AC GT3 @ Nordschleife - Fri 07Sep18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Bobby - I think I'll join the fun for this one...hope your leg is improving...those doctors get paid enough to figure something out!
It's got to the the Porsche for me too...I tried out most of them and this one wanted to kill me the least, as you would say...

Hi Bobby - I think I'll join the fun for this one...hope your leg is improving...those doctors get paid enough to figure something out!
It's got to the the Porsche for me too...I tried out most of them and this one wanted to kill me the least, as you would say...
Be great to see another man on The Krazy Train with that mad German of ours:p

Hi Bobby, I'd like to get in if I can. I'll bring up the rear in the Z4 since no one else has picked it yet assuming that works.
Sure thing, but before I can sign you up, I need you to put your real name under your username for me. It's an RD rule so I can't get around it. I'm asking @Buster to watch this for me since it's very late here in the states and I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so I don't know when I could get back to you if you have any trouble. Look forward to meeting you and welcome to Club Hooligan:D

Thanks Bobby, name change done.
I'm going to try Teamspeak on an android phone, hope that works well.

BTW, can anyone say what the Damage and Tire Wear settings are for this race?

Wow Bobby, sorry to hear you will miss this but hope things work out at the Doctors office! I think I will be able to join this one also. I will do it in a Porsche since I really haven't driven anything else for a while. I have no idea of the proper setup for this but I'm sure one of my fine fellow porsche racers will help this old man out. Otherwise I'll just have to go with what I've got and kick some butt!! - Hope to see you back soon Bobby!! - Keith

Thanks for getting that taken care of for me. I really appreciate it. I've got you signed up with the Z4. I think you can use ts on a mobile phone just fine, but ts doesn't really take much in the way of resources so you should be able to do it over your pc to make it easier on you, If you have any issues with it, just let us know here in the thread. As you can see, we've got a great group of men that help out all the time.0

One thing you will definitely need to know how to do is a pitstop since it's mandatory. In the pitstop strategy section in you setups screen, when it comes to tires make sure you set a compound that you want the pit crew to put on for you like S,M or H, If you leave it saying no change that means that they will not change the tires. If you wonder about a fuel strategy, I usually do my strategies for an hour race anywhere from 50/50% to an 80/20%, The 80/20% is usually when I just go in and top off my tank and don't change tires if I'm on Medium or Hard tires, BTW, I've never run hard tires because they SUCK:D You should be able to do this race on 2 sets of Soft tires if you choose to go that route. Then I'd do a 50/50% or 55/45%

Richard Dastardly was correct on his numbers for the race. Thank you sir for helping out:thumbsup:

Wow Bobby, sorry to hear you will miss this but hope things work out at the Doctors office! I think I will be able to join this one also. I will do it in a Porsche since I really haven't driven anything else for a while. I have no idea of the proper setup for this but I'm sure one of my fine fellow porsche racers will help this old man out. Otherwise I'll just have to go with what I've got and kick some butt!! - Hope to see you back soon Bobby!! - Keith
Thanks Keith, I'm sure it will. Just a little more of trial by fire for me;)

I'll sign you up in the Widow maker. Seems that we have an inordinate amount of drivers with great taste in cars, but little concern for their safety and well being. @Dirk Steffen will have a glorious replay for his collection now:cool: Glad you're getting to join us Keith:thumbsup:

Ok gents, we have enough guys that this thing should go on no matter what so I'll get the race server up tomorrow when I get home from the doctors. I can already hear the screams of joy coming from the Porsche Factory Jackass and his glorious flat 6:D As for the rest of you driving Loreana Bobbitt
giphy.gif
:p:p:p

You will be fine with the TeamSpeak mobile phone app.

It is not the most convenient to use (it is far more limited compared to the desktop app) but generally you can get it to work ok.

I am using the TS app on an iPhone and i recommend you use a set of in ear headphones that stay safely in place during a race but can be adjusted so plenty of speaker noise from the car gets through while you can hear the TS radio still fine - it takes a bit of volume adjustment.

I use the voice activation but have the sensitivity in the TS app turned ALL THE WAY to the right (least sensitive to voice) and have my sim rig speaker system turned down just enough to not trigger TS on the phone during a race.

It takes some adjustment and fiddling so make sure to show up early on race day - usually a bunch of hooligans are already half an hour early on the server and TeamSpeak to shoot the breeze and everyone is happy to help you out to get you set up just fine.

Just don't ask @Bobby Pennington or worse @InsaneOzzie (who is shagging the, … I mean renovating the neighbor ladies bathroom during the race).

Both of these suspects are suspect - there is a reason The Convict is called The Convict!

For anyone who may have trouble to get the Porsche 911 GT3 R around the Ring in one piece:
basic setup:
https://acstuff.ru/s/ql8k

I didn't have much time to set this up and it is late so don't call your lawyers, wifes or your mom to berate me if you suffer from it ;-)

I'm so sad to miss this, but I got some nasty cold with bouts of coughing and I'm not gonna be able to drive tonight. Count me out :(

@Bobby Pennington, sorry about your health problems, hope that you will get well soon

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 35 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%