AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 21st June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race, one of my best results in a RD race :thumbsup: could have been even better though, without that unnecessary incident (I mean, you are destroying both my and your race..) ..anyway, that's racing.
Thanks for hosting Chris :thumbsup:

What a race! Again my only practice was little bit before the race, but luckily I knew something about spa, but not with gt3 cars. We had mid-summer holidays in Finland (this time of the year it never gets dark in Finland) and was little bit hangovered :D So mu quali-run was so **** and I started from P19 and I think my lap times in race was the same than in quali :D So I’m verry happy with P9. It was so intense race with @Spilskinanka @marek2209 @FischBoB, and I was in P6 but some of you went with one set of tires and I had to chase you down. I was pushing it so bad that I would get Marek, and then I hit into the wall and dropped back to P10. Thanks guys and see ya next week on ****!

Yeah, I went for a "add only a few litres fuel" pit stop strategy. I'm not quite sure if it was faster than a 2x soft and half/half fuel strategy, but this time it seemed to work.. somehow :D

We had a nice battle, yes. Don't remember if I spun, or if i miss shifted, but it was a good half a lap, with some door to door action also

I might search for the used market also. Any particular websites to look to?
I've had 2 T300's fail due to overheating, with one of them actually shooting some big sparks and catching on fire.
Used a T500 for a little while and this stayed a lot cooler. I believe this is because it uses an external powerbrick, rather than having the PSU inside of the wheelbase as it is on the T300 and TX. As far as I know, the TS-XW and TS-PC wheels also use an external powerbrick.

However, keep in mind that it's easily 35 degrees in my room during the summer, this of course won't really help with overheating either.

I've had 2 T300's fail due to overheating, with one of them actually shooting some big sparks and catching on fire.
Used a T500 for a little while and this stayed a lot cooler. I believe this is because it uses an external powerbrick, rather than having the PSU inside of the wheelbase as it is on the T300 and TX. As far as I know, the TS-XW and TS-PC wheels also use an external powerbrick.

However, keep in mind that it's easily 35 degrees in my room during the summer, this of course won't really help with overheating either.

I use a T300, and one thing they added a couple of years ago in the firmware is the ability to always have the cooling on max (Mode + ST). Not a great solution, but it works. :)

Thanks everyone for the clean racing and coming out this week! Next week we'd love to see you back at the home of the Petit Le Mans, Road Atlanta!

Bucharest is not oblivious of this temps :laugh: sometimes we get a week with 36-38C in a row, although the last 2 summers were a little bit cooler. I will see if I can find a T500 or a TS model.

What's the difference between XW and PC? They have so many models ... Is PC only for PC?

Bucharest is not oblivious of this temps :laugh: sometimes we get a week with 36-38C in a row, although the last 2 summers were a little bit cooler. I will see if I can find a T500 or a TS model.

What's the difference between XW and PC? They have so many models ... Is PC only for PC?
Yeah, I think that's the only difference.

No difference between the TS-PC and TS-XW for PC use in terms of internals. The TS-PC is however not compatible with Xbox, if that's a thing that's relevant to you. I'd just get the cheaper one if not.

Prices have really been skyrocketing lately, I don't know if there are any sites like EBay in your country but at the moment second hand equipment seems like the best option

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%