Grand Prix 4 Touring Car Championship - Season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Let's address 1 thing about Quali sponsor F. It is the 2nd hardest sponsor to achieve. Why are we achieving it? Because we took the risk and had a lot of money. Why did we have a lot of money? Previous seasons. What did we do in the previous seasons? Well. Apart from smart buys, we just had luck in S1 1st race. This is a momentum based game. We took a huge risk picking the F sponsors. Why? Because any bad variation we got in te 1st race, we would be out. Thankfully, with our extra money that didn't happen. But if you look back at S1. We all had the same amount of money at the start. Equal chances. OMR just got lucky.

Anyways, on to the buys we go

what I meant to have with the new sponsors is so that double top 6 is less worth it than one car on the front row (800>600).
I also had no idea that OMR, a team that's won so many titles in the past, would risk of losing the title this way. It was all about giving those midfield and backmarker teams a chance to dominate, and beat OMR.

we'll look at reducing the cash reward next season, but anyway, yes we have a 1600$ deficit to OMR now but I am confident we can still do something with some luck :p

Ok. Let's address 1 thing about Quali sponsor F. It is the 2nd hardest sponsor to achieve. Why are we achieving it? Because we took the risk and had a lot of money. Why did we have a lot of money? Previous seasons. What did we do in the previous seasons? Well. Apart from smart buys, we just had luck in S1 1st race. This is a momentum based game. We took a huge risk picking the F sponsors. Why? Because any bad variation we got in te 1st race, we would be out. Thankfully, with our extra money that didn't happen. But if you look back at S1. We all had the same amount of money at the start. Equal chances. OMR just got lucky.

Anyways, on to the buys we go
For sure it is momentum based, what I don't understand is when the moderator will come along and say that we're looking to not have this momentum continue endlessly, yet create a sponsor choice that the richest team should be able to achieve more than anyone else.
Risk vs Reward, and don't get me wrong I'd do the same in your shoes, but heck when you have that amount of cash it is hardly a risk at all.

I also had no idea that OMR, a team that's won so many titles in the past, would risk of losing the title this way. It was all about giving those midfield and backmarker teams a chance to dominate, and beat OMR.
seems like I was wrong here.. :unsure: well, it was a nice try..

we'll cut those budgets for S5 though

2KF1 Round Recap - Found here
RD GPTCC Rd 1 2KF1 Recap
So the season started with a bang in Mexico. In qualifying, McNamara and Keranen took 5th and 7th for 2KF1 Racing, both sadly missing key objectives, while Herbert and Cocks locked out row 8, a mere 2 thousands of a second between the Team 2KF1 Vectras.

Race 1 began with McNamara bombing down the inside at turn one, almost taking first but securing second easily. While he couldn't take it at turn 1, at the final turn he got it done. And it a relatively uneventful race after that, James McNamara stole the show, winning Race 1. Keranen went backwards before fighting back to 5th, Cocks was strong as he made up 6 positions to 10th, while Herbert struggled, falling back to 19th.

Race 2 saw McNamara on pole, only we didn't see it. TV coverage problems meant that we couldn't see anything. McNamara was able to pull away to an easy victory, while Keranen fought hard for a podium, falling short of not just third, but almost stealing second place. Cocks made up positions as well, sneaking his way to 7th, while Herbert didn't get the best out of the car, up 3 positions but just missing out on points in 16th.

Race 3 saw the TV coverage fixed, with Herbert starting up front in 4th. Cocks started 13th, Keranen 16th and McNamara 19th. Herbert was able to hold his position, hounding defending champ Ben Utzer late in the race for his maiden podium, a challenge that was ultimately fruitless. Keranen started quick, but fell back, finishing the race side by side with Cocks, the two having a hectic but clean battle late in the race in 12th and 13th. McNamara was unable to show off his previous pace, coming home in 20th.

