Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
1999 Malaysian GP
l09TBpY.png

6l270qu.png

Saidy reduces the gap to 2 points
Rami Saidy kept his title hopes alive, winning the Malaysian GP and reducing the gap to teammate Utzer, who finished 2nd today, to 2 points.
At the start no changes at the front, except Ancevski getting past Kederer for a short moment. In lap 6 Hunsley and Néron touched battling for 7th, sending them to the end of the field. Saidy tried building a gap to Utzer, which was necessary as he was on a 2 stopper today, while Utzer was fueled for 1 stop. When he pitted in lap 20, he dropped to 3rd behind Engberink, 15 seconds behind the now leading Utzer. Foro and Laad both running in the points at that point, especially Laad with a great pace so far, having started from 18th only.
When Utzer and the other 1 stoppers came in 10 laps later, Saidy was back in the lead, about 20 seconds ahead of his teammate. Engerink still in 3rd, while Kederer dropped to 5th behind Said. Ancevski back in the points in 6th place with Foro right behind him. Laad now in 11th. Next round of stops only a couple of laps later, Utzer leading again with Saidy 5 seconds behind him. Foro and Laad back in 5th and 6th, while Ancevski had retired with a gearbox failure just before he was about to pit. Diehl and Poirier still with a chance on points, running only a few seconds behind Laad. Saidy right behind Utzer, taking the lead with only 3 laps to go. Utzer wasn't able to counterattack, and had to settle for 2nd. Engberink still with a chance for 3rd in the championship thanks to his 3rd place today. Foro in 5th scoring his first points since the Canadian GP, and Laad claiming the final point for 6th.

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername @mystaaRS: Who do you think will win the title, and why?
@Tim Engberink: You didn't sound that optimistic before this race, 3rd place more than you expected?​

• Deleted member 161052

"So Andy, before you retired your rival just retired with a gearbox problem and then you were the last to retire with an engine problem. Do you have expectations now for the final race in your favourite circuit?"
I'm really expecting a points finish at the final round, it's important to our team and to me because it's my favourite circuit at all. If we don't get a good result next time I don't think we can get in the points in the last race.

"You will remain at Arrows for next season. What are your hopes for the next season?"
Some podiums and strong points finishes.
-----
Saving for the rest of the season.

• Deleted member 161052

Saving money for the rest of the season.

1999 Malaysian GP

FIA Press Conference
@Benutzername @mystaaRS: Who do you think will win the title, and why?
Rami will win it. He has a momentum at the moment and will be better prepared for the weekend due to that. Therefore he will beat me in the race, which probably would mean that he catched up more than 2 points cause we will fight for the win for sure. Dang.... What a shame. I have really small hopes for the title. This chance may never come again - And then against Rami... In the same team, the last race,... Ugh. Fingers crossed though

All the people around me have got at least 1 win, then I'm there sadly with loads of podiums but no victories.

+1 Race BHP
+10 Quali Skill

Saving $500

that's exactly how i felt at 1992. Lots of people around me stood on the podium, only I had a crap load of 4th places but no podiums.

I said now, not last year :D
I know, and I said if they won the race, they would win last year's championship, just joking :p

Rami and Ben will crash in the season finale, and it will rain. Lesley will win with Tim in second cuz Dutch people are OP in the rain.
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 269 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.6%
  • Watch party