AC GT4 @ Bikernieki and Okayama Wed. March 13th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the recommendation, Jordan. Can you explain why I should set my damper to 0 and don't use LUT in CM? I followed the instructions on a YouTube video to setup my LUT profile. If I don't use LUT, what should I use then?
Dont really know but after some read. everybody use 0 so i think its good.
See this :
https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocor...to_corsa_thrustmaster_t300_rs_settings_guide/
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-thrustmaster-t300-settings.132592/

Many different style... You need to try my friend!

Porsche. Never heard of Bikernieki until yesterday. Cool track. This layout, I'm assuming?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 108
Saw you on the server, didn't realise you're the host! Sign me up please with the Ginetta, thanks.

Hey Scott, sign me in please with the Ginnetta. Thanks and maybe we can figure out a way to be faster than @johndough247 (aka Brandon) by then, although that seems unlikely:confused:

Kind words...I really like the way the Ginetta feels from the base setup so I took to it quickly, but I'm actually a back-marker or midfield at best compared to most of the guys I've raced with on RD (Sunday's GT3 race was a testament to that :roflmao:)...I know Okayama pretty well, but I'm sure some of the more alien guys here will be 2 to 4 seconds faster somehow.

The key to this thing is to not let being slow deter you from trying (there's always someone potentially faster)...even when you're last, being lapped and you got some damage, still try to finish the race...I've been noticing with doing these RD races that I'm slowly getting faster compared to the top guys, even on tracks I didn't know in advance. Several races I'd qualify close to last, but on Sunday I managed a midfield position....my pit strategy and a lapse in focus ruined my chances to keep that position, but I kept going the whole hour (which is a challenge in itