AC GT3 @ Imola - Wednesday February 10th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Multiple rammed at first corner. :confused:
Then wreckers dive bombing the first lap at Variante Alta ended my race. :mad:
It seemed the usual public server.
Guys, make a favour to yourself and others and use Helicorsa app, and be more cautious at first lap.

Thanks for the race all :thumbsup:

As this is only my second race with AC in a while and I'm not that good due to lack (lots off) practice I decided to pit and sit the rest out as I don't want to ruin anyone's race with a newbie mistake when being blue flagged.

Sorry guys! I was the guy missing the brake on T1 :redface::redface:
I followed @James Hemp going quite fast but he managed to brake in time and I was mislead, sorry, stupid mistake :unsure::unsure:

Anyway seems it was an amazing fight in front :)
I also had a blast fighting me back to P8 after falling back to 13 after T1 :barefoot:

See you next time guys :thumbsup:

Sorry guys! I was the guy missing the brake on T1 :redface::redface:
I followed @James Hemp going quite fast but he managed to brake in time and I was mislead, sorry, stupid mistake :unsure::unsure:

I kind of overshoot the braking point also but i cut the corner on the grass to not hit people. I was coming slowly to the corner, I even had distance to the car in front but it still surprised me.

All in all this was the best race I ever drove. Absolutely lovely race, diversity of cars and top quality drivers. In these moments I love RD. Too bad there will be no league races, GT or GP.

Thus far, the top quote of 2016:
::checkered flag::
"Oh my God...I can die now. I beat the two Finnish guys."
- @Geof , 10 FEB 2016

Hey @Geof and @Tomi . That was the most fun I've had in a long time :thumbsup::thumbsup:
So please don't die on us now Geof... nice to have you back :sneaky::whistling:
And we won't let you that easy next time ;)

Messed up those first laps pretty good, but luckily got past @Matheus Machado and was able to join that podium fight :) Lowered tyre pressure from qualy and it took ages to get those working... :O_o:

Thank you @Geof and @Rami that was one of the best race I have had for a long time:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was so close the whole 20 laps what it last, untill someone desided to push me out of the track:whistling:

And Geoffroy, don't say we were faster than you;). You were the fastest, because you cross that finish line first;). It was absolutely amazing drive from you:thumbsup:

@Ryan "...I can die now... for today", that last being implied. :whistling: of course...:rolleyes:

@Rami and @Tomi , I share the same feeling! One of the most enjoyable since a while, and on top of it, one of my best. I took a look on the replay, and It look like I was faster than what my mirrors was telling me all along. I can finally tame this lady... sometimes... some laps. But it's a nice feeling to drive this one on the edge. And 22 laps in front of you two is rather stimulating :confused:.
So thx again for this one!:thumbsup:

If anyone want to try the setup I've found for the Lambo...

I must thx all the lapped guys, I had the luck to have no troubles.

Thx @Tobias Röhner, and all drivers.
See you next.

I accidentally started the race with my qualifying setup (soft tires and three laps of fuel) so I had to pit and change it but it was a fun race anyway.

Thanks for the race guys. I could not practice enough for a decent pace, but I hope I didn't cause too much trouble for the UFOs in front. Good fight @RippedXFuel (even if I constantly screwed up when finally getting close enough to attempt a pass).
THX @D_Moriarty for the nice and fair fight! Not enough training and no proper setup on my side as well :O_o: But the Nissan is a true monster, so I managed to get away time and again ... until lap 20, when some very low flying objects tried to enforce their god-given right for a free track. After that encounter I could only sneak around the course and make it across the finish-line. However, I very much enjoyed the race! Thanks @Tobias Röhner for the orga! ;)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 187 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 120 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 129 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 77 27.5%
Back