AC GT3 @ VIR - Sunday 14th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Brian, if this was a part of a series of championship points races, I would treat VIR as a survival race, grab as many points as possible. :roflmao: :roflmao:

This circuit really shows the skill of the front runners, I will be lucky to be within 3 seconds of the fast guys. ( I meant "very" lucky )

Yes, I tried the Labo for 3 laps, quickly chose the Nissan as my last bastion of hope.:roflmao:

Brian, if this was a part of a series of championship points races, I would treat VIR as a survival race, grab as many points as possible. :roflmao: :roflmao:

This circuit really shows the skill of the front runners, I will be lucky to be within 3 seconds of the fast guys. ( I meant "very" lucky )

Yes, I tried the Labo for 3 laps, quickly chose the Nissan as my last bastion of hope.:roflmao:

I decided valentines day would be an easier battle, going to take a break for a week :) Earlier in the week I had a quick go in the lambo for the craic before switching to the bimmer for a while. I'll post the setup i ended up with. I found it fairly stable considering the track is like a rally stage for the most part. Like you explain, I was about 5 or 6 seconds of alien times. T3(T4/left hook on the map) and the last corner were the only ones where it really want to break free at the back.

Last edited:
Thanks brian, will stick with the Nissan, I remember last year you gave me a lot of problems in the Z4. :roflmao:

It's interesting I can't drive the z4 on my old setups at all. Mainly its running 60/ diff power and using alot of accelerator to steer the car. It's a driving style that I couldn't get to work with the 488. The race 21 setup would be closer to that smoother approach with only 10/ diff power.

Last edited:
It is a very difficult circuit, I would look for keeping on the track to get a good placing.
The faster guys really have to risk a lot every lap to maintain a high speed and hence fast lap times.
Unfortunately the faster they are the less likely of an off, life is so unfair. :roflmao: :roflmao:
If you come off at the last corner and get red tyres down by the trees it's really difficult to get back up the grassy slope.
Are there also tyre barriers that you cannot get out of? Or is that a different track?

A question to the setup guys. What to do if a car gets very light under braking. I started with my Imola setup and in section T10 to T12 it's very easy to lose the rear under braking. Which knob would you turn fist? Aero? Dampers? ARB?

A question to the setup guys. What to do if a car gets very light under braking. I started with my Imola setup and in section T10 to T12 it's very easy to lose the rear under braking. Which knob would you turn fist? Aero? Dampers? ARB?
Coast diff is my go to.
Rear wing probably gives the best stability but costs time.

If that doest work I would put the brake bias forward or the front arb a click higher.

If that feels.. Weird, I would make the front spring a click stiffer.
You could also try to stiffen the front slow bump dampers to make the car dip slower at the front.

It all depends on how the changes feel throughout the lap. That would be my testing order though :)

I've been so close to 1:49. I don't know if I can make the race this weekend. Is it always at UTC 20:00? For me UTC 19:00 is easier.

Last edited:
I've been so close to 1:49. I don't know if I can make the race this weekend. Is it always at UTC 20:00? For me UTC 19:00 is easier.
Would be easier for about half the grid, for the other half not :roflmao:
Most rd hosts are located in the UK so the event starts after dinner and they still get enough sleep for a 9 to 5 job on Monday.
I'm only racing on Sundays because I can start Monday morning in my Pyjama or even in bed via phone :p:sleep:
I'm +1 in Germany and can't sleep right after the event... Normally going to bed at 22:30. On Sundays it's more about 01:00 :D

:roflmao: Thought I was alone in that Rasmus, I usually make to 01:00 with
eyes like saucer plates.

E6DC73E9-19BC-428F-9F32-ECE34168C63B.jpeg

:roflmao::roflmao:

T10, T11, and T12 all have something in common: they're high speed, heavy trailbraking corners with elevation changes. Without seeing a video it's hard to be sure, but I would suspect if you're only having problems at that point of the lap it means it's agitated by the elevation and car pitch changes, so you may be stalling the aero and would benefit from adjusting the ride height.

I also agree with @RasmusP, you might also be able to compromise by increasing the coast locking, with the caveat that it might hurt you in some of the slower corners. What will help all depends on in which way the car goes "light" there -- eg. whether it's roll, aero, or mechanically induced.

Last edited:
Hello folks, I'm sorry but I still have to find the time to practice and besides not knowing VIR very well, my elder son is graduating on Tuesday so tomorrow we will be preparing the house for the occasion, which in turn means no time to practice also tomorrow. I thought I would have been able to finish earlier but the job gave me no time this week.
I'm not a fast guy and I don't know the track so I see myself spinning or cutting every corner, I'd be a pain the rear for everybody instead of enjoying the race as it should be, even as a back marker.
Therefore I decided to give up, I'll enjoy the replays and the usual VR from @Chris Down or if anybody is streaming I'll gladly watch the stream.

So sorry, but I'll see you next week!

Hi,
I keep missing those events and sometimes my heart wants to get back. RD forum is the first community I've joined when I started simracing 2years ago and it's the place where I've learned my basics, and what a nice bunch I've had to learn from: @Chris Down @RasmusP @Medilloni @Kek700 @GEO147 @HF2000 @640er and all the other regulars than made racing enjoyable and useful for learning.

Unfortunately I was really busy lately with work, but also with a Romanian championship in ACC (BMW GT4 with driver swap) that takes place also on Sunday and I really need to practice, because those guys are almost as fast as Chris (if not faster in some areas), and 10 out the first 15 are professional racing drivers. But I did won (because I've scored points) 25% sale at any real driving experience at a local race track, which is good. Now I wait for spring :roflmao:

So because the community here was always so welcoming, I thought it would be nice to let you know why I couldn't and can't join the track for the last and next couple of months.

Hope to find you well when I return as soon as possible. Good luck and enjoy the races.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.2%