AC GT3 @ Zandvoort - Sunday 31st January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It's a hyponotic sort of track. A bit like a bumpy okayama, it has a nice rhythm to it. Its very high tempo in these cars is the only thing.
I remember now that I also raced in the caterham event. Don't remember it being particularly bumpy though, so I'm guessing the caterham handles it better than the 911. Love this track, has a real fluidity to it, but waiting on work to see if I can join in.

Glad someone likes this track.:(

OIP (4).jpg

Er wie kann ich daran teil nehmen? Wollte schon öfters mit fahren
Wir würden uns freuen, Sie zu haben

Die offizielle Sprache hier ist Englisch. Bitte verwenden Sie diese Sprache von nun an.

Zunächst müssen Sie für 13 Euro pro Jahr Premium-Mitglied werden. Dann können Sie in diesem Thread angeben, an welchem Auto Sie teilnehmen möchten. Lesen Sie dann die Regeln im ersten post sorgfältig durch, insbesondere die Ihres echten Namens in Ihrem account.

Last edited:
I think I will switch back to my Nissan GT-R , I have tried my best with the Porsche, I get good times from it, ( for me ) just don’t think I can “pogo stick” this car for 60 minutes at this circuit.

changed my mind.

I have not been able to dial it out with set up.

FB02D217-FB1B-4DE6-B314-74404B88C6E8.png

@Chris Down can you swap me into the GT-r please.:inlove:
changed my mind will stick with the pogo stick.:)

FB02D217-FB1B-4DE6-B314-74404B88C6E8.png

Last edited:
This track is very bumpy, and there's nothing you can do about it, unless you want to drive a road car. I took the mustang GT out there for a few laps, and you don't feel any of the bumps - and i've heard that car has a stiff suspension IRL, so that shows how much difference a race car has.

Take an Abarth 500 around for a few laps just for fun, and a bit of a break xD

Last edited:
I'd like to be in the race but I tried the track and - while I somewhat expected it - I really suck at it. Even after a couple of hours when I got to know it a little bit I was struggling being in the high 1.41 while e.g. I saw @Axel Moebius being in the lows 1.38 :(
It's the perfect digest of what I hate in a track :D twisty, bumpy, narrow.. Not sure yet, also because I don't think I can join every single weekend (due to family duties) so I may very well wait for tracks I love.

As a side note, I switched to PC2 yesterday after the rehearsal in AC, to beat the frustration and even on tracks I used to know very well like the Hockenheim Ring, it was very hard to drive even if I'm using the McLaren also there. Such a different handling, the car was squishy and sliding everywhere :O_o:

I'd like to be in the race but I tried the track and - while I somewhat expected it - I really suck at it. Even after a couple of hours when I got to know it a little bit I was struggling being in the high 1.41 while e.g. I saw @Axel Moebius being in the lows 1.38 :(
It's the perfect digest of what I hate in a track :D twisty, bumpy, narrow.. Not sure yet, also because I don't think I can join every single weekend (due to family duties) so I may very well wait for tracks I love.

As a side note, I switched to PC2 yesterday after the rehearsal in AC, to beat the frustration and even on tracks I used to know very well like the Hockenheim Ring, it was very hard to drive even if I'm using the McLaren also there. Such a different handling, the car was squishy and sliding everywhere :O_o:

Hey there. I've been around for 3 races, but only participated in 1 so far. This will be the fourth. If like me, you are not fully confident about racing, I would suggest a few things: 1 is to keep practicing, but not participate in this race. It will come around again, and we race every Sunday. Another thing to do which I've started to get to grips with a track: play offline in a slower car with a similar configuration (FF, FR, MR, etc.)

It's one way to learn the driving lines, and nature of the track before taking it at 100% in a GT3 car. I'll be around the back with you in future :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%