good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Any idea why this funky glare stuff happens with BRIGHT_PASS=1 (under [GLARE] heading in ppfilter)? Will probably turn it off for night time anyway, but just out of curiosity:

5d8f75a4b5.jpg

BRIGHT_PASS=0:
6d1f6d28e4.jpg

This is with the Broken weather at around 3am (increased brightness in both pics for better visibility).
ATM I'm tweaking the new __gbwSuite filter. And i will redo the night times of the actual 24h weather. I tried to get some visual behavoirs at night times. But they are kind of unstable.
Thanks for the hint with bright pass!

sorry I guess dark is the wrong word. It just doesn't really look like noon time. Compared to those other weathers it looks like evening

Last edited:
Was tinkering around with the weather.ini files and noticed that the moon texture is loaded as a cloud texture. Does this mean that a textured moon isn't quite possible with cloudy weather using this method at this stage?

Was tinkering around with the weather.ini files and noticed that the moon texture is loaded as a cloud texture. Does this mean that a textured moon isn't quite possible with cloudy weather using this method at this stage?
Exactly. Then its limited to just 1 "cloud". But i already tried to show the moon within a gap of a cloud covered sky. Where the overcast sky is black and only the gab with the moon is visible. Have to work on that...

Not sure if this is a CM related issue but whenever I load up races it loads up a _cmweather filter. Looked in the PPFilters folder and this filter doesn't exist. It makes the night time completely blacked out unless I manually switch to your filters, which really isn't a problem with just a few simple clicks but it tends to get annoying after some time.

Edit: Nevermind, the _cmweather is normal lol, but for some reason running Circuit De La Sarthe is pitch black unless I switch to other filters.

Last edited:
This is a feature CM provides and gbwSuite uses - everthing is right with "__cm_weather". I use this function of creating a slightly changed filter out of the base filter. If you have a look in the manual, it is described there. You can switch of this function here:
SETTINGS->CONTENT MANAGER->DRIVE->disable "Use custom weather's PP-Filter"
But then you miss all the other changes dependent on time and temperature.
Night should be black.

What is that wizardry? :)

On a more serious note: How did you get such a high quality reflection?
I've maxed everything out in AC but my reflections aren't that crisp/"reflective".
Is it a special time of day or does it matter whether "light rain" or "heavy rain" is chosen?
As you I have have max out settings so I am not sure what is different, I used "light rain".
Other than that I just angle the shot:)

What is that wizardry? :)

On a more serious note: How did you get such a high quality reflection?
I've maxed everything out in AC but my reflections aren't that crisp/"reflective".
Is it a special time of day or does it matter whether "light rain" or "heavy rain" is chosen?
My reflection settings are all maxed out too and my picture was taken at 13.30 game time with heavy rain dynamic. I use my own optimum ppfilter or photo filter

I think why I was complaining was that the colors of the environment are too vibrant, and the sky looks kind of faded, which doesn't look very realistic

@Peter Boese I also posted these over at ilja's discord but wanted to post here too. I'm using latest everything. CM, your mod, his shaders light patch... it's all latest and verified to hell and back. And i simply don't think sun should be blinding like this at 19:00 with broken clouds (that means a fair amount of clouds in the sky) Is this normal or a bug? Look how it goes over the rear view mirror. The screens are from nords but it happens in all the other tracks too.

EDIT: It also happens with 2.2, i wanted to wait to see if it would go away with 2.3 but it didn't.

Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_ks_nordschleife_30-6-118-18-17-34.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_ks_nordschleife_30-6-118-18-17-38.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_ks_nordschleife_30-6-118-18-18-26.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_miata_ks_nordschleife_30-6-118-18-18-27.jpg

Last edited:
I added SHAPE_BLOOM_LUMINANCE = 2 and SHAPE_STAR_LUMINANCE = 0.8, under glare at night, so it's looking like this
upload_2018-6-30_19-4-5.png

upload_2018-6-30_19-4-27.png

I leave here my modified files

Attachments

• filter.ini
    3 KB · Views: 218
  • filter.lua.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 275
If I have the shaders mod installed, do I need to still install the reshade that comes in the GBW Suite? It's starting to get a little confusing, lol.

If I have the shaders mod installed, do I need to still install the reshade that comes in the GBW Suite? It's starting to get a little confusing, lol.
Nope. No need at all. The reshade of gbw is completely optional and completely independent of the shaders mod of ilja.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%