good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Oh your screen is like IRL 6.2.2018 :confused: Have to check once again. Will it be lighten one hour later (dynamic)?
No Peter I‘m from Porsche Hometown
Yes. 6:45 is with low but bright sun. I checked with sunearthtools.com. In Australia is now Wintertime, so DST is false. And 5:45 there should be some light or even the sun.

• Deleted member 241736

Hello Peter,
I checked it twice again, this is for your Information and my hope to fix the genius geo-dates involved. My pics are at Bathurst, Time 5:45 h (race start), Date 8.2.2018 -> sun is to high

IRL it is dark, look at the pic beneath

Your screenshot is also a dark Bathurst at 5:45h but on 3. Okt. 2018 .... ?

Xela1 Grüße
20181003190151_1.jpg

BH3_8_2_2019.jpg

BH 5_45h.png

Hello Peter,
I checked it twice again, this is for your Information and my hope to fix the genius geo-dates involved. My pics are at Bathurst, Time 5:45 h (race start), Date 8.2.2018 -> sun is to high

Xela1 GrüßeView attachment 272499

View attachment 272492

View attachment 272501
Open gbwSuite__Date_Location and turn this:

__CM__DST = os.date("*t", os.time{year=__CM__year, month=__CM__month, day=__CM__day}).isdst

into this:

__CM__DST = true

And then please come back and report to us.

• Deleted member 241736

your

__CM__DST = os.date("*t", os.time{year=__CM__year, month=__CM__month, day=__CM__day}).isdst

into this:

__CM__DST = true

you're quick SunBro. Will try it and report after Peters reply - just to respect the author

Hello Peter,

Xela1 GrüßeView attachment 272499

View attachment 272492

View attachment 272501
Thanks for the hint!

I found the error. It was a space character to many for an identifier.

Please use this fix:
HOTFIX 01: (3.10.2018)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi3ukv48fbpb0n4/__gbwSuite_2_5_1_fix01.rar?dl=0
- wrong DST (Daylight Saving Time) value

Don't be to rude with the lighting levels in the twilight times. With the reconstruction of gbwSuite the will be precise. For now its just an approach to reality...

into this:

__CM__DST = true

Hi SunBro,

This only works if there are no data from CM. But in almost all cases i got now the complete data for the tracks from CM, if it has or could generate the geotags. The DST value is one thing i can not check. I had to do much much much calculation, which is not worth it.

But i was looking for Istanbul and the DST is correct right now.

• Deleted member 241736

thx Peter it works fine in terms of light at 5:45h but the sun and light doesn't raise/increase when time goes by .....

Hey @Peter Boese you might want to mention this AMAZING Geo Tag feature in Content Manager in your GBW Suite manual:

It may help with tracks that have no tag or have a wrong Geo Tag now that track location is actually important as of your new precise sun location algorithm.

"The Geo tag feature of Content Manager is amazing:
- Go to Content Manager / CONTENT / TRACKS
- if "Geo Tags: None" click on the empty field ("None")
- a map view will open and will find the best place according to the track location
- now place the red location marker in the correct place on the actual track (use satellite view) and see how the lat + long coordinates change (top of the CM map view)
- now click OK and your track will have a proper, precise Geo Tag - AWESOME ! Thanks Ilja!"

This way people can add precise Geo Tag coordinates to ANY track that lack them, hence improve the GBW Suite experience.

This level of detail is getting creepy now ;-)

Hi SunBro,

This only works if there are no data from CM. But in almost all cases i got now the complete data for the tracks from CM, if it has or could generate the geotags. The DST value is one thing i can not check. I had to do much much much calculation, which is not worth it.

But i was looking for Istanbul and the DST is correct right now.
That might be because of a recent law. Our current idiot government changed turkey's more than 90 years old timezone... Turkey now legally no longer uses dst. We're now a permanent GMT+3 country. No changing clocks backwards or forwards, the term "dst" is now removed from our lawbook....

That might be because of a recent law. Our current idiot government changed turkey's more than 90 years old timezone... Turkey now legally no longer uses dst. We're now a permanent GMT+3 country. No changing clocks backwards or forwards, the term "dst" is now removed from our lawbook....
It will happen the same in Europe. Next year we will probably have the last time shift. But we will get accustomed with that...

• Deleted member 241736

It will happen the same in Europe. Next year we will probably have the last time shift. But we will get accustomed with that...
There‘s just one question left unanswered: Summer- or Winter-time in the future for the whole EU?
I pray for summer-time with looooong evenings ...

There‘s just one question left unanswered: Summer- or Winter-time in the future for the whole EU?
I pray for summer-time with looooong evenings ...
Next year the shift to summertime is for every country and then every country can decide for their own to shift to Wintertime in October or stay in summertime.

• Deleted member 241736

Next year the shift to summertime is for every country and then every country can decide for their own to shift to Wintertime in October or stay in summertime.
EU has to go in line, each country equal time - hasn‘t it?

• Deleted member 241736

No. As far as I know, next year they can choose whether to stay in summertime or to go once to Wintertime.
Don‘t think so Peter, it would be chaotic in terms of economy, trade and flightplans and....
I‘m looking forward to your 24h circle. You will call it gbw-suit 3.0?

Actually, without future changes, Peter is right ... what is foreseen is: no shift any longer but each state may decide to choose for summertime or wintertime hour.
Surely some countries will choose the same hour ( BE-NL-LU ....already mentioned to choose the same time ) .... but not sure all countries will do so.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 47 32.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 3 2.1%