rFactor 2 Racing Club event
gp2header.png

Server Name: RACEDEPT.COM GP2
Mod: F1-S-R GP2 2011 (V2.0)
Track: Nurburgring, Germany

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:20 GMT: Qualification
20:30 GMT: Warm-up
20:35 GMT: Race (2 X 20 Minutes, Formation lap with Standing start)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Extra Notes

•Formation lap will take place at 100 Mph tops. Weaving is allowed however no brake tests and no burnouts. Stopping on the formation lap is not allowed.
•Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
•Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
•If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.To sign up simply state below.

Sign-up list:
  1. - Kyle Puttifer
  2. - David Miller
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -

I want to try, but I'm not sure my Internet connection will let me race....

edit: tried a few laps... fun car, fun track but unfortunately I keep losing connections after some minutes as always on this game...
very frustrating, so I'm not racing....

I'm tempted to join, but I'm having some horrible stability problems with this car. If I can get to a point where I can go 3 laps without spinning, I'd love to join. But otherwise, I think it's best if I don't. I'll do some more experimenting today, see if I can do anything to help.

Q1: Very frustrating, did my PB (1:38.3) but some pretender who has never driven the cars before goes and sets a time 1.5s faster. 2nd on grid.
R1: Witnessed the pretender's fail on the formation lap (right in front of me on the racing line) and I think he tried to overtake me afterwards into the 2nd hairpin - obviously doesn't know that you go to the back of the queue if you spin. Before he spun the actual pace was far too slow (about 70mph instead of 100).
Half-decent start, and had a frustrating first lap where the pretender was just pulling away, and I binned it at the final corner.
Decided to give up after that, his race times were faster than my quali so I knew that I would have had no chance if I had been able to continue. Didn't bother to do R2, there was no point and my arms were very tired (shows the effort I put in).

Nice to be putting in 100+ laps of practice (plus over 200 in previous races with GP2 cars) and then someone shows up and eclipses me on his first few laps, similar to how Senna joined McLaren and humiliated Prost.
Very demotivated now, not sure if I'll bother next week.
Thanks to RD.

Well Reasonbly pleased with tonight.

Focused entirely on a race setup and consistency during practise and got a nice balanced and stable car out of it, Might have been a bit short of ultimate pace but It was very nice to drive.

Q1: went out on soft tires (as I forgot about super softs) and put in a 1.40.3 which gave me P4

R1: saw quite a few spin offs ahead of me on the formation lap, not sure who it was though
Bogged down of the line and dropped down to 5th of the line, though got up the inside when P4 ran wide into T1, from there I just put in steady laps and kept it off the walls, Inherited 3rd at the end of lap 1 when Kyle went out, and thats where I stayed till the flag.

Unfortunatly due to noise restrictions in my house I had to Miss Race 2

Still enjoyed racing the GP2 car for the first time, and may well be back for another go next time

Thanks to all for racing

Kyle - I think you need to learn to be a bit more patient. I think you were on for a solid 2nd place, as even if you were slower than Emil, you were significantly faster than me (1:38.3 versus my PB 1:39.255), and I qualified 3rd. You're better than you think you are.

One thing which was demonstrated in R2 is that raw speed isn't everything. I won the second race thanks to Emil spinning in the first few laps. Had you stuck with us, I'm sure it'd be you on the top of the podium in R2, and not me. :)

All in all, I enjoyed tonight. Thanks for some exciting racing, guys. :)

I think it's a case of once I see I'm not as fast as I thought, I lose motivation, and therefore concentration, and therefore overall speed.
I'm like Raikkonen...
That pretender was definitely smoking something. :p
Nuerburgring GP-Strecke isn't a strong track for me anyway, I'm sure that if the pretender was there last week I would have had the measure of him.
(I think I will call Emil "the pretender" from now on. :D)
One thing which was demonstrated in R2 is that raw speed isn't everything. I won the second race thanks to Emil spinning in the first few laps. Had you stuck with us, I'm sure it'd be you on the top of the podium in R2, and not me. :)
1234931504682.jpg

Q1: Very frustrating, did my PB (1:38.3) but some pretender who has never driven the cars before goes and sets a time 1.5s faster. 2nd on grid.
R1: Witnessed the pretender's fail on the formation lap (right in front of me on the racing line) and I think he tried to overtake me afterwards into the 2nd hairpin - obviously doesn't know that you go to the back of the queue if you spin. Before he spun the actual pace was far too slow (about 70mph instead of 100).
Half-decent start, and had a frustrating first lap where the pretender was just pulling away, and I binned it at the final corner.
Decided to give up after that, his race times were faster than my quali so I knew that I would have had no chance if I had been able to continue. Didn't bother to do R2, there was no point and my arms were very tired (shows the effort I put in).

Nice to be putting in 100+ laps of practice (plus over 200 in previous races with GP2 cars) and then someone shows up and eclipses me on his first few laps, similar to how Senna joined McLaren and humiliated Prost.
Very demotivated now, not sure if I'll bother next week.
Thanks to RD.
About spinning, yes. I did not know the rules about the formation lap. Although, there is no minimum speed limit, just a maximum. Also, I can't find the rule you are referring to regarding spinning, but I'm sure that you are correct. I know that there is one in some leagues here at RD, but the Racing Club rules are very short.

About R2, well, I spun. To be honest, arrogant as I may appear, I sort of didn't mind. Just running away with it in R1 wasn't exactly my definition of fun, so I can't say that I tried my hardest at the start of R2. I did try towards the end though, I'll tell you that. :)

All in all, a fun event. I liked the cars and even with the default setup they are really nice and easy to drive once you get in to the rhythm of them. Also, the tyres are very durable, which is something that I need. I usually go a bit too much sideways.

(I think I will call Emil "the pretender" from now on. :D)
Hah, well. It could be worse, I suppose. :)
I was just lucky tonight, finding the pace quickly. I did not expect this at all. :)

Nuerburgring GP-Strecke isn't a strong track for me anyway, I'm sure that if the pretender was there last week I would have had the measure of him.
Now that's a challenge I can't walk away from :)
I downloaded Road America and did five flying laps in succession starting with 30 liters and soft tyres. I don't know what laptimes you guys did, so I've got no idea if this is good or not, but my first lap was 1.42.8 and my last was a 1.41.9. I should say that I have driven Road America a fair bit, so I only had to adapt to the car. What times did you drive?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 11 2.2%