Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
1999 Spanish GP
JLnw7mG.png

Kederer tops the timesheets

Second pole in a row for the Ferrari driver, clearly ahead of Ancevski, who certainly will be happy about his improvement compared to the previous sessions. 2nd and 3rd row sees a Benetton ahead of a Williams in each, with Saidy beating his teammate Utzer for the first time this season. Hunsley in 7th, ahead of Néron, Wolf and Buurlage. Last round winner Said only in 12th this time, as the Mugen-Honda engine lacks a bit of power for the straight. Diehl in 13th clearly ahead of his teammate, with a bit of luck looking for his first points. Sauber with their usual rather poor qualifying, however they've already shown that their race pace is much better.

Not sure how to feel about it.

Another Pole from Tobi which shows that he will be an upcoming top-driver in this season. Both Benettons, most important Steven (2nd in the championship), are in front of me.
Rami has beaten me the first time this season, too. Still, 6th isnt bad. Hopefully i get in the points.

@kedy89 Is the first post up to date (skills etc?). It says that i have more race skill than Rami, but i think Rami updated his race skills and i quali skills. Just a typo or is it that way in the game-values, too? (Noticed it cause i wanted to write down that Rami is in front of me and has better values... Looking on the values i was confused a bit)

Edit: Looking at the money we have i guess it just wasnt updated, my bad :p

1999 Spanish GP
ykoontX.png

upSyWm2.png

Utzer unstoppable?
The Williams driver looks determined to take his first title, winning the 3rd of 5 races so far, and now leading the championship with 22 points ahead of Poirier.
At the start Kederer lost his pole to Ancevski, and soon after throw away the chance for a good result by spinning in turn 3, dropping him to the back of the field. Both Williams' with good starts, getting up to 3rd and 4th. Utzer soon passed Saidy, and made on to chase Ancevski. Saidy's race was over only moments later, he too run wide in turn 3, and couldn't keep the car out of the wall. The Benettons now in 3rd and 4th, followed by Foro, who had an excellent start, and Wolf. Being the only one of the top 6 on a 2 stop strategy, Ancevski lost the lead when he pitted. Jimmy Laad the second retirement of the day, dropping out from a promising 4th place with a broken suspension. Néron also retired soon after, with one of a total of 4 gearbox failures today.
After the one stoppers had pitted around the halfway point, it was Ancevski back in the lead, only seconds ahead of Utzer. The gap to Lintner in third however was quite comfortable. When Ancevski came in for his final stop, he lost the lead and dropped down to 4th, making that 3rd immediately by passing Buurlage. Lintner was in second now, with Poirier in 5th and Said in 6th. Foro had lost a lot of time during his one and only stop, and was only running in 8th at that point. Wolf and Rautavaara both retired with gearbox failures within a few laps only.
In lap 54 Ancevski passed Lintner for second, but lost it again only one lap later. At the same time Buurlage had to stop his car with a gearbox failure as well, losing a top result. It was now Utzer leading ahead of Lintner, Ancevski, Poirier, Said and Martins. Poirier with a slight mistake in lap 58, dropping him back to 6th. In lap 59 Lintner spun off, throwing away 2nd place. Martins did the same one lap later, losing 3rd, and retiring from the race. Poirier was back in 3rd now, with Said in 4th, ahead of Foro and Diehl. In the last 2 laps Said, who had to fight extrem tyre degradation, lost 4th being passed by Foro, Diehl and Black and ultimately dropping out of the points.

FIA Press Conference
@miki2000milos: Major improvement compared to the last races, has this to do with the track characteristics?
@Steven Poirier: Closest to Utzer in the standings, what's the plan to catch him?
@Diehl: First points this season, relieved?

Market is open!

Wow nice start! And nice second too! I feared we would go down the order due to no race skills, especially with an extra stop but this wasn't to be the case :)
Very pleasing to be back at the top after a disasterous few races.
@miki2000milos: Major improvement compared to the last races, has this to do with the track characteristics?
uhm.. finally a sort of question where I have to think.. :roflmao:

I never enjoyed the Catalunya track to be honest :laugh: Once I get on the front row the motivation is real, and the race pace is also much better as we are not stuck behind traffic in the midfield. I wasn't expecting to be this competitive though, Prost made us a decent strategy, who knows what could've happened if I was 1-stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%