ACC GT World Challenge Intercontinental GT @ Bathurst - Wednesday 20th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
@Ricoow
Indeed! I assume most leave due to S&G, DT and damage. With so many drivers getting these problems, you would still have half the field to fight against if you decided to stay. Sure, your chance of winning is little to none, but with nothing on the line it's really nothing to lose either.

I had a goal to beat you today, as you are always annoyingly slightly faster than me everywhere. This wasn't quite the kind of win i wanted, but i'll get you some day :D
It was a tough time keeping you behind the first stint, not sure where you ended up after the pitstops. I repaired some bodyworks so took an additional 10s in the pit. But then a certain mister @Jopamir had to distract me in the last 10 minutes :whistling: and cause me to crash and burn, had to repair for 2 minutes straight, not even tyres included there.

This is not an easy one, focus is paramount at Mount Panorama...

Concentration losses can have catastrophic consequences even when just for a split second (nice tactic @Jopamir :roflmao:) but luckily my brushes with the walls were very minor so I decided not to repair the 20+ seconds of damage. Turned out to be a great battle on the second half with @Bruno Melo, it was amazing even though I lost out in the end, thanks man :)

I know how frustrating it can be when we have a bad run and lose any chance of a good position, but as it was said, great battles can still be had, and there is always something you can learn by driving closely to other drivers! If nothing else, you get to boost/maintain your one-hour driving stamina, so that when "that" race one day comes, you are better prepared and can say at the end: THAT was a race!

Thank you all for having come tonight and at least tried, next time let's all finish the race :thumbsup:

P.S.: @Kolma get a proper chair/seat, simracing will be even more enjoyable when the body is not aching!

not sure where you ended up after the pitstops.
I had some light damage, but didn't manage for the life of me to remove the tick next to repair in the MFD. Wasted time stopping in front of my crew to figure it out (wasted 10 secs on that) with the additional waste of time doing the actual repair.

I had some light damage, but didn't manage for the life of me to remove the tick next to repair in the MFD. Wasted time stopping in front of my crew to figure it out (wasted 10 secs on that) with the additional waste of time doing the actual repair.
Ahh right, next time you can switch that using the left/right buttons you have assigned to change fuel etc.

Quite a cool race - myself and John Munro were a bit unprepared and felt a little out of our depth especially when the rain came in qualie! Had a pretty rubbish qualifying as i got held up on my fastest lap, but settled into the leading train of cars. Rob had just overtaken John and was closing on me fast, so i decided to let him go as i was starting to lose touch with the first 3 cars and thought i could latch onto the back of him and move forward. When the pit window opened i immediately dived in for my stop - it was ok but could have been a couple of seconds better. Once everything shook out i found i had jumped from 5th to 1st which was a bit weird as i wasn't lapping as quickly as the other guys really, but i just stayed in front after that and extended the gap as best i could.

Really good fun tonight, congrats to John on popping his RD cherry, and bad luck to Rob who went off and lost a lot of time.

I got a bit of flak for flashing my lights during qualie, however this was not meant to be'aggressive' it was merely to let people know i was approaching. I now know this is deeply frowned upon at RD so i won't do it again. Bear in mind too, that pressing the flashing lights button in ACC means the lights automatically flash a few times in a row. I'm just used to using this in other leagues i race in where it is allowed.

One other thing to note is that the lapped traffic were first class in this race, so thank you for that.

Cheers all.

Quite a cool race - myself and John Munro were a bit unprepared and felt a little out of our depth especially when the rain came in qualie! Had a pretty rubbish qualifying as i got held up on my fastest lap, but settled into the leading train of cars. Rob had just overtaken John and was closing on me fast, so i decided to let him go as i was starting to lose touch with the first 3 cars and thought i could latch onto the back of him and move forward. When the pit window opened i immediately dived in for my stop - it was ok but could have been a couple of seconds better. Once everything shook out i found i had jumped from 5th to 1st which was a bit weird as i wasn't lapping as quickly as the other guys really, but i just stayed in front after that and extended the gap as best i could.

Really good fun tonight, congrats to John on popping his RD cherry, and bad luck to Rob who went off and lost a lot of time.

