AC GT3 @ Portimão - Sunday 5th July 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
View attachment 384768
by Pierre Yves Lacroix, link

This week we're racing the GT3s at Algarve International Circuit in beautiful Portimão. Come join us and get your weekly racing fix!

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 PRACTICE #12
  • Race Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3 RACE #13
Cars: DLC is required for this event

GT3:

Track: Algarve International Circuit (download here)
Pit stop: Mandatory
Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
Track Condition: Clear

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Free practice:
server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 19:00 GMT/20:00 BST (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT/20:20 BST (20 minutes)
Race: 19:40 GMT/20:40 BST (60 minutes)

Entry List
- 30 Slots
  1. Chris Down - 650s (event host)
  2. LTNINGFan - 650s
  3. uvraver - TBD
  4. Enzo Fazzi - 488
  5. nash112 - R8
  6. Interslice - 488
  7. GEO147 - 650s
  8. FischBoB - 488
  9. Sheashant L - 650s
  10. Norkin - GT-R
  11. jemmari - GT-R
  12. Medilloni - 650s
  13. HF2000 - 488
  14. stribbeck - 488
  15. marek2209 - 488
  16. erazerr7 - 488
  17. Raresch - R8
  18. Spilskinanka - 911
  19. JohannesK - R8
  20. YobbaZ - 650s
  21. Kek700 - GT-R
  22. Evgeniy Neytman - 650s
  23. hape - 650s
  24. Des Pearce - TBD
  25. SOLO59 - Z4
  26. PorDallas - 911
  27. 640er - 650s
  28. Aksu - GT-R
  29. Free slot
  30. Free slot
UTP#42
Hi Chris. Pls put me in with Z4. Thx

Just looked at the price of sim gear, after reading the above.
Bit shocked at the prices, you really cannot do this sport on the cheap any more, and get reasonable gear.:(
I think Covid has also had a big effect, when I bought my wheel there was some crazy markups on gear, only got mine cheap with a limited time offer on the Thrustmaster website itself

@Chris Down please sign me out.
I have installed the mod, the pedals worked brilliantly for 5 minutes and then the whole wheels shuts down and resets itself like it's just plugged in. Then I start to use it and it shuts down again like it has no power ...
I have disconnect the pedals from the wheels base and it doesn't shut down again, or at least not in the 3-4 minutes I've waited. So I might have connected the cables wrong ... I have to reopen the pedals again ...
P.S. this is the last time I will do it. Last time I had to cut into a head screw to make myself an opening because the original head was almost round. Barely got it out (of course I didn't use it again)
If this time I can't fix them I'll just upgrade and sell the G29 for scraps. I tried to find something similar, to buy only the pedals or something, but I couldn't.
I will go for a T300RS GT. (The TS PS si quite expensive and all I've found was without the oedals, so I have to buy them separately witch just adds up at almost double than a T300 -80% more-.)
@Chris Down ********* finallly I made them work ... I think my soldering skills were not so good the first time. This time I think I can hang the pedals from those solderings :))
Just did a tour of the Transfagarasean and I have all the pedals working again :D
THe brake pedal feels a bit odd, as I installed a 3d printed mod, I will try to get used to, so please keep me on the grid. I will try to race tomorrow.

Does anybody else have this annoying issue that all white lines are getting displayed sharply just before you get really close to them? The faster you go, the more blurry the lines become. It is the only track where I have this issue. Video settings are at maximum, no motion blur etc.

And sometimes when I start the game, the image is flipped 90° to the left :O_o:. Happened also only on this track.
ac2.jpg

Just looked at the price of sim gear, after reading the above.
Bit shocked at the prices, you really cannot do this sport on the cheap any more, and get reasonable gear.:(
How much is too much? I mean I took my G29 with H shifter in December 2018 and I paid around 260-280€ (but as far as I remember, the was a discount for the wheel). Now it's 330-340 with shifter (without the discount). I was looking For T300RS GT and I can find it around 350-390€.
All of the prices are for new gears at local stores.
As far as i remember, this was the price for the t300 in December 2018 as well.
Or I might be mislead by my memory?

Yeah, the bump isn't much of an issue now, I'm just hoping I don't hit it wrongly during some on track battle and send myself into the left hand wall while defending or some such...

I had a crazy week and now the F1 Weekend, so I didnt quite get as much practice as i had hoped for. I got falsely diagnosed with pancytopenie, which is a symptom for leucemia and similiar stuff. How can they even f up that hard at doing blood Tests?! Some guy is now propablybrunning around with my perfectly fine values thinking he is perfectly healthy.
I'll take the Porsche please, don't often drive GT3 so no clue if I'll end up as a mobile chicane. Anyone got an idea what a mid pack time will be?
Im usually in the midpack and im dipping in the 1:44s rn

I will start by saying sorry to @SOLO59, @hape and @stribbeck for hitting you guys in the first laps.

the whole afternoon something felt odd ... I felt like I can't push enough, like something is wrong with the car, but I didn't know what. I just felt that I can't find my limit ... something was off.

I've decided to retire because I've made 3 accident in 3 laps and I was just more of a danger for others.

P.S. I might have fixed the pedals, but now, once in a while, my paddles are shifter one more than it should :)) I have put debouncing at 100ms (which is double from default). Should I go even higher?

Last edited:
I will start by saying sorry to @SOLO59, @hape and @stribbeck for hitting you guys in the first laps.

the whole afternoon something felt odd ... I felt like I can't push enough, like something is wrong with the car, but I didn't know what. I just felt that I can't find my limit ... something was off.

I've decided to retire because I've made 3 accident in 3 laps and I was just more of a danger for others.

P.S. I might have fixed the pedals, but now, once in a while, my paddles are shifter one more than it should :)) I have put debouncing at 10mms (which is double from default). Should I go even higher?
I would probably go higher, I thought the default was 50ms, think I have it on 25ms

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%