AC GT3 @ Red Bull Ring - Sunday 2nd August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
as said, configured to survive ;)
I've just had a not so quick look @ both setups, & Ernie's setup is by far the quicker*. Unfortunately, both setups were deemed invalid with AC's setup menu - I guess lowering the car that extra bit is a perk of Content Manager :cautious: :p .

I made a few other changes to match my driving style. I raised the rear wing to 5 (didn't seem detrimental to the top speed), changed the gears and got rid of some of the negative toe on the front & rear (I noticed both setups were showing negative toe @ the rear?).

Han - base
Ernie - 3 tenths quicker
Post-Ernie - 5-9 tenths quicker

Here's my take on Ernie's setup (30 litres):

Very interesting to see another point of view.

Two comments, running a lot of rear toe becomes counter productive, you get no more stability, but a lot more drag.
My positive rear toe is +0.04 , your toe is +0.4.
the whole performance of the 488 is in the gearing, your gear set does not take the engines torque into account.
It is very counter productive, you should rev the 488 engine to an absolute max of 6500rpm, consequently you loose 10mph on the back straight, plus you have to carry a scrubbing rear toe of +0.4. it is not a McLaren were you have rev's and Torque in your favour.
Cannot comment on anything else, as you are a quicker GT3 driver than I, so it is a matter of personal preference.
if none of this makes sense, then i am interested in the difference between my computers interpretation of setup compared with yours. :O_o:
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png

Last edited:
@Kek700 Ernie, as I said earlier, I know nothing about car setups and even less about torque :redface: :laugh: . If my lap times improve by making a change to the gear set, then I'm likely to go for it. That's the full extent of my technical knowledge :confused::laugh: - you mention the 488, I thought we were looking @ Han's setup for the Audi?

With regard to the screenshots, you might find this interesting:
Save 2.jpg
kek700plus.jpg

Are your screenshots taken from Content Manager?

No I do not run CM, did not know you could look at the setup screen in CD.
That would explains a lot, bit worrying that there is a difference between AC and CM. Well not that much of a worry relative to the problems in this world.:roflmao::roflmao:

if I had used CM my setup would be completely different!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Which is correct.???????

That would explains a lot, bit worrying that there is a difference between AC and CM. Well not that much of a worry relative to the problems in this world.:roflmao::roflmao:

if I had used CM my setup would be completely different!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Which is correct.???????

I dunno :roflmao:

Which is correct.???????

CM might allow you to set any value, just like editing the INI file manually, but ultimately if it's not valid AC won't let you race with it regardless, so there's no advantage to be had there :)

@HF2000 Han, have you ever tried the SCG?
Only for a short time when I started with GT3 and I tried every one. When I got my fastest laps with the 911, I decided to take that one. When I didn't succeed to be consistent woth the Porsche, I switched to the R8. Recently I started with the 488 but I'm so slow with it.

@Kek700 Ernie, as I said earlier, I know nothing about car setups and even less about torque :redface: :laugh: . If my lap times improve by making a change to the gear set, then I'm likely to go for it. That's the full extent of my technical knowledge :confused::laugh: - you mention the 488, I thought we were looking @ Han's setup for the Audi?

With regard to the screenshots, you might find this interesting:
View attachment 394924View attachment 394925

Are your screenshots taken from Content Manager?
Patrick, the setup was for the 488.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%