or a bug? Look how it goes over the rear view mirror. The screens are from nords but it happens in all the other tracks too.

EDIT: It also happens with 2.2, i wanted to wait to see if it would go away with 2.3 but it didn't.

View attachment 258024 View attachment 258025 View attachment 258026 View attachment 258027
This is a side effect of the PPFilter's glare and godray effect. If there is no effect on the sun, just a basic circle is visible - which looks pretty rough. So i decided to have a blending sun - which is more realistic the most of the time. This is the ugliest thing with AC engine. ATM i tried to get a more dramatic dusk to make the sun plausible.
ufL2sq8.jpg

This is a side effect of the PPFilter's glare and godray effect. If there is no effect on the sun, just a basic circle is visible - which looks pretty rough. So i decided to have a blending sun - which is more realistic the most of the time. This is the ugliest thing with AC engine. ATM i tried to get a more dramatic dusk to make the sun plausible.
ufL2sq8.jpg
Thanks for making clear this is "as designed" and not a bug on my end. Good to know.

Been working on an idea but don't get too excited, it's not as good as you might first think. What about a static rain overlay? The visor helmet view layer mod gave me the idea and this is the result so far....
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_silverstone_Rain test2.jpg

Ok, it looks good in a still screenshot but remember its static so it looks wrong whilst moving, and in cockpit view the rain is inside the car. However, on external views it looks brilliant. Here is a pic of Mansell at a very wet Silverstone.
Screenshot_asr_1991_williams_fw14_ks_silverstone_rain.jpg

See it doesn't look bad, early days and I've probably wasted too much time on it today already.
Food for thought though.

Ok, It kind of works with the open wheelers.
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_ks_silverstone_rain test 1.jpg
Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_ks_silverstone_Raintest 2.jpg

Got a day off tomorrow so I'll see if I can get it to something workable for an upload. You'll need the visorXforce mod though to work it. Watch this space...

here is the problem I am trying to describe
I will post an image of the same scene in the old GBW and the new GBW suite.
Everything just looks too dark in the new suite to be realistic
Weather SetScreenshot_ferrari_f40_comp_mugello_1-7-118-20-35-29.jpg
Dynamic WeatherScreenshot_ferrari_f40_comp_mugello_1-7-118-20-36-19.jpg
Old GBWScreenshot_ferrari_f40_comp_mugello_1-7-118-20-37-59.jpg

Quick question, are day-to-night transitions and vice versa possible with this? Setting time to 60x in CM at 20:00 did nothing for the sky after 10 minutes. Totally digging this mod regardless, just curious about this one thing and if I installed it wrong.

Edit: Just went back a page, now I know. sorry!

Last edited:
here is the problem I am trying to describe
I will post an image of the same scene in the old GBW and the new GBW suite.
Everything just looks too dark in the new suite to be realistic

When changing the filter cm_weather on track for the gbw_suite one, this slightly darker view becomes the usual clearer view. So follow Peter's advice and this should make you happier ;):

This is a feature CM provides and gbwSuite uses - everthing is right with "__cm_weather". I use this function of creating a slightly changed filter out of the base filter. If you have a look in the manual, it is described there. You can switch of this function here:
SETTINGS->CONTENT MANAGER->DRIVE->disable "Use custom weather's PP-Filter"
But then you miss all the other changes dependent on time and temperature.
Night should be black.

Attachments

• __gbW386.ini
    6 KB · Views: 216
So if you see "cm_weather" in the PostProcessing-app it's a good sign you have the best visual quality.

Hi Peter. Talking with a friend because night shaders didn't work well, we saw a big difference between "_cm_weather" and "_gbWSuite". I don't know if I touched something I should not or what, but with previous versions of both mods, it usually worked well.
I made a couple of photos showing the difference:

Portapapeles-1.png

Portapapeles-2.png

Is there anything I can do to make it look like the last photo without having to change the PP filter in-game?

Hi Peter. Talking with a friend because night shaders didn't work well, we saw a big difference between "_cm_weather" and "_gbWSuite". I don't know if I touched something I should not or what, but with previous versions of both mods, it usually worked well.
I made a couple of photos showing the difference:

Portapapeles-1.png

Portapapeles-2.png

Is there anything I can do to make it look like the last photo without having to change the PP filter in-game?
With the next release i add a little config file for gbwSuite. There it will be possible to customize such things. Then you can choose to have more headlights or lower the darkness effect.

For the moment you could switch off "use weather's custom PPFilter".

When running a 24h weather (e.g. Clear__dynamic_24h), should the sky type change automatically while running? I was testing this out today and looking at the different appearences the game should have; I started with the time set to 6.15 (i.e. the game should appear to be "Dawn without visible sun"), but after 30 minutes of in-engine time had passed, there was no Sunrise. I stayed in engine for another hour and still the sun was not visible. But when I reloaded the engine with the time set to start at 6.30, the sun was clearly visible.

Anyway, complaint over, I still absolutely love the mod! Just wondering if this is the way it's meant to work or not.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back