AMS2 GT1 Endurance race | Road America | 26-1

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Guido Trampe

AMS2 Moderator
Premium
ss115837testrd.jpg

GT1, thrilling track, FCY, Mixed Weather, Day / Night racing, Pit Stop Strategy.
If this is your kind of race, subscribe to this event asap!

We will do a 1.5 hour (90 min) endurance race including all expected options:
- Mixed weather
- Accelerated time => day / night transition
- Accelrated tyrewear => pitstops needed
- FCY (Will be tested in the upcomming sprintraces) for additional immersion.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X3 tyre wear (under developement), x5 Time acceleration
Setups: Free => practise and create a strategy. Be prepared for all situations
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Road America
Cars: :
1673261122188.png

1673261153316.png

1673261174171.png

1673261222705.png

Time Table
1673261294865.png

Drivers Group C

1. @Guido Trampe
  2. @Jan Larsen
  3. @Lizard77
  4. @Jimlaad43
  5. @groy1980
  6. @Reefabus
  7. @Lracer
  8. @Munkyboo
  9. @jimortality
  10. @Bas Kriesels
  11. @GeekyDeaks
  12. @Bhutch88
  13. @Bjorn de Haas
  14. @Eric S
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot
  29. Free spot
  30. Free Spot
  31. Free Spot

Last edited:
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
Quallify

• If you are on hot lap. Your headlights are ON. When on an out or in lap, your headlights are OFF.
• If you are on an out lap and a faster car is approaching: get off the racing line. The sooner he passes you, the better you can focus again on your preparation for the hot lap. Be predictable!
• You are not allowed to pass cars that are on a hot lap (Lights are on, pushing on the racing line) .
• If you are on your out lap or made a driving error in your hot lap, let the others pass safely and without disrupting their lane if possible.

Race
Race strategy is free, there are no mandatory pitstops. Since this is a multiclass race, we expect you to follow blue flags and let the faster cars pass whenever possible. It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a car from a different class, whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the same rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible.

All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.

You do not need to nominate which car you will drive, but should specify in which class you would like to drive when signing up.

Remember to:
• Go to toilet before the race, it is a long ride
• Drink during the race
• Setup buttons for Lights, TC, ABS, Brake Balance and windscreen wipers
• Setup your wheel, button box or keyboard to make strategy changes as easy as possible. Make sure you can keep your eyes on the road while doing that
• Do some test with pitstops and make sure you selected the right strategy before entering race. It’s very frustrated to nail the strategy but ruin it with a drive through penalty

• Drive safe. The race is long and can’t be won in lap 1. So, relax, be consistent and predictable for the other

Last edited:
Voice chat.
We want you to be on voice chat and at least participate in the drivers breifing pre race.
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Skin packs - Liveries.
Porsche 911 GT1
Mercedes CLK GT1
McLaren F1 GTR
For max immersion we want you to all use the same skin packs. Please follow this request and usethe below download to skinpacks so we can all see the skin you choose to drive with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jan. Welcome. Interested to know what you think off the Nissan.
Would you be willing to develop setup for the 4 cars that are easy drivable for endurance purposes, for those that aren't skilled enough to build themself?

Yes, I really like driving that track. I will work hard to move the car well around the course.
it will either be the porsche or the nissan, let's see.

I tested all 4 yesterday. Liked the Mercedes on this combi. The Nissan I found a very nice car but I could not get to grips with its braking. I expect the Porsche again to be the fastest. Its the least dynamic to drive though IMO

Last edited:
I'll jump in on this one please. With 4 cars to choose from, perhaps I can use this as my chance to start to get my eye in on how to do setups on AMS. There's plenty of days for me to get up to speed with this lot.

Hi Jan. Welcome. Interested to know what you think off the Nissan.
Would you be willing to develop setup for the 4 cars that are easy drivable for endurance purposes, for those that aren't skilled enough to build themself?
Tbh, the default setups in AMS2 are usually pretty good, apart from at few things, but sure, I'll see what needs changing :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 23 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.6%