These results mean that 2KF1, as a whole, are technically the first team to have 3 cars in the points at an event, even if counting for 2 different teams. McNamara leads the championship after the first round, with Keranen in 4th and 2KF1 Racing leading the teams championship. Cocks is in 10th, while Herbert is in 14th meaning Team 2KF1 is 7th.

Results:
-Qualifying
P1. J. Rautavaara (OMR-BMW)
P2. M. Ancevski (ART-BMW)
P5. J. McNamara (2KF1-Holden)
P7. A. Keranen (2KF1-Holden)
P15. B. Herbert (2KF1-Holden)
P16. J. Cocks (2KF1-Holden)

-Race 1
P1. J. McNamara (2KF1-Holden)
P2. J. Rautavaara (OMR-BMW)
P3. R. Martins (Sega-BMW)
P5. A. Keranen (2KF1-Holden)
P10. J. Cocks (2KF1-Holden)
P19. B. Herbert (2KF1-Holden)

-Race 2
P1. J. McNamara (2KF1-Holden)
P2. D. Harvey (ART-BMW)
P3. R. Martins (Sega-BMW)
P4. A. Keranen (2KF1-Holden)
P7. J. Cocks (2KF1-Holden)
P16. B. Herbert (2KF1-Holden)

-Race 3
P1. T. Rinneaho (Diablo-Mercedes)
P2. P. Diehl (Haiburiddo-Audi)
P3. B. Utzer (OMR-BMW)
P4. B. Herbert (2KF1-Holden)
P12. A. Keranen (2KF1-Holden)
P13. J. Cocks (2KF1-Holden)
P20. J. McNamara (2KF1-Holden)

Standings:
P1. J. McNamara - 40 points (2KF1-Holden)
P2. D. Harvey - 31 points (ART-BMW)
P3. R. Martins - 30 points (Sega-BMW)
P4. A. Keranen - 29 points (2KF1-Holden)
P10. J. Cocks - 18 points (2KF1-Holden)
P14. B. Herbert - 14 points (2KF1-Holden)

P1. 2KF1 Racing-Holden (JM/AK) - 70 points
P2. Apex Racing Team-BMW - 50 points
P3. Sega Racing-BMW - 47 points
P7. Team 2KF1-Holden (BH/JC) - 32 points

P1. Holden - 51 points
P2. Audi - 29 points
P3. BMW - 28 points
P4. Mercedes - 26 points

<vids are here in FB post>

R1 McNamara win.png
we welcome anyone and everyone to our social media and website where applicable. reason being: we don't give out important info there :D :p

okay guys, can everyone just do buys till wednesday 10AM my time? I want to use the holiday period to try 2 races this week.

@Benutzername
@Jarvis
@Aidan Keranen
@Millsy24
@miki2000milos
@Márk Lintner
@Rob Sharp (already on level 1 of the activity check, still need sponsors too)
@Dovi design
@Diehl
@Jamie Cocks

sorry that it's sort of quick and unexpected, I thought I will be going away today but it's in 3 days. So I'll use the free time.
Due to the sort of unexpected announcement no activity penalties will be given this round.

Apex Racing to go CROWDFUNDING mode??

The Monaco-based team currently sits 2nd in the World Constructors Championship, and have a chance of stopping OMR's title-winning streak. They said that they are on a massive cash deficit when compared to OMR after the Mexico round, despite having more points, so in hopes to get their first ever title, and stop the streak, the team opted to do crowdfunding in hopes to close the cash deficit down, and make an interesting season for the fans.
They also got rid of the awful chromed stripes at the front of the car in the process!

The team has posted a picture of their new car on their official website. Once the tyres go on, the car is ready to take the track at Donington Park!
bandicam 2015-04-06 22-26-21-263.jpg

Will the crowdfunding be a success for Apex? It's got a pretty big responce so far!

(No, this doesn't mean we'll get extra money, and yes, these are all the ones that sponsored Caterham in Abu Dhabi last season.
Always wanted to do a car with loads of sponsors :laugh: we'll go back to "normal" for Fuji though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%