AMS2 GT1 Endurance race | Road America | 26-1

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I think it's also wise to try to do a series of a couple of weeks with the same car. Like Guido did with the DTM.

Personally Saturday will be often a no go as it will be booked with private appointments. Wednesday is better, but with Tuesday and Wednesday back to back is also not ideal. In the end if we have more numbers in the server it doesn't matter what day it will be.

Settings.
RD Race Settings Enduro.jpg

Personally, I'd prefer that the new host has a focus on modern cars as Tuesday is really an historic focus day. The fact that we have never used F1 2012-22 cars or GT3s says a lot about the focus of the racing here @ AMS2 RD.
I have to confess, I haven't tried either of those classes yet. I feel like GT3 is better served with the likes of ACC, but I'll give the more modern F1 cars a drive this week and see how they roll over an hour. My gut is telling me to stick with the GT1 for a bit as they seem popular and have character, whilst still being pretty accessible and are a bit more forgiving of the odd rubbin' than the open wheelers. That might just be me being a selfish old fart though :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, Just a heads up. In the mids of a large RFP and have to do at least 2 meetings with collegues in another (US) timeframe. Not sure how this will evolve according to the agenda. But there is a chance I will miss this one too :-(. Will keep you posted.

Hi guys, Just a heads up. In the mids of a large RFP and have to do at least 2 meetings with collegues in another (US) timeframe. Not sure how this will evolve according to the agenda. But there is a chance I will miss this one too :-(. Will keep you posted.
Hi guys, very sorry but work related issues will prevent me from entering the race. Looks like I will be racing the Excel sheet and not the track..

Sorry guys my computer decided to update half way through race. So annoying. After having no pace in quali I settled into a nice rhythm and up to fourth only for that to happen lol aw well. Enjoyed it and it was fun while it lasted

Unfortunately, I was involved in an accident involving several cars and then I was disqualified for driving too fast into the pits. not my day. but it was still fun.

It was a great race. It was tricky to drive at sunset, because the reference points looked different in the lights. Because of this, I sometimes braked too late, but luckily I didn't slide off the track.
This is a very good race track. It was fun. :) I really enjoyed.

Hi all, thanks for the race! I really enjoy the endurance events and find these cars fun to drive. I was rushing a bit and forgot to select the McLaren when I joined, so I ended up with the Porsche, but it was all good.

I was stuck a bit in no mans land for the race as both Jan and Edward were too quick for me and it looks like Adrian got clobbered due to network lag between us:

1674817456920.png

I checked the replay and right at that point you did a little wobble off to the left and then another as you drifted near the edge of the track :(. Shame, I think it would have been pretty close between you me and Baz for a bit.

Whilst I'm finding my feet taking the reins from Guido, I figured I'd keep with the GT1 endurance for a few weeks (mostly so I don't have to bugger around with server settings!). Some people made noises about 90mins being a tad too long, so I was thinking about reducing it to 60mins if that sits well with the majority.

Catch you all next week!

Hi all, thanks for the race! I really enjoy the endurance events and find these cars fun to drive. I was rushing a bit and forgot to select the McLaren when I joined, so I ended up with the Porsche, but it was all good.

I was stuck a bit in no mans land for the race as both Jan and Edward were too quick for me and it looks like Adrian got clobbered due to network lag between us:

View attachment 634616
I checked the replay and right at that point you did a little wobble off to the left and then another as you drifted near the edge of the track :(. Shame, I think it would have been pretty close between you me and Baz for a bit.

Whilst I'm finding my feet taking the reins from Guido, I figured I'd keep with the GT1 endurance for a few weeks (mostly so I don't have to bugger around with server settings!). Some people made noises about 90mins being a tad too long, so I was thinking about reducing it to 60mins if that sits well with the majority.

Catch you all next week!
Sounds great Scott! I will be joining 60 or 90min.

(You told yesterday you use openxr, is that with opencomposite. You really notice a difference compared to steamvr?)

You told yesterday you use openxr, is that with opencomposite. You really notice a difference compared to steamvr?
Well, with my meagre 3080Ti, I can push a fair few more pixels and up the MSAA to high by taking advantage of the Fixed Foveated rendering. It's basically halving the resolution in the blurry areas of the G1 and almost (but not quite) culling it outside the visible area.

Be warned it's a bit quirky, but what isn't in this hobby :). Happy to give you the details on what you need to have a go, but with a beefy 4090 I'm not sure you will see a lot of benefit in AMS2

Well, with my meagre 3080Ti, I can push a fair few more pixels and up the MSAA to high by taking advantage of the Fixed Foveated rendering. It's basically halving the resolution in the blurry areas of the G1 and almost (but not quite) culling it outside the visible area.

Be warned it's a bit quirky, but what isn't in this hobby :). Happy to give you the details on what you need to have a go, but with a beefy 4090 I'm not sure you will see a lot of benefit in AMS2
Thanks Scott I know what I'm gonna do this weekend! Give you an update Tuesday ☺️. Have a nice weekend!

I am sure that some use simhub during the online race?
for me, simhub works only in offline mode and that perfectly and without problems.
In multiplayer, simhub does not work.
SIMTOOLS works online and offline.

I have the following AMS2 "SYSTEM" settings.

Shared memory = Projectcars2
udp frequency = 1
UDP protocol version = Projectcars2

Simhub telemtrie mode (UDP experimental)

does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 191 67.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 122 43.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 131 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 78 27.5%
Back