AC GT3 @ Spa - Sun 29Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congrats @Trebucht on the win! That was a really cool race with great battles, especially the first half. Thanks @Aksu, @Bertje and @Ph4ntom also for the great battles.

I don't usually spend the time to work out timestamps for my VR onboards, but this race was pretty cool and close in the first 30 minutes, so I figured I'd do them :)

Here's the onboard:

• 00:10 - Race start. I make a reasonable start and hold position in 5th.
  • 00:35 - Bart makes a small mistake in Raidillon which costs him pretty badly on the straight. Werner and I get past.
  • 00:50 - Werner and I battle into Les Combes.
  • 01:10 - I battle Werner too hard and let Bart get a better line into Rivage. He gets the place back.
  • 01:20 to 03:00 - Werner, Bart and I have a great close battle through sectors two and three.
  • 03:00 - Bart in front isn't able to take Eau Rouge flat out, which also slows down Werner. This allows me to slip by both of them for now.
  • 03:25 to 13:35 - Holding off Bart as hard as I can -- he's obviously quicker so I am being very selective with my lines to close the door. This works out for about 5 laps. Also catching Aki ahead in 2nd by about a second a lap or so.
  • 13:35 to 14:15 - I make a mistake out of Campus, touching the gravel. This takes a few kph off and allows Bart through at the Bus Stop chicane.
  • 15:30 to 17:15 - Bart and Aki battle ahead which allows me to close up on them.
  • 17:15 - Bart takes 2nd place at Les Combes.
  • 17:15 to 20:50 - Bart, Aki, myself and Werner are within 2 seconds of each other this whole time.
  • 20:55 - Bart and Aki have an accident, I get collected and get bumped from 4th to 7th.
  • 33:00 - I pit, maintaining position.
  • 35:40 - I pass Bart while he's in the pits.
  • 40:20 - I start to be able to see Aki on the pit straight which gives me an extra boost.
  • 1:01:20 - Chequered flag, finishing 4th. Pretty happy with this considering the time lost at the incident at 20:55. I managed to make something like 2-3 seconds on Aki, but I needed more like 8 to catch up.
Great race everyone! Thanks a lot @Eugene Abramoff for organising.

@Bobby Pennington

To call me out for "going of track" in this scene is kind of bs.

I mean where am I supposed to go? After spinning and being of track you clearly indicate that you go to the left of the track and last second you change to the right with me closing in at probably about 30kph more than you, giving me no time to react.

And if this is "of track", then sure I was off a couple of times...

ck9a7x1.jpg

How much time did I gain for abusing the tracklimits? I probably lost like 0.1 every single time, because every single time I did it, it was a mistake.

I would say there is not a single part of the track Spa where you could gain time by "cutting".

I find it unfair to call me out for it and I was seriouslly mad about it the last 10mins of the race.

Hope next race is better.

@Bobby Pennington

I mean where am I supposed to go? After spinning and being of track you clearly indicate that you go to the left of the track and last second you change to the right with me closing in at probably about 30kph more than you, giving me no time to react.

ck9a7x1.jpg

How much time did I gain for abusing the tracklimits? I probably lost like 0.1 every single time, because every single time I did it, it was a mistake.

I would say there is not a single part of the track Spa where you could gain time by "cutting".

I find it unfair to call me out for it and I was seriouslly mad about it the last 10mins of the race.

Please read the second post in this thread and tell me that you understand what it means to have two (2) wheels at all times between the white lines. Rules are rules and, whether you agree or not, everyone is equally bound by them.

Please read the second post in this thread and tell me that you understand what it means to have two (2) wheels at all times between the white lines. Rules are rules and, whether you agree or not, everyone is equally bound by them.

I get the rule. But whats the consequence for breaking the rule?
Giving back the time you gained. As i said I did NOT gain time by that so what should I do? Stop the car?

I get the rule. But whats the consequence for breaking the rule?
Giving back the time you gained. As i said I did NOT gain time by that so what should I do? Stop the car?
The consequence is stated in the same point of the second post: a complete lift of the gas if it is safe to do so. It doesn't matter if you gain or not. Again, you may not agree, but this is the rule.

@Bastian93 this is not a personal attack, mind you, just to let anyone know that when they sign up, they are expected to follow the rules.
This race is in the books, let the next one be better.

Last edited:
@Bobby Pennington

I didn't say a thing about you passing me on the right. I made a mistake and then made another one which you luckily avoided. That was entirely my fault. I wanted to give you the left side of the track to enter the next corner. I sincerely apologize.

ck9a7x1.jpg

This is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to track limits. Never mind that Eugene had already said something to you. I watched you go wide when you were behind me, multiple, multiple, multiple times and usually in the same places.......and you were gaining on me. Kept my mouth shut. Then when you were in front of me, you kept doing it and after the 4th time in the same place. IT'S my job to say something. I was just going to leave it there and explain why in a PM where you wouldn't get an official warning. Now that you have called me out in public and told me how you feel. I'll do the same.

You will be getting a warning from me in a PM that is official. The next time you break the rules with regards to track limits, it will be a 2 week ban. You made your bed big boy, now sleep in it.

Thank you for your time and understanding. Have a great rest of the week.

I just want to make a blanket apology to everyone caught up in that incident on lap one on the exit from La Source (pretty much everyone from P8 or P9 back). I had very light contact with @Fernando Deutsch as we were going three wide (I think we just called it a racing incident) since I had a very poor turn exit, and I caused him to spin around and collect most of the field. I know that ruined a lot of races, and I think that's what caused so many to leave early. Sorry guys.

@Eugene Abramoff @Florian Neuberger: I had a lot of fun racing you guys for the first laps. Very clean an intense racing, until i went of in Eau Rouge. Note to myselft: Try not to sneeze while going through Eau Rouge :whistling:
Luckily i was able to catch up to you guys again and had a blast fighting again. There where a few moments where i almost s**t my pants, but it was fun :D
@Eugene Abramoff My respect to you for being that fast the first few laps with that much fuel. :thumbsup:
@CptAsian I watched that accident from behind and it most definitely was a racing incident! There was not much you could have done to avoid it. I was very lucky to get trough that unharmed :confused:

Just one last thing regarding the "off track incidents": I don't think anyone was cutting and gaining time on purpose! I can understand both sides and i think in the heat of the battle everyone was pushing to the limit and often over the limit. I have to admit, i did it a few times myself and i payed for it :thumbsdown: But i don't think it should be "discussed" in that kind of way in this thread. Maybe just meet up in Teamspeak and try to solve the problem.
I am just a little sad, that a fun race ended up in such a disagreement :(

Congrats to the guys upfront and the ones that managed with one set of tires. Can't even imagine how scary Eau Rouge must have been the last few laps :laugh::confused:

Any STracker stats for this one?
Stracker is deactivated due to this new data protection law. If you mean simresults.net: it's not allowed to post them in the event threads for the same reasons lap times aren't discussed.
If nobody sends you a link with his results just pm me and I can provide you with the server results. It will not have lap 1 of the race though sadly. Strange stuff with the server result files :(

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 38 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%