AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Sun 17 Feb 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It guess it can be disheartening Matt, but then I was thinking the other day (very unusual!) about how many seconds per minute I am behind the Aliens, and where I was 10 months ago (well over double what it is now), and it gave me hope that by the time I'm 70 I should be as quick:roflmao::p

In the meantime, I'm happy that this is such bloody good fun:D

Only got a few days to wait then John :laugh::laugh:

Well I enjoyed it very much, several battles along the way, I really felt for @pattikins we were battling for most of the race and he ran out of fuel just before the finish line.

Congrads to the podiums, astonishing times :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all again next week at Road America ..it is a very popular track, so to save disappointment please sign up early :thumbsup:

and lol again, you would stand a better chance on your lonesome :roflmao:
Nah, we should do it, it's the fun that matters:thumbsup::D

Anyway, we could play to our advantage.... "There's two bulls watching cows grazing in the field below below. The young bull says, "Let's run down there and fcuk a cow!" The old bull says, "No, let's walk down and fcuk them all.";)

Good race again, thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting :thumbsup:
I went with a really bad feeling into this race as I barely practiced AND was heavily drunk Saturday night.. In qualifying, I managed to finish a lap not until 30 seconds before the end:roflmao:
But the race was quite good, made only 1 small mistake and improved from 14th to 7th :)
And thx @Hepsta for sharing your setup, I believe you saved my a** on this one :D

Was really enjoying it and went for my pitstop, and there was no red box in the pit lane so I couldn't pit. :(
Do I have to request a pitstop or something to get it to work? Also there didn't seem to be a pit speed limiter which was weird as its normally automatic.

i cannot help, but the same thing happened to me, same event, race department Gt3 online,
not the same circuit. ( i think it was okayama ).

Checked every thing i could and could not find a reason??? :(

Raced at Red bull GP, race departments online Gt3, couple of weeks ago , dreading pit stop,
but all went well, as normal.
Would be interested if you can come up with a solution, i could not , let me know.
But from my view, ignore, should correct itself, probably a glitch in the online server.
( i know that does not make much sense but it’s the best i can do ) :(

i cannot help, but the same thing happened to me, same event, race department Gt3 online,
not the same circuit. ( i think it was okayama ).

Checked every thing i could and could not find a reason??? :(

Raced at Red bull GP, race departments online Gt3, couple of weeks ago , dreading pit stop,
but all went well, as normal.
Would be interested if you can come up with a solution, i could not , let me know.
But from my view, ignore, should correct itself, probably a glitch in the online server.
( i know that does not make much sense but it’s the best i can do ) :(

Thanks for the input. @Craig Dunkley , I wonder if it's because I took someone else's place so maybe the server doesn't fully update itself to know I'm properly registered. @Kek700, in your Okayama race did you replace someone who had pulled out?

Thanks for the input. @Craig Dunkley , I wonder if it's because I took someone else's place so maybe the server doesn't fully update itself to know I'm properly registered. @Kek700, in your Okayama race did you replace someone who had pulled out?

No I do not think it is that, maybe it was the first pit box and you drove by it? ..honestly if it is the first one? it is very easy to miss it. Next event you enter, go into the pits during practice, one to see if all is ok and the other to find out your box location ..I always do this :thumbsup:

@Craig Dunkley @Denis Betty sorry for disappearing last night and didn't come back in time before you guys went. My little boy was being a pain in the arse last night. Didn't go back to sleep till 2:30. Hope to see you all again

Not to worry my friend. I have been there myself, you can not just ignore a situation like that and I certainly would not want you to :thumbsup: ..even if it happens every race, I realize that most of you have young family's and family comes first no matter what :thumbsup:

I went with a really bad feeling into this race as I barely practiced AND was heavily drunk Saturday night.. In qualifying, I managed to finish a lap not until 30 seconds before the end:roflmao:
But the race was quite good, made only 1 small mistake and improved from 14th to 7th :)
And thx @Hepsta for sharing your setup, I believe you saved my a** on this one :D

Yes you had a good race, I was in battle with you a few times, I raced on one set of soft's, so could not push any more ...you had the pace on me, well done my friend :thumbsup:

No I do not think it is that, maybe it was the first pit box and you drove by it? ..honestly if it is the first one? it is very easy to miss it. Next event you enter, go into the pits during practice, one to see if all is ok and the other to find out your box location ..I always do this :thumbsup:

Good idea Craig, this was likely the reason. I'll make sure to practice pitstops next time.

Another question regarding pitstops, the auto pit limiter didn't seem to work for me. Was this also the case for you? Is there a drive through penalty or something for coming in to the pit-lane too fast and/or going over the pit limit whilst in the pits? (Sorry to bombard you with questions)

No worries bud, I added some more negative front toe which helped a lot as well but overall a fairly stable race setup.

It was probably the first pit box... One needs to practice pitting or your going to get a penalty, everyone who doesn't does practice. You have to be pretty close or under 80 when that pit board window opens up (the one you get when your in the pits)!

Thanks for the organizing / running the race and other drivers!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 171 66.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 112 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 119 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.2%
Back