AC GT3 @ Okayama - Sunday 26th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think I have the stupidest statement on this site ever. Ran into some friends and we had a couple of beers. I'm completely wasted (shitfaced in English) now. So racing will not work. If you all think it's okay I still want to login to the server to hear the communication and see lap times, but only as an observer

That way I can check if all software is correctly installed as well

@Chris Down, I feel like a dumbass, but since you're brittain, I guess you'll understand

Sure thing, feel free to come on the server, we will have space. :)

I'm porting over from flightsimulation so not so used to camera options in asseto corsa yet, is there some sort of "free camera" or "tower view" as a spectator?

Had an absolute shocker this week, thought i'd been really quick all week practising but then in free practise before the race I was almost at the back, big wake up call. Somehow managed to set a huge PB in quali and after the lap 1 carnage I was up to 8th. All downhill after that, spun 3 times in the following 7 laps, probably pushing too hard and I never got comfortable afterr that. In the latter stages of the race I even had to resort to Mariokart tatics by throwing a DRS sign at Simon to keep him off my back. Great track though, really enjoyed it. Thanks Chris for organising.

Great race everyone! That was a lot of fun, I saw a bunch of great battles when coming through :thumbsup: Thankfully nobody saw my glorious pirouette in sector 2. :p

I went soft/soft with 50% fuel. The first stint I pushed too hard and really bollocksed up my tyres with the ballet moves. By the end it was really like driving on marshmallows. The second stint was mostly without incident, I tried to manage the tyres a bit more since I had a reasonable gap, which made the degredation a lot more predictable (although it still was pretty crappy by the end).

Hope to see you all next week! I'll post the thread Tomorrow™. :D

After a good quali for me (p6) i spun in de first lap (turn 3/4) and took alot of cars with me. If i took you out, sorry for that. After that i was almost last, few corners later i spun again because i was trying to avoid someone who almost stopped in front of me. So from absolutly last place i needed to make as few misstakes as possible to get back in de fight. Somehow managed to finish p11, had some really nice battles along the way, so in the end it was a fun race! Thanks guys and thanks @Chris Down for organising.

Again it went as usual. My quali went really bad again, over half a second slower than my best lap in race.. Started from P14 and got up to P4, but @Spilskinanka and @GEO147 went with one set of tyres and I didn’t catch them after pit stop. I was pushing it so hard to catch George, but there wasn’t enough time.. It was so close though, nice driving mate! I’m still very happy with P6 considering my quali result :D
With these lower race temperatures it seems to do more difference with tyre selection between cars. I can’t get mediums fit at all in GT-R. But it was really a fun race and got to know my new wheel and pedals little better:D

Fun race, avoided most of the Lap 1 carnage but so did @GEO147 and was fighting behind him for 20 minutes, we couldn't stop @erazerr7 for long on our mediums. Eventually got through and managed to maintain the gap to finish 4th. I'll definitely take best of the rest, enjoyed the car here and was happy to be a bit faster than the GTE race here a few weeks back as I was a bit disappointed with my pace then.

Results here: https://simresults.net/200726-GD9

Was a tough race that. Didn't do much practice at all and really struggled with the medium tyres. I kept Matt behind as long as I could hoping the 911 would bite him but he was quicker so got me eventually, nice battle Matt :thumbsup:.

Then in last 10 minutes or so I could see Miika closing in on the GTR. Had to concentrate so hard to keep home there. Another lap or two and he would have got me I think.

Was pretty sweaty by the end.

Thanks to Chris for organising and to all racers for making a great grid. See you next week. :thumbsup:

Also, here's my lap from practice. Really satisfying once you've got the track down. Breaking into the 1:27s should be possible with more time. :)

Lovely lap Chris, but I'm puzzled that you only use gears 2-5. Watching you during practice I wondered if it might be because the 650 has a really flat power curve, but I just checked and nope, not even a little bit flat - you have to take it right to the red line :laugh: (unless the UI data is a lie).
I'd have guesstimated that you could shave another few tenths with closer ratios, but perhaps the box simply doesn't let you choose a nice set for this track?

I was using all 6 gears in the 911, even though that's a slightly flatter curve (and I'm not at all sure my gearing was any good!).

Lovely lap Chris, but I'm puzzled that you only use gears 2-5. Watching you during practice I wondered if it might be because the 650 has a really flat power curve, but I just checked and nope, not even a little bit flat - you have to take it right to the red line :laugh: (unless the UI data is a lie).
I'd have guesstimated that you could shave another few tenths with closer ratios, but perhaps the box simply doesn't let you choose a nice set for this track?

I think the curve displayed by default is misleading, it's really not that bad. Six is possible, I just prefer five. You get a lot better traction off the corners with five, so either way is fine :)

After spending way too much of my time on AC making skins rather than practicing, I didn't expect much from myself, but wow. Finally got a P7, my best result yet, and with a stacked midfield to boot - genuinely feels like a podium to me.

I was so surprised when, after surviving the lap 1 carnage, I was staying with the George/Matt/Marek train rather than falling behind as expected - granted, they were on mediums, but it felt nice to be up there. Thanks for the race everyone, see you next week, and thanks again for organising Chris.

Sorry for that nudge again @random2k4 - I had just made a successful undercut and was perhaps too eager to get away from Marek, though with that mistake I only made his job easier.

I think the curve displayed by default is misleading, it's really not that bad.
Ah, fair enough.
I do know that a bunch of of the UI curves are wrong but that CM apparently recalculates them from the physics files. Here's the curve I snipped from the game (3 years ago now!) - does anyone with CM see a different curve?

1595800373630.png

Had an absolute shocker this week, thought i'd been really quick all week practising but then in free practise before the race I was almost at the back, big wake up call. Somehow managed to set a huge PB in quali and after the lap 1 carnage I was up to 8th. All downhill after that, spun 3 times in the following 7 laps, probably pushing too hard and I never got comfortable afterr that. In the latter stages of the race I even had to resort to Mariokart tatics by throwing a DRS sign at Simon to keep him off my back. Great track though, really enjoyed it. Thanks Chris for organising.

Really enjoyed that race, qualified well for me p11 and decided to go for 1 Set of mediums for the whole race, lost some places due to the carnage on lap 1 and really didn't get on with the mediums couldn't get anywhere near my qualifying pace so it was just a matter of when people would pass me not if lol.
Thanks for organising the event @Chris Down

I was just thinking to myself that I had got good start, no one hit, no one hitting me. This is a good place to run this race. Then a spin right in front of me , bang, and that was that. Teach me to get all smug.:rolleyes:
But I had a great race, quite a battle with many people, and some took more of my time. @Interslice , @Raresch , @HF2000 ( will need to see the replay for all the others )
@neesve kept handing the next place to me on a plate for about 3 laps from the end. Every one of them completely went over my head. By the time I woke up the advantage had gone each time.:rolleyes:
@Interslice and I had a great battle with Brian’s pace changing from I cannot catch you to I can catch you through out what seemed like the whole race; And an overtake that will stick in my mind for ages.:)
Congrats to the podium and especially Chris pace and his organisation, being caught and overtaken was an honour ( does that sound a bit creepy ):laugh::laugh::laugh:

PS just remembered could not shake @Neilski off , kept reappearing in my mirrors, I think he did a splash and dash, I did a spin after exiting the pits ( typical lift of oversteer from the McLaren ) and that was the last I saw of Neil.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%