AC GT Multiclass @ Vallelunga - Sunday 7th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race. First few turns were a bit bumpy! I couldn't hold Ernie behind me for long and then when Brian spun I got into second and was hoping for a podium. Unfortunately I spun off later on trying to give space to Patrick in the GT3 on the inside of the long right hander after the start. Lost a lot of time, caught Brian again eventually but I wasn't getting past. I struggled without ABS more on this track. Wheel was vibrating a lot towards the end so I think I killed the tyres with locking up too much.

@Interslice thanks for organising the race. Congratulations to Chris and Ernie on the wins.

Nice racing tonight. Thanks to all involved! The start was a bit mad! I ended up going from P4 to P1 by the first corner, in front of a few GT3 cars also! Not sure what happened, some sort of traffic jam... Ernie and tim soon reeled me in and got past. I was really struggling with the tight hairpins. Ernie's cayman was about a second faster through sector 2 so there was no contest really. I eventually spun on the really tight one trying to give it too much early throttle rotation and ended up getting stuck in the little roundabout thing. Lucky for me tim had a spin into the fields near the end and we had another good battle for the last 15 minutes. The way the gt3 lapping traffic fell seemed to work in my favour and a pb on the last lap held him off to secure the p3. The flat spotted tyres were a real challenge at the end. Thankfully we were both in the same boat!!

Contrats to all the winner and podiums! See you next week :thumbsup:

Crazy race for me. I had an excellent start because Ernie was stuck behind Colin but then Sander in front of me hit the brake unexpected for me. I gave him a bump and lost a lot of speed and positions. In the Cimini's it was very crowded and on the exit I spun. After that I was last with a 6s gap to Logan. When I tried to overtake him, I hit him and so I waited. I heard that he had trouble to find the right gear so that cost me again a lot of seconds. So again a race with catching up and overtaking. Finished 2nd because Tim and Brian also had a spin. Ernie was simply too fast. The gap was 25s in the end so no chance.

Congrats to Chris and Ernie and Casper for his first podium. Thanks Brian for organizing.
Next week I'm on a short break in Scotland so I won't be racing on Sunday.
Have a good one all!

After the fright about tyres lasting, then Chris saying they would be fine, went for the “they will be fine” solution, and they were fine, so it was a 1 litre splash and dash.
The only over heating I had was in the fast right hander after the start finish line, ( which was only very marginal ) but by backing off slightly they were then fine, just lost no more than a few 100th in doing that.
The tyres were fine for at least 30 + laps, only in the last 3 or 4 laps did they start to lose time, about 4/10ths a lap.
That pretty much sums it up, the Maserati was certainly quicker, once the power was laid down they slowly pulled away. But they then became vulnerable in the braking zones, the Porsche could then get the advantage.
Well done everyone and podiums, really enjoyed my battle with Tim and Brian, I was lucky that, unknown to me, Han had problems early on, overtaking Han would have been very difficult.
So a nice bit of luck there. :)

Bit frustrating for me. My first gear was a bit long so a sluggish get away meant I was overtaken at the start by a GT4 car which then seemed to jink to the left to avoid another slow GT3 and bounce off me. I then got hit by a few cars and spun round into last. That's racing I guess :(

After that I never really got up to the back of the GT3 cars so a lonely race.

I did try to run the whole race on a set of mediums but they went off so the end of the race was a bit of a challenge.

I'm curious why Chris raced with a full tank and only changed tyres? Surely you can get a refuel during a tyre change and not lose time in the pit stop. Maybe Chris is trying to make it difficult for himself. Clearly didn't make any difference :)

Congratulations to the podiums and thanks to Brian for organising

Bit frustrating for me. My first gear was a bit long so a sluggish get away meant I was overtaken at the start by a GT4 car which then seemed to jink to the left to avoid another slow GT3 and bounce off me. I then got hit by a few cars and spun round into last. That's racing I guess :(

After that I never really got up to the back of the GT3 cars so a lonely race.

I did try to run the whole race on a set of mediums but they went off so the end of the race was a bit of a challenge.

I'm curious why Chris raced with a full tank and only changed tyres? Surely you can get a refuel during a tyre change and not lose time in the pit stop. Maybe Chris is trying to make it difficult for himself. Clearly didn't make any difference :)

Congratulations to the podiums and thanks to Brian for organising
Yes, Colin. That GT4 was me. I wasn't aware that I hit you and made you go off. I'm sorry for that and that it ruined your race :notworthy: . It's so chaotic during the first seconds of the race that I was totally focused on surviving after I bumped into that braking GT3.

