AC GT4 @ Bikernieki and Okayama Wed. March 13th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm not new, not young, I'm just not fast anymore. I did lap @churchlady last event and I bet @newbert as well. I'm sure they will both be up to speed soon and passing me by.

I won't be racing tonight, I'm out to dinner and some drinks and a few more with a friend. I'll be around when I can but this US stuff really gets in the way of my drinking.

Not supposed to post lap times? First I've heard of that! It's not like anyone with access to Google can go and find out for themselves, anyway. Wow. Anyway, hey @churchlady and @newbert , let Dennis go drinking and we'll go have some fun tonight. Bikernieki HS is a ton of fun, and Okayama always has a great Super GT race. I'm not THAT worried about my lap times at this point. It was just a casual observation.

I may not make it tonight, guys. My simming PC (not this one) is going thru a Windows 10 update and is running really slow (or not at all) at the moment. :mad:

Sorry, Guys. After I couldn't connect to Bikerniecki, I tried connecting to the Okoyama Race Server (while you guys were racing at Biker....) Same problem - couldn't connect - race cancelled - game crashed etc. Shame really, since I got my lap times down by 5 seconds since practicing with Scott over the weekend.

So rather than struggle with my issues and possibly hold you guys up, I packed it in for tonight. I don't know what tonight's Win10 update did, but it may have screwed something up on my PC (It boots up pretty slowly now....). I'll run a full virus scan, etc and hopefully have this ironed out by next week.

Hope you had a good one (actually two good ones...)

Bert

@newbert Bummer, we have yet to race together!

I have never drove on Okayama so didn't feel comfortable trying to race on it. Also, my limit in VR was getting there, so I didn't want to push it.

Thanks everyone and have a good night!

That was some really great racing tonight! The best thing was there were many battles going on for various positions...a little something for everyone I think, hopefully we'll have an even bigger turnout next time. Plus, I learned about a great new track in the process (Bikernieki); best fun I've had in an RD race in awhile :thumbsup:...I'll have to work on my Porsche skills if that's next week, but I'll definitely be back.

The only wish I have would be using an actual server in the US if possible, since it's being held for racers over here in the Americas after all...harder to race close and cleanly when pings are approaching 200 or more for some of us. Still glad to have night/evening races though, so thanks @scottiedawg66 for taking on the challenge!

Yeah, I agree, some great racing last night. Didn't get many laps on bikerneiki, so wasn't so smooth on the track but still had cars around to race with The race at okayami was a race long nose to tail run with Keith who I could never get enough of a run on to attempt a pass. I'd make a small mistake and lose a few tenths and then have to work my way back to his bumper. Even being towards mid to rear of the field it was a fun race.

Glad to hear that you guys had such good racing last night and I'm sorry I missed it due to technical difficulties.

This morning, I did a little digging into my system and found something strange about my AC installation. Just wondering whether anyone has ever seen anything like this and/or has any suggestions to deal with it?

Thanks!

Perhaps a steam integrity check is a good next step @newbert. You will need to re install all sound mods, and I think sol and shaders if you go that route. Do. A little research but that has helped me in the past with this issue.

Glad to hear that you guys had such good racing last night and I'm sorry I missed it due to technical difficulties.

This morning, I did a little digging into my system and found something strange about my AC installation. Just wondering whether anyone has ever seen anything like this and/or has any suggestions to deal with it?

Thanks!

You can't do a file integrity check like @scottiedawg66 suggested since it's not installed. I just tried on an uninstalled steam game; the files may be there but steam doesn't have it registered as installed. Check to make sure Steam still has your SteamLibrary folder or folders added.

If it's there, then try the install...installing it SHOULDN'T delete any track or car mods...they typically just write new files in or overwrite old files with the same name.

That said, anything that messes with core files for AC should be reinstalled like Scott said.

I'm re-installing AC as we speak, errr....type. (fingers crossed)
It appears that this was indeed the problem (corrupted AC files). I was able to join the server of the EU Race practice a few minutes ago, so I assume that I'm good to go now (hopefully).

Scott, when do you think you'll have the practice server up for next Wednesday's race OR the server for LA Canyons social?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back