good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
How can I clean install this update? I tried gbW suit for the first time a couple of weeks ago and installed with JSGME, is it enough to just disable the mod in that or are there files/folders I should manually delete? Thanks

How can I clean install this update? I tried gbW suit for the first time a couple of weeks ago and installed with JSGME, is it enough to just disable the mod in that or are there files/folders I should manually delete? Thanks
Just disable it with JSGME. You can also create another path in the MOD folder "gbwSuite2_4" and put everything what the manual says in there, instead of "AC root folder" and then activate this.

Reactions: EIF
Usually while dusks and dawns. Dawns have a slightly richer effect. With "broken clouds" i did some special changes, because then there are big clouds, which will benefit from the settings.
Struggle to get the pink effect in VR. But clouds are awesome. Is there a way to change at what time the headlights auto turn on - I feel they too early at the moment . Thanks

Which pink effect?

you can set "shadermod__use_gbwSuite_optimized_settings = false" in the config and then you can setup the "\extension\config\lighting_fx.ini" yourself and lower the AMBIENT_BASED_BRIGHTNESS_MULT.
Hi Peter - your photo made the clouds look pink , like I get at sunset .. I was trying to emulate your photo, as I love the warm pink sunset

Hi Peter - your photo made the clouds look pink , like I get at sunset .. I was trying to emulate your photo, as I love the warm pink sunset
AH. You use VR. Just set the "vr_active = true" line in the config also to "vr_active = false".
The sunset effect is made with the "godrays" yebis effect.

The little script in the config just puts gbwSuite automatically in vr-mode, which means it deactivates "glare" and "godrays". They could be annoying while driving...

WIP Report:

Today i converted the whole gbwSuite to integrate a coming feature. Yesterday i was converting solar functions to get global sun positions. Now i have a little system to get the right sun position for every location and time. Sure it will have its further use.

So here is the same location at the same time, but at different dates:
(the track skins are old, no part of a further release)

21.12. 6:10
3oQomAX.jpg

01.10. 6:10
Oysx2if.jpg

21.06. 6:10
OaWmSqd.jpg

The best part of this is, the tracks will get a different look when you have the right sun position. But it will take its time to get in a usability...

AH. You use VR. Just set the "vr_active = true" line in the config also to "vr_active = false".
The sunset effect is made with the "godrays" yebis effect.

The little script in the config just puts gbwSuite automatically in vr-mode, which means it deactivates "glare" and "godrays". They could be annoying while driving...
Where is that file for activate or desactivate?

• Deleted member 197115

Peter, this line in script
if string.find(video__render__mode, "OCULUS") == 1 then
vr__active = true
else
vr__active = false
end

You probably want to add OpenVR as well.

WIP Report:

Today i converted the whole gbwSuite to integrate a coming feature. Yesterday i was converting solar functions to get global sun positions. Now i have a little system to get the right sun position for every location and time. Sure it will have its further use.

So here is the same location at the same time, but at different dates:
(the track skins are old, no part of a further release)

21.12. 6:10
3oQomAX.jpg

01.10. 6:10
Oysx2if.jpg

21.06. 6:10
OaWmSqd.jpg

The best part of this is, the tracks will get a different look when you have the right sun position. But it will take its time to get in a usability...
Has this something to do with the first test of a 24h cycle?

Peter, I'm having a problem with the latest version of the mod. Whatever time I set it to in CM, it's always night. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug with the current version?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%