AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Sunday 17th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Two races SPA now Silverstone totally buggered by pointless moves.
I just looked at the replay. I know it doesn't really help, but it didn't look intentional as they seemed to be desperately trying to climb the kerb onto the grass and they waited after too. It clearly wasn't your fault, but I did notice that you came in towards the apex. Personally, I avoid going near the kerbs on T1/T2 like the plague for this very reason...

Last edited:
@GeekyDeaks , you were slow through the two fast right handers, felt like you apexed too early and didnt carry as much speed into the straight. I was always catching you into the esseses as a result but it was too dangerous to get alongside so I decided to just keep pressuring you. Eventually worked but it just broke my rhythm after so many laps behind to actually have to brake without your brake lights!!!

@GeekyDeaks , you were slow through the two fast right handers, felt like you apexed too early and didnt carry as much speed into the straight. I was always catching you into the esseses as a result but it was too dangerous to get alongside so I decided to just keep pressuring you. Eventually worked but it just broke my rhythm after so many laps behind to actually have to brake without your brake lights!!!
Ah, yeah, I was wondering if that was the case. I could work out that I was totally inconsistent into Stowe, but wasn't sure about Copse. I didn't manage to practice prior to the event, so I was still trying to figure out my reference points throughout the race and those two seemed particularly tricky.

If you leave the smallest of gaps, someone will try and grab it, I leave no room at all, covered the inside kerb 100%, the only way to pass, was the whole car off the circuit, all he had to do was lift and slot in behind me. I have got over my annoyance of the situation now.
Fantastic recovery drive though Ernie!

Managed to watch the last few laps and 'sit in' with you and a couple of others, saw some great racing :)

I leave no room at all, covered the inside kerb 100%
hmmm... it didn't look that way on the replay as there was an easy car width when you started braking. You are a biker right? Personally, I tend to race with the same mindset that I have whilst on the road, which is assume everyone is out to get me as it's still going to hurt even if I am not at fault. When I was watching your replay, my first thought was that I would have stuck to my line in your situation. It doesn't always work; you can still get rear ended, but I have had a reasonable amount of clean first laps, so it's mostly working for me.

@Kek700 so sorry for that. I though it with stefano in front of me but i see now from the results link it was you... Had the quali and practice standings mixed up amongst other things. My first race using the vr had me a bit disorientated. Had to exit mid quali to change settings and was a bit all over the shop and just about managed to set a lap and was feeling ok startimg the race...

When the lights went out I lost track of the random guy in a blue lambo behind me and had a little panic, had a bit of that public server feeling, thought he was going up my inside through the pit exit.. I was really missing the nice big widescreen virtual mirror at this point. Couldn't see him in my side mirrors but also hadn't used them before to trust them.... So I moved far right to give him zero room other than going up the grass and next thing I'm right up inside you going 'oh **** I'm that turn 1 prick now' . I had one eye on you but needed to anticipate and brake early rather than wait to react ... Thats a long winded description of the irony i can take some comfort from.

Tldr: i had a panic, didn't pre brake early into t1 and generally ****ed up.

Last edited:
First of all thx to @Luca Badin , @HF2000 and @Raresch for the geat racing. Was so much fun to have such close and clean racing.

Qualy was a total disaster, somehow I had no rhythm and was more than a second off of my yesterdays practice time which was a 2.01.4.

In race the rhythm came back soon. Had good racing with the above mentioned which was great. Strategy was 50/50 with softs which went actually great. Tires were yellow but not destroyed after the stints.

So P11 to P4 is a great result for me.
Thx @Chris Down for organizing and posting stats at simresults. Seeing me at Position 1 at consistency stats shows me the practice payed off.

Thanks again and cu next race.

Got punted to the back of the pack in the first turn and then spun by self.
Ended up last.
Fought back to a good finish at 15th.
Good racing to the end.
Chased Dave down for the last five laps, but could not get the close enough to make a move..

Thanks for hosting Chris and thanks for the racing everyone!
See you next week!

Last edited:
hmmm... it didn't look that way on the replay as there was an easy car width when you started braking. You are a biker right? Personally, I tend to race with the same mindset that I have whilst on the road, which is assume everyone is out to get me as it's still going to hurt even if I am not at fault. When I was watching your replay, my first thought was that I would have stuck to my line in your situation. It doesn't always work; you can still get rear ended, but I have had a reasonable amount of clean first laps, so it's mostly working for me.

