AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I use Neck FX in CSP Dmitri, and I find that to be brilliant.

( Sorry I just saw Rasmus' answer and I can't delete this post)
Jack, what are your settings voor NECKFX? I can't get that to work either. I'm only interested in the feature to look into the turn like the Steer Look Ahead LR setting in RHM.

Last edited:
Jack, what are your settings voor NECKFX? I can't get that to work either. I'm only interested in the feature to look into the turn like the Steer Look Ahead LR setting in RHM.
One sec Han I'll attach a screenshot link here so you can check ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F8dhrhrz51STodMFEULQJy1X9A0eN7PN/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YGuqEOBVka_WcbNIbTgYZdOo6n8j0pol/view?usp=sharing

These are the defaults. I am running CSP 0.1.7.4 - preview3.

if both stopped working 6 months back - I would try and recall if there was a driver change or some fundamental change to your machine back then ? Might also be worth reinstalling CSP or upgrading and restarting ?

Last edited:
You request a skin here...

@JamKart22 done - I asked for JRM-22 since number 98 has already been swooped up ! Odd that JRM-22 is almost your callsign - hopefully people won't confuse us :roflmao: :p

Last edited:
One thing about camera movement, fov settings etc etc :
Record your driving (live, not replay so everything is identical) and then watch that video and check if you can tell what the car is doing without ffb.

With G force simulation: I can't
With look to apex stuff: I can't
With lock to horizon: I can't
Without any filtering: I can't (I can't focus on the track due to the shaking)
With too high fov: I can't judge anything
With too low fov: I don't see enough to judge anything

So yeah, that's how I ended up with my settings :p

One thing about camera movement, fov settings etc etc :
Record your driving (live, not replay so everything is identical) and then watch that video and check if you can tell what the car is doing without ffb.

With G force simulation: I can't
With look to apex stuff: I can't
With lock to horizon: I can't
Without any filtering: I can't (I can't focus on the track due to the shaking)
With too high fov: I can't judge anything
With too low fov: I don't see enough to judge anything

So yeah, that's how I ended up with my settings :p
The time you have to spend figuring out all that, you'd better invest in some work to earn enough and buy a VR headset :D

I'm not sure if I'm going to be back home in time for the qualifying but I'm hoping I can make it for the race. So can you put me on the reserve list with the 650s please Chris.

Last edited:
**General ** Just to share some useful info with fellow newcomers to AC:

In AC when the frame rate app is up there is a PHYSX item that pertains to hardware acceleration of physics calculations via GPU or CPU if the game supports this. AC does.

If you right click on your desktop and choose the NVIDA Control Panel, usually there is a PHYSX item in the 3D-settings which is usually set to auto. This means that your card should be PHYSX capable.

To check if AC is using this, when driving start the frame rate app, there is a PHYSX item as one of the entries (penultimate I think). If it reads 0 then start GPU-Z and check if PHYSX is ticked at the bottom along with opengl and cuda etc.

If you run GPU-Z and find your PHYSX box unticked and the PHYSX under the AC is reading 0 then installing this driver:

should activate it (it did for me). Check that it is active in GPU-Z. Just restart AC and that fps app entry should now not be zero. It can improve things by around 5-10%.

I found this to be the case on my system and then fixed it in this way. Then I saw that in one of SirSpats optimisation videos, he has it turned off - so I thought I might share the infor to the benefit of all of us.

(obviously check everything for your card and setup and I add that you tinker with it at your own risk)
I don't think this is correct. AFAIK, AC doesn't use PhysX at all. What you're seeing as PHY in that app is CPU usage for physics calculation: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ics-and-ff-frequency.31453/page-4#post-667481

I don't think this is correct. AFAIK, AC doesn't use PhysX at all. What you're seeing as PHY in that app is CPU usage for physics calculation: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ics-and-ff-frequency.31453/page-4#post-667481

Hi Dmitry,

well you live and learn ... thanks for your feedback mate. Here is what I have noticed:

1) the graphics fps is lower by about 5 or more depending on what you have going
2) GPU-Z reports that the PhyX capability is not active on the system

When you add that driver, points 1) and 2) of the above points reverse and the game seems to run stronger.

I assumed that since it is the PhysX driver that does this then AC uses it - my machine is set to use the GPU for PhysX presently.

However also @RasmusP has pointed out that the replays must have PHY=0 and I did just now try the in game PHY with and without the PHYSX driver installed - the PHY works the same either way and while driving it is not zero so I am indeed mistaken in my original hypothesis it seems (though I swear the fps has gone up because I am running near ultra settings on Sol 2, CSP and Assetto graphics at 120+ fps with PHYSX installed).

Conjectural post removed :)

Thanks @demetri and @RasmusP for checking my claim - appreciated!

Last edited:
The time you have to spend figuring out all that, you'd better invest in some work to earn enough and buy a VR headset :D
I had an Oculus Rift CV1 for 3 months last year in Summer. Bought it used and sold it for a little bit less after testing everything I wanted.

Just too blurry for me and while hotlapping with it was fine for more than an hour, looking further left/right than the apexes instantly made me sick so not really suited for racing :p

I'm very sensitive regarding motion sickness so it did surprise me that I could drive at all!

Anyway, I didn't spend much time testing around. I just dialled everything in how it felt right and that's it.
But when I see videos of others, I notice that I can't judge anything because I can't know if the car is actually doing something or just the camera...

Is it my setup or does this track not run so well in VR? Had to dial down quite a few settings compared to the previous tracks.

I was on the server earlier & it was fine for me.
GPU&CPU # Assetto Corsa # Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA0 # 26_02_2021 16_29_57.jpg

fpsvr

I use the default version of AC.

I don't need to drive it to see that it is a big improvement.

3rd to 4th gear far too big of a gap
Change third to 103mph, 2nd to 82mph first to 58mph

tyre pressures FL to 19
FR to 20
RL to 17
RR ok

I was on the server today, for some reason they have turned up road temperatures.
So you will need to take 1 PSI off all tyres.:):thumbsup:

PS
I have assumed it is for the Lamborghini. :unsure:

Last edited:
I don't need to drive it to see that it is a big improvement.

3rd to 4th gear far too big of a gap
Change third to 103mph, 2nd to 82mph first to 58mph

tyre pressures FL to 19
FR to 20
RL to 17
RR ok

I was on the server today, for some reason they have turned up road temperatures.
So you will need to take 1 PSI off all tyres.:):thumbsup:

PS
I have assumed it is for the Lamborghini. :unsure:

1614385414396.png

Iirc the phy value is 0 during replays, because no real time physics need to be calculated :cautious:
Cheers for working that out Ras, I have deleted the original post and modified my original answer to Dmitry to include these observations. I still think I get some sort of improvement in graphics compared to what I was running before - when PhysX was not installed I was getting 115 fps and lower with maxed CSP, Sol 2 defaults and near max Assetto graphics. With PhysX turned on at the GPU-Z indicator the fps jumped to 127 fps and stayed at 120 fps + thereafter with the same maxed CSP/Assetto and Sol 2 at near ultra. Though this might be another "Jack's magic stopwatch" phenomenon I can't rule out an improvement entirely since a) I tested this for several hours b) the fps has remained high on my system with PhysX installed.

I thought about it for two days and when I was sure I wanted to share it so others could benefit - thanks for pointing out this important weakness in my argument.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%