I got a bit of flak for flashing my lights during qualie, however this was not meant to be'aggressive' it was merely to let people know i was approaching. I now know this is deeply frowned upon at RD so i won't do it again. Bear in mind too, that pressing the flashing lights button in ACC means the lights automatically flash a few times in a row. I'm just used to using this in other leagues i race in where it is allowed.

One other thing to note is that the lapped traffic were first class in this race, so thank you for that.

Cheers all.
I was leading the race going into the pitstop but my auto pit limiter didnt work.... no idea why so I got a stop and go which I took but it wouldnt clear.

Thanx for the race guys. Was my first one for RD and i liked it. Qualied 14th and finished 6th. Seems Bathurst and me finaly come to peace with eachother:)
I was pleasantly surprised about the clean racing in here.....well done all.

If someone found a rightside amg mirror it's probably mine, hit the wall once....

Guys why doesnt auto pit limiter work?
I was told that auto pit limiter doesn't turn off if you cross the pit exit line in a wrong spot. For example when your pit box is the closest to the exit, you would usually exit a little further away from the wall than cars driving through and a bit more diagonally. I assume the same problem exists on the entrance as Bathurst entrance is strange and you'd just cut a little for faster entry.
Hope that makes sense. Not sure how to explain it.

Didn't even know there was an auto limiter. Otherwise you know the limit is 50 anyways (there are signs in pitentry), your throttle has more options that pressing it fully.

I was told that auto pit limiter doesn't turn off if you cross the pit exit line in a wrong spot. For example when your pit box is the closest to the exit, you would usually exit a little further away from the wall than cars driving through and a bit more diagonally. I assume the same problem exists on the entrance as Bathurst entrance is strange and you'd just cut a little for faster entry.
Hope that makes sense. Not sure how to explain it.

in ACC it works simple. When auto pitlimiter it works the moment you cross the line entering and exiting the pits but you have to be in first gear!!
When manual still you have to be in first gear before and after the line. Too late and you get a penalty.

But to get autolimiter it has to be ticked in the server.

This is not an easy one, focus is paramount at Mount Panorama...

Concentration losses can have catastrophic consequences even when just for a split second (nice tactic @Jopamir :roflmao:) but luckily my brushes with the walls were very minor so I decided not to repair the 20+ seconds of damage. Turned out to be a great battle on the second half with @Bruno Melo, it was amazing even though I lost out in the end, thanks man :)

I know how frustrating it can be when we have a bad run and lose any chance of a good position, but as it was said, great battles can still be had, and there is always something you can learn by driving closely to other drivers! If nothing else, you get to boost/maintain your one-hour driving stamina, so that when "that" race one day comes, you are better prepared and can say at the end: THAT was a race!

Thank you all for having come tonight and at least tried, next time let's all finish the race :thumbsup:

P.S.: @Kolma get a proper chair/seat, simracing will be even more enjoyable when the body is not aching!
Yeah i will but i have to do some planning before since im really limited with space.

in ACC it works simple. When auto pitlimiter it works the moment you cross the line entering and exiting the pits but you have to be in first gear!!
When manual still you have to be in first gear before and after the line. Too late and you get a penalty.

But to get autolimiter it has to be ticked in the server.
That makes sense.
I rather meant that i fusing auto pit limiter you need to cross the lines in a certain way or otherwise the game doesn't recognize you crossed it.
But that's just what I was told. I never used auto limiter.

Thanx for the race guys. Was my first one for RD and i liked it. Qualied 14th and finished 6th. Seems Bathurst and me finaly come to peace with eachother:)
I was pleasantly surprised about the clean racing in here.....well done all.

If someone found a rightside amg mirror it's probably mine, hit the wall once....

So it was you who I was battling with together with @Sincx during the first stint - great stuff man, we were driving closely and cleanly for many laps, that's really what it's all about, so I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

So it was you who I was battling with together with @Sincx during the first stint - great stuff man, we were driving closely and cleanly for many laps, that's really what it's all about, so I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)
you are the one in the gtr right?

Yeah, was fun. Very clean but i lost you during the pitstop. I accidently pushed the button for ignition in the pits, took me a few seconds before i had that one figured out lol.

Great job man!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.1%