A gap is one thing, but you also have to have at least some overlap, which there wasn't in this case :)

I actually think the person behind was probably caught out by the braking more than trying to make an overtake, looking at the replay, though.

Edit: oh, now I see the reply above :)

Last edited:
A gap is one thing, but you also have to have at least some overlap, which there wasn't in this case :)
I totally agree. To be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that Ernie did anything wrong, rather I was just trying to offer up suggestions on surviving T1. Someone misjuding their braking into T1 is something I try to account for in my own positioning

Last edited:
That certainly went better than I expected. Computer performance was impressive. The lag and frame drops I was expecting at the beginning didn't happen. To my surprise I didn't hit anyone going into turn 1 on lap 1. Instead, I didn't stop and spun around because I was pressing the clutch pedal instead of the brake pedal! :laugh: (If you want a laugh watch me from race start to turn 1)

In terms of bumps and shunts: it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I still think some drivers try to squeeze into a gap they shouldn't, but it wasn't awful. I know I bumped someone, and I apologise if I knocked anyone off and didn't stop. I thought it was pretty clean. I managed to hold the car and didn't spin for the whole race, so I'm happy about that. I struggled with a bit of grip, and still am not sure why, but perhaps I need to change my practice regime.

Glad to have been involved, and meet everybody. Looking forward to the next one!

Last edited:
Fantastic recovery drive though Ernie!

Managed to watch the last few laps and 'sit in' with you and a couple of others, saw some great racing

I'll second this, Ernie. Not only did you pass me to gain position you then lapped me, that's some stellar driving. Also, thanks for slowing down JamKart for me ;)

Great to see you pop in Medilloni. :) Hope to see you back on the grid soon.

Without having participated in this race, or seeing the replay, I just noticed over the couple of the last races that there are some drivers trying to over take in situations that are definitely not suited for that. If I look at my relative, and I have a car 0,3 - 0,4 secs behind, I ma just not expecting that this car makes a move and dive bombs into the apex, without giving any room for the other car (me). Happend to me multiple times now in the last races. I really get it when some people have a more aggressive racing style, but I think you need to be at least directly at bumper level to try to make an overtake. And even then switching lines mid corner is just stupid. If you go on the inside you have to stay there and give the other car the room to go on the outer line or the other way around.

I had some of the best side by side racing moments through multiple corners here. Its difficult to handle but its more enjoyable than constantly looking in the mirror and expecting the car behind making a move that could end both races. Especially the last race at Brands Hatch I had Luca? behind me really fighting and pushing me, without trying to make any unsafe moves. It was just really great racing.

@Kek700 SPA was my fault I think. I was punted after Kemmel Straight, lost control and spun. Only after checking the replay, I noticed I hit another car with my back during the spin. Really sorry for that, but I didnt realized it during the race.

Even if I've gone down 2 places, it was so much fun to battle all the race with @ABru @HF2000 and @thom462.

My quali was quite good, don't think I could have managed a lot less, maybe 0.2 somewhere.
But I botched the race. When I started, I was all over @ABru in the first few 4-5 laps, but couldn't pass :notworthy: I knew that it was my only slight chance to get that position, because at the same race pace, he will have passed surely at pits because he was on mediums. But when softs started to go, I couldn't keep the rhythm.
Botched the first stint, putting less fuel than I should have had, so I've entered 2 laps earlier, making a planned 15 laps - 15 laps strategy into a 13-17laps strategy.
So I could keep @HF2000 behind for most of the second stint (congrats for the podium mate) and also @thom462 for some time, but when softs were gone, they were gone. Last 5-8 minutes were so sketchy, the left tyres were on red because it went 2 laps more than I should have been. But well, consistency is the key to getting places and I didn't have that today.

Also, everybody praises LoadCell up and down, but I don't find that consistency with them. I actually feel like I am slower with the new gear. Did someone experience that also?

Last edited:
Also, everybody praise LoadCell up and down, but I don't find that consistency with them. I actually feel like I am slower with the new gear. Did someone experience that also?
I"m not at your level of ability, but yes, I also found I was slower when I converted to load cell at first. It took me a fair bit of practice to get back to the same level. I have since improved, but honestly I think it's mostly just practice rather than due to the load cell. Personally, I did it because it just didn't feel right with such a large amount of movement (and I like to tinker! :D)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.8%