AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I can post my AMG setup if you want to try it, but I think I just need more rear wing, and be gentler on the accelerator when I'm rounding a corner. This issue seems to happen mostly at T1, T4, T10.

Some drivers like Andreas have no problem with the Lamborghini, me , it bites, and I probably do not have the required feeling or speed of response to deal with this car.
It for me is totally random, I can do 20 laps then suddenly it is that overloading of both rears and then that slow spin.:mad:

The AMG has that instant torque you get with a big capacity V8, ( I don’t think it is turbo’ed ).
Know very little about the Mercedes , you can post the setup if you wish.:)

The AMG has that instant torque you get with a big capacity V8, ( I don’t think it is turbo’ed ).
Know very little about the Mercedes , you can post the setup if you wish.:)

Nope, one of the only non-turbos in the lineup. The AMG GT3 uses the AMG 6.3L V8. It has one of the best torque curves I think, and is very stable (sometimes requires a bit of setup) but usually staight out of the box. Also, the AI just destroyed my best time by 1.2s on MEDIUM tires! :notworthy:

The setups may not be identical since the one called "P1" was used earlier today and probably changed slightly.

Attachments

• P - alt gearing.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 39
  • P - alt gearing.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 42
  • P1.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 48
  • P1.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 38
Last edited:
Someone said the AI was good at RBR. I could actually beat the AI time in all the testing. But at Donington, it's now 1.3s faster, and all I did was change the tire pressures (and final gear.) Still using default settings and medium tires. Gosh, how much faster can it go? :mad:

Someone said the AI was good at RBR. I could actually beat the AI time in all the testing. But at Donington, it's now 1.3s faster, and all I did was change the tire pressures (and final gear.) Still using default settings and medium tires. Gosh, how much faster can it go? :mad:
Well I noticed that the performance of the AI differs per track compared to mine. So it easily can be that the AI just likes Donington more than RBR.

@Goblin616

Nothing much wrong with both setups, "but" from my perspective, a big "but".

You are making life so difficult for yourself.

I will just talk about the AMG as that is the car you are going to compete in....

TC at 12
ABS at 12

is really making life very difficult for yourself

I would start with TC at 1
ABS at 4

Even the fastest driver run TC and ABS, some don't but that is their choice
and anyway by that time you are at a different level of racing, maybe having to do that to be competitive in a field full of very fast sim racers, this is beyond our brief in Racedepartment Sunday race, mainly for us midfielders.

I always start with TC at 1, look at the MoTeC trace and see how often the TC kicks in, then move to TC at 2, check if I can drive at that, and how much TC kicks in, etc,etc.

Another worthwhile frig is to drop power diff from 20% to 10% can make a lot of difference to rear stability, working with TC and diff power is another useful direction, combining both for best performance.

Less rear ARB, you can throw that into the mix too.

The problem with setting a car up, is first it will have to be done circuit to circuit, and the amount of trial and error combinations are, well, a lot. :(

Well I noticed that the performance of the AI differs per track compared to mine. So it easily can be that the AI just likes Donington more than RBR.
From my experience the ai is quite good at riding the grip limit but it's not that good at sharp, precise, high speed turns.

So it struggles at t1 and T2 at rbr, the chicane at monza before the lesmo etc.
Donington is more flowing, less "point and shoot".

Also it's important to know that Kunos did the ai lines for all their tracks and since it's a business "good enough was good enough".

Donington is a really well made mod track and the ai line was probably worked on until it was perfect!

PS
Revisited you Video, I can now see that you crossed the curbs with full throttle
and virtually no TC involved, that may not have saved you though, the back jumped and you momentarily lite up the rear tyres, in a Lamborghini Huracan, that will be game over.:roflmao::roflmao:

I didn't say AI was good. I said they didn't do clearly stupid things, but still were on the slow side. Also, AI line for RBR_osrw for some reason seems to be different and slower (at least a second) than one for stock RBR, so if you practiced at osrw version of the track (the one we used online) then they were even slower

It is quite possible that AI line for Donington GP is better (I noticed that AI uses curbs more here) and that's why they do relatively better here.

@Goblin616

Nothing much wrong with both setups, "but" from my perspective, a big "but".

You are making life so difficult for yourself.

I will just talk about the AMG as that is the car you are going to compete in....

TC at 12
ABS at 12

is really making life very difficult for yourself

I would start with TC at 1
ABS at 4

Even the fastest driver run TC and ABS, some don't but that is their choice
and anyway by that time you are at a different level of racing, maybe having to do that to be competitive in a field full of very fast sim racers, this is beyond our brief in Racedepartment Sunday race, mainly for us midfielders.

I always start with TC at 1, look at the MoTeC trace and see how often the TC kicks in, then move to TC at 2, check if I can drive at that, and how much TC kicks in, etc,etc.

Another worthwhile frig is to drop power diff from 20% to 10% can make a lot of difference to rear stability, working with TC and diff power is another useful direction, combining both for best performance.

Less rear ARB, you can throw that into the mix too.

The problem with setting a car up, is first it will have to be done circuit to circuit, and the amount of trial and error combinations are, well, a lot. :(
OK, I'll give it a try this evening.

PS
Revisited you Video, I can now see that you crossed the curbs with full throttle
and virtually no TC involved, that may not have saved you though, the back jumped and you momentarily lite up the rear tyres, in a Lamborghini Huracan, that will be game over.:roflmao::roflmao:
I know nothing about proper Lambo setups, but I have zero issues in this chicane in the Audi. I can cross the curb flat-out and the car wouldn't even try to spin on me. I never spun there during 40 or so laps I made last night re-learning this track after 3 and a half years of not visiting it.

My car looks more planted with less oscillations after the curb, though Frank's video could be exaggerating them due to the cockpit camera movement enabled which I recommend to turn off

Not the slightest surprised Demetri, some GT3 cars whatever you've done to dampers, springs and ARB are terrible over the curbs, ( my setup skills are limited, unfortunately :() my Nissan has no problem here, my not be as eloquent over the bump as the Audi. :roflmao: :roflmao: But it is no problem for the Nissan.
Monza curbs, quite another story, the SCG at Monza just sails over the curbs as though they do not exist.:unsure:
I tend to drive five different gt3 cars in our Sunday races, there is some really big difference between just those that I drive.

PS.
I have been looking into front to rear suspension Frequency and chassis length recently, although I am still a dim wit at such things. :rolleyes:
I have been wondering if this may be a reason for some cars being much better over bumps than others.
But as I have not a clue about the software in AC, i am not sure if AC has the software capability of creating or not creating an effect from that.

I just broke my best lap in the AMG, and came within 26/100s of fastest lap. Some more practice and tweaks should help. Thanks for the advice Ernie! I'll keep working at it. BTW I saw Rasmus practicing!
20210225114400-1.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%