Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Malaysian GP
hM1Z3Ju.png

iLd9YnS.png

Jordan secures constructors' title
The Irish team has won its first constructors' championship, they were equal on points with Williams but won on countback thanks to having won one race more.
On the start Buurlage kept the lead, and tried to pull away from the rest of the field quickly. Utzer was in second soon, having passed both Ancevski and Martins. Hunsley was right behind him, the Brit had some decent opening laps, passing Kederer, Rinneaho, Martins and Ancevski. When Utzer spun in turn 4 he got up to second, while the German could continue in 3rd. Kederer dropped down the order after a mistake, allowing Rinneaho to get back into the top 6. His teammate Ancevski had to end his race early with an engine failure. Hunsley took the lead from Buurlage in lap 9, and started to pull away. Drivers were changing positions throughout all the field frequently, making it close to impossible to keep track of the running order.
First round of stops happened close to lap 20, and allowed Buurlage to regain the lead, as he was one stopping, while Hunsley was scheduled for two stops. Graham was the second retirement of the day, he too had an engine failure. Drama for Buurlage in lap 25 when smoke started to come out of his Williams. His engine had gone up in flames. Same happened to Ishikawa, in the very same lap.
After the one stoppers had pitted, the top 6 were: Hunsley, Utzer, Kederer, Lintner, Rinneaho, Martins. Rinneaho had to give up his hopes on his first career points in lap 33, a water leak ended his race. The final stops brought a few changes, the top 3 were the same, but one stoppers Laad and Saidy had gone past Martins and Lintner. With 8 laps to go Kederer achieved his 6th consecutive retirement, this time an oil leak stopped him. Lintner had gone past Martins in the meantime and was now chasing Saidy. Engberink got past Martins as well, but a mistake with less than 2 laps to go put him back to 7th.

FIA Press Conference
@Jack Hunsley: Who can stop you next year?
@Benutzername: Happy to end the season on a semi-high at least?
@Jimlaad43: Looking at the recent forms of both Jaguar and Ferrari, why do you change teams?​

@Jimlaad43: Looking at the recent forms of both Jaguar and Ferrari, why do you change teams?
I wouldn't say I'm a Ferrari fan, but once the offer comes through, you can't say no.
2 podiums right at the end of the season doesn't make up for the fact that I've been disappointed with the car for the last 2 seasons, so moving on was the plan.

I shoulda just stayed at Williams in 1999...

Just what on earth was I thinking when I traded my Williams seat for that pile of crap that the Ferrari is.

----

Championship rewards not yet included in the lineup pic as they're subject to change.

Season summery (team based, sort of) to come in the next few days.

• Deleted member 161052

If the constructor standings were counted by average of finishing positions, Williams would win the WCC. Just saying.

I see you read the race post. NOT.
I didn't look at anything other than results.
But at least you looked at the standings on p1. NOT.
I assumed this
Championship rewards not yet included in the lineup pic as they're subject to change.

Season summery (team based, sort of) to come in the next few days.
meant it wasn't updated yet. But I looked at it after I posted regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%