good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
WIP Sol:
weather definition is ready (30 different weather, types are identically with CM, so full weather set is finished).
A7sGR81.jpg

hpJl5Fw.jpg

6aCAfeC.jpg

WIP Sol

Sol will bring a new way to do auto exposure. The main problem with the default AE are the different multipliers for every car.

With Sol's new self calibrating function, AE is calibrated in realtime and AE will work the same for every car - the brightness is always adapted to an optimal value. There is no need to control it for different tracks, weather or times.

And additionally there is a new mode:
The new AE controlling can be used to control Sol's own HDR/dynamic contrast effect instead of a brightness regulation...

yes, correctly
AH. So just rename it to default.ini - Thats the filter which is always used for VR. Or if you have Content Manager you can set "Override default PP filter in Oculus Rift mode" in the SETTINGS->CONTENT MANAGER->DRIVE menu. Then the default.ini is replaced with your selected PPFilter for the time of the race. After it, it will be restored. For this, your filter must be selected in SETTINGS->ASSETTO CORSA->VIDEO->Post Processing: filter.

WIP Sol.

While writing the manual, I wanted to write "particles integration will come later". I just wanted to wait till Ilja had time to rework the particles. But then I decided trying to rewrite the old particles implementation for Sol and the result is ok. Its not perfect, but it will be a nice start for the first release. But they will not change with changing weather!

WIP Sol.

While writing the manual, I wanted to write "particles integration will come later". I just wanted to wait till Ilja had time to rework the particles. But then I decided trying to rewrite the old particles implementation for Sol and the result is ok. Its not perfect, but it will be a nice start for the first release. But they will not change with changing weather!
Is that pcars 2 graphic? :roflmao::roflmao:

Hello!
At first, thanks a lot for your work, in combination with the other great mods this is a true essential graphics mod by now. Great work!
I did enjoy it for the first weeks, but today i noticed something odd: Usually i drive with "Real conditions" turned on, so it should change the weather etc depending on the time, right ? (at least thats what i thought it does).
But currently its always on one of the 3 gbw_dyn_Thunderstorm options, doesnt matter wich time i choose. Also ingame its always Thunderstorm.
Weird thing is, that the preview window that shows up when i hover over the weather tab sometimes shows different weathers (that is also the case when i pick "Random", it just goes to randomize sometimes, not depending where i click on the time bar), but the tab itself is always one of the thunderstorm options. but it changes between them (sometimes, light/heavy/normal). I can manually change the weather, i can choose different options, but as soon as i tick 'Real conditions' it gets back to this status. even when i first choose a different option like 'Clear', tick the box, and change the time, it goes back to Thunderstorm.
I tried to find the issue (is it one?) myself, but i just cant figure it out. It doesnt matter which car/track combination, i also reinstalled your mod and Content Manager. I did not mess around with files, the only thing that "happened" during the last weeks was that my graphics card died during assetto, so it crashed. I also started/played the game for testing purposes (i needed to find the reason why things crashed) with the normal steam launcher.
Maybe im just stupid and dont see the obvious thing, sorry for wasting your time then. But if this is something, i would be very thankful for a solution!
Thanks in Advance

"Real Conditions" is the weather conditions for your location, time from your pc clock. So i assume its some beastly weather over there on your side

edit: seems like the weather of the track location will be taken, with weather data request over internet

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%