AC GT3 @ Le Mans - Sunday 12th November 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Interslice For some reason I can't sign up on Emperor, can you do that for me?

I'm not 100% sure I can make it and have had zero practice but I like the track and want to race if I possibly can. There's plenty of spare slots so won't be stopping anyone from racing.

While i am particularly bl**dy F**king frustrated, i think these track limits are Bleeding ridiculous , if you touch a kerb in this thing you are off, i got a penalty for having two bleeding wheels out.
It is bad enough trying to keep this on track, if you lift it will let go, so you just hope two wheels will not get you one of these random track limits.

Were are the track limits, no way of knowing without exceeding them.

3b149698174a03c0e3ef3f20e07b693d.jpg

Last edited:
While i am particularly bl**dy F**king frustrates, i think these track limits are Bleeding ridiculous , if you touch a kerb in this thing you are off, i got a penalty for having two bleeding wheels out.
It is bad enough trying to keep this on track, if you lift it will let go, so you just hope two wheels will not get you one of these random track limits.

I also also wondering about the track limits. E.g the dotted lines at the straight were no track limits, but just before the chicanes they were !?

I joined some minutes before the start, but I did some practice during the last week. Finally I did my PB in the last lap, a 4:11. I'm really happy with that.
In comparison to the MX5 Cup, it is much more difficult to handle blue flag situations with the GT3. Everything is much faster and there is not much time to look in the mirror and take the right decision. Driving GT3 needed a lot of concentration. I think should prefer the MX5 Cup for now.

From the first corner I had a bad conscience, where I touched Paul's car a little. I've watched the replay of this scene many times now, and I think it was the red Porsche that threw you off balance, Paul. If it was my fault, then I'm very sorry for not waiting.

The race was very exciting. Congratulations Robert. I think without my little mistakes I would have had a chance of winning.

Great event as always! :thumbsup:

Ah, and by the way, wing 2 ;)

I joined some minutes before the start, but I did some practice during the last week. Finally I did my PB in the last lap, a 4:11. I'm really happy with that.
In comparison to the MX5 Cup, it is much more difficult to handle blue flag situations with the GT3. Everything is much faster and there is not much time to look in the mirror and take the right decision. Driving GT3 needed a lot of concentration. I think should prefer the MX5 Cup for now.
You drove a good race Dirk. You’re getting better every time. Just keep at it.
This time last year I was getting lapped at least 2 times in these GT3 races. Now thankfully the clock runs out just when the leader becomes a spot in my mirrors. ;-0

While i am particularly bl**dy F**king frustrates, i think these track limits are Bleeding ridiculous , if you touch a kerb in this thing you are off, i got a penalty for having two bleeding wheels out.

View attachment 706857
I also also wondering about the track limits. E.g the dotted lines at the straight were no track limits, but just before the chicanes they were !?

You pretty much have to learn them through trial and error. It's usually just virage corvette that gets me, it did twice trying to take it in fourth. Had to settle for third gear from there. It's just a very strict wheels inside the white line there.
Exit of the second chicane on the mulsanne os probably the other bogey.

From the first corner I had a bad conscience, where I touched Paul's car a little. I've watched the replay of this scene many times now, and I think it was the red Porsche that threw you off balance, Paul. If it was my fault, then I'm very sorry for not waiting.
It was a tricky GR, I thought at the time more of a racing incident. You nudged Paul a small bit, he recovered easily from that but that caused me to hit him and make him spin out. I thought of waiting but didn't feel it was my fault as such. We were both last anyway :)

When I started out I would get lapped twice a session by the whole field! At that point just finishing the session was my main goal, though I also opted for the silly Kunos GT3 911 car.

I really love the 992 on this track, just feels right, had a lovely time though I can easily shave of a few seconds from what I've seen in the delta timer. There's a lot of potential left in that car that I need to learn.

The race was very exciting. Congratulations Robert. I think without my little mistakes I would have had a chance of winning.

Great event as always! :thumbsup:

Ah, and by the way, wing 2 ;)
Not a problem Hank, racing incident as it all got a bit tight in that first chicane and I probably would have caught the slide but the bump pushed me into Robert which took me off deep into the kitty litter.
So P12 and dead last made me get my head down to see how far up the leaderboard I could get. Brian spun in the first of the Porsche curves and I had little time to decide which way to go, chose right and got on the grass myself leading to a half spin, losing time on Ernie.
But the Porsche’s were self-destructing in front of me and I suddenly found myself in P3 with a clear run to the line.
Really enjoyable and the BMW has awesome stopping power, so much so that on two occasions I had to bale out to avoid hitting Doug at the second Mulsanne chicane and Brian at the last chicane. I picked up two cut warnings, both at the last chicane and by the time I got the warning I had crossed the finish line so had no chance to slow down.

Thanks to Brian for organising and well done all for making it a fun race. More please!:thumbsup:

What a race guys that was fantastic i really enjoyed it i had a couple of good battles until i lost the rear twice coming out the 2nd chicane down the mulsanne straight and also last chicane that leads onto the start/finish straight.
How i finished 4th i don't know but i will take that lololol
Thank for the race and congrates to podium.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%