Yes, Colin. That GT4 was me. I wasn't aware that I hit you and made you go off. I'm sorry for that and that it ruined your race :notworthy: . It's so chaotic during the first seconds of the race that I was totally focused on surviving after I bumped into that braking GT3.
No problem Han. I didn't really know at the time what happened so I wasn't blaming anyone. If I'd make a better start then I probably wouldn't have been in that situation.

I must remember to do a test start and check 1st gear.

Bit frustrating for me. My first gear was a bit long so a sluggish get away meant I was overtaken at the start by a GT4 car which then seemed to jink to the left to avoid another slow GT3 and bounce off me. I then got hit by a few cars and spun round into last. That's racing I guess
Forget mediums on the Nissan, only, and it rarely does overheat tyres, when you are on a very twisty short circuit.
Always go for Softs. Most of the performance is in its soft tyre strategy over most of the GT3 brigade, with the added advantage that once the traction is there , not often in the Nissan, you can out drag most GT3 cars..
I have spent countless hours trying to get it to turn and trying to get it to grip at the back, but I suppose if I had achieved that everyone would be in the Nissan, maybe one day I will find a solution.:O_o: ( for some reason the mediums-on the Nissan are pretty useless )

first gear, fitting in with the other ratio is another big Nissan problem, you are much better of running 2nd to 6th and keeping first as low as possible just for starts. ( below 60mph ) If that can not be achieved,
At the start :-
Flick it into first as you normally would, then almost instantly go back into neutral then back into first, it will whizz away at the start with the benefit of a long first gear, or use a clutch.:unsure:
Although my record for whizzing away at the starts is not good.
5A8300EE-2E77-4E06-9340-380BC86655BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Forget mediums on the Nissan, only, and it rarely does overheat tyres, when you are on a very twisty short circuit.
Always go for Softs. Most of the performance is in its soft tyre strategy over most of the GT3 brigade, with the added advantage that once the traction is there , not often in the Nissan, you can out drag most GT3 cars..
I have spent countless hours trying to get it to turn and trying to get it to grip at the back, but I suppose if I had achieved that everyone would be in the Nissan, maybe one day I will find a solution.:O_o: ( for some reason the mediums-on the Nissan are pretty useless )

first gear, fitting in with the other ratio is another big Nissan problem, you are much better of running 2nd to 6th and keeping first as low as possible just for starts. ( below 60mph ) If that can not be achieved,
At the start :-
Flick it into first as you normally would, then almost instantly go back into neutral then back into first, it will whizz away at the start with the benefit of a long first gear, or use a clutch.:unsure:
Although my record for whizzing away at the starts is not good.
View attachment 516062
Useful info. Ta.

I was getting the front left overheating with the softs so I thought I'd try something different and try running the mediums for the whole race. All that did was make me slow for the whole race :(

I actually did it the other way around, 94l fuel with no tyre change. All I did in the pits was add 1l more, I ran the same set of mediums the whole way. :) This strategy only really works on tracks where track position is key.

Last edited:
Surely you can get a refuel during a tyre change and not lose time in the pit stop.

Unfortunately not, in real GT3 you have minimum pitstop lengths and Fueling/Tyres are separate for safety reasons. In our case we don't have minimum length but you do have the process in two steps, repairs are also an individual thing.

A single litre of fuel is akin to a stop and go in your own box, hence a lot of people strategise around that!

@Chris Down The SimResults link appears to be empty, do you need to reupload it or is it just corrupted? I find those stats interesting to see!

Unfortunately not, in real GT3 you have minimum pitstop lengths and Fueling/Tyres are separate for safety reasons. In our case we don't have minimum length but you do have the process in two steps, repairs are also an individual thing.
Fuelling and tyre change happen at the same time in AC. :)

@Chris Down The SimResults link appears to be empty, do you need to reupload it or is it just corrupted? I find those stats interesting to see!
Works for me, maybe something on your browser's end?

1636384562636.png

Last edited:
I actually did it the other way around, 94l fuel with no tyre change. All I did in the pits was add 1l more, I ran the same set of mediums the whole way. :) This strategy only really works on tracks where track position is key.
My mistake, I misread your race report!

A single litre of fuel is akin to a stop and go in your own box, hence a lot of people strategise around that!

When I watch the animation it appears to be doing both at the same time rather than in sequence

I've never checked the animations but they look quite simple, I suspect it's just a generic one and not a representation of what the sim is doing.
As Chris said above fuelling and tyre change happen at the same time in AC. You can see this on the animation but can confirm it with a stopwatch (adding 50 litres when you change tyres has no impact on the pitstop time).

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%