AC GT3 @ Bridgehampton - Sun 05Aug18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Buster I have to sign out due to a family event I didn't know was happening on Sunday. Sorry I'll miss it, but hopefully I'll be back next Sunday unless I die in a fiery crash in rF2 at the Bathurst 1000. Yes I'm a fool, but you all know that.

Another annoying race. Great circuit, loved the Huracan again, but as with every week I race three mistakes just ruined it for me. Should have been battling with John all race, messed up, then should have caught Craig before the pitstops, messed up again, then should have caught Craig during the second stint but didn't once again due to two more stupid errors.

I'm just getting bored of the same things happening every week.

• Deleted member 231027

damn the power in my town went out for a couple of hours I'm sorry but I had no possible means to let you know :cry:

Great race everyone. Very challenging circuit, really have to keep constant focus as the tyres degraded into the fast turns.

Another annoying race. Great circuit, loved the Huracan again, but as with every week I race three mistakes just ruined it for me. Should have been battling with John all race, messed up, then should have caught Craig before the pitstops, messed up again, then should have caught Craig during the second stint but didn't once again due to two more stupid errors.

I'm just getting bored of the same things happening every week.

Oh man, I feel you. I used to have exactly these same problems when I used to race in Live for Speed when I first started sim racing. What helped a lot for me was:
  1. Trying to be more conscious about making sure I'm still focused every time I pass the pit straight. If I feel I'm losing concentration, I talk to myself out loud for a lap, verbally saying shifts, braking points, acceleration points, etc, and it usually gets my mojo back.
  2. Thinking less about fast setups and more about setups which encourage consistency, especially in dangerous areas of the circuit.
  3. Focusing on race setup with long stints in practice, not qualifying.
This is something you can resolve and you'll eventually get there, just like I did. But that doesn't mean I don't make mistakes now either, just ask Bastian about my off with 40 minutes to go :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%