Grand Prix Legacy Manager II

Farina 1y :)
I thought Farina would start to depreciate, but man he's definetly proven himself in the last 2 seasons! Definetly deserves another year with me.
Hopefully we can get back on the points board!

Once again Gonzalez clearly outperforming the car, getting results that shouldn't be possible on paper. Even so, the gap towards the top got closer, and we'll hope to continue improving the next seasons. We also expect to see more from Marimón coming year, frequent points finishes have to be the aim.

GzAp7Bx.png
rfe9imQ.png

1954 World Grand Prix Season (1-4)
3qKnyk1.png
GV47LK5.png
hnfWptK.png
2cnT5Di.png
YUJe37h.png

Setup Window is now open for 48h :thumbsup: !

3LqQDry.png

1954 World Grand Prix Season (5-8)
cJzoQL6.png
4n1SOoP.png
lcvh6GB.png
Sc8tpM7.png
8KDsaa0.png

I still don't know how Alberto managed to get two Fourth places with a super-slow car with suspension made of marshmallows and only a few baby hamsters in the engine bay. We've finally started feeding those rodents, so the yellow machine will soon be charging up the grid!

dYzTZ74.png

1954 World Grand Prix Season (9-12)
NmPNYPp.png
b3PUSI9.png
7EELFxN.png
VMP5KxL.png
xdG1Txz.png

The 1954 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

5ZiS7Cs.png
E9K2WFl.png

Both Setup Window and Drivers Market are open for 48h !

The big step forward we were hoping for. Gonzalez delivering as usual, and Marimón with the necessary improvement we were expecting from him. Now we have to get everything ready to launch a challenge on the title next year.

For a car that is absolutely trash, I'm very pleased with the results we got this year. Alberto is a driving God in a dump of a car, and I can't wait to see what he does when the hamsters grow up.

IztGKl0.png
h48ze3h.png

1955 World Grand Prix Season (1-4)
0TLs7iT.png
ff0RvWT.png
pF3rI8G.png
EQFasIO.png
6zngu0F.png

Double DNF when the car is at 99.9% is a kick in the teeth, wow.

Oh no, anyway

Ascari still on Sicko Mode in the Teenage-Hamstermobile. Soon he'll score a podium for absolutely no reason whatsoever :D
Well indeed Ascari is overperforming so much since 2 seasons I was wondering if there wasn't a mistake somewhere in my sheets. I looked at my data, re-simulated a couple of races to check the outcome and he almost never got any points.. the fact is, he had SO MUCH luck at each of the simulations I did and posted.

By the way, you should all understand how does this thing work :
To prevent an OP guy to win every single race because he's just too good, all my sheet works with "rankings". The best driver each season gets a 20/20 rating, the second one, a 19/20 etc... The best car is also getting a 20/20, the second best an 18/20 etc.. The overall grade of each driver in his car is the sum of those two ratings. (Notice that it's weighted more precisely and here is just a "simplified" way to get it).

So basically what happened to Ascari is that he got a 19/20 rating alone which means that a "mid-range car" (which would get 10/20) needs at least a Top 10 driver to beat Ascari on his garbagemobile ^^

Anyway it made me realize that there shouldn't really be any difference between the 14th best driver and the 18th one (in terms of pace) while there should be a bigger gap between the 1st and the 5th one. Same with the cars. Each rank is calculated in a linear way, but it should be logarithmic, at least a little.

Anyway it made me realize that there shouldn't really be any difference between the 14th best driver and the 18th one (in terms of pace) while there should be a bigger gap between the 1st and the 5th one. Same with the cars. Each rank is calculated in a linear way, but it should be logarithmic, at least a little.

Not a bad idea, honestly, but perhaps a bell curve is more appropriate. We have had many F1 seasons with top drivers competing for the WDC right up to the last race. Maybe the biggest gaps should be the mid-field.

From 2021, you can probably pick the top 4 drivers and not see a lot of different between them in their skill set and performance levels. Same with the bottom 4. But the mid field seems to have a higher degree of variability in skills.

For me the performances have been very fair so far. I'm waiting for the next season when my car peaks and then maybe I'll change my mind.
I mean yes it's insane that Ascari is still the 2nd best driver (probably only behind Fangio) after carrying DTK through all of this, but other teams also have broken picks so it will probably balance out eventually.
The only complaint i have is that the B car seems quite underpowered (due to the 90,9% cap), which i have told you in private already :p

Not a bad idea, honestly, but perhaps a bell curve is more appropriate. We have had many F1 seasons with top drivers competing for the WDC right up to the last race. Maybe the biggest gaps should be the mid-field.

From 2021, you can probably pick the top 4 drivers and not see a lot of different between them in their skill set and performance levels. Same with the bottom 4. But the mid field seems to have a higher degree of variability in skills.
Agree !
Same for the car. Some very good, some very bad, difficult to know which is better in the midfield. I'll try that.
It won't DRAMATICALLY change the outcome, I will put a little bit of a curve instead of my current straight line but it shouldn't be really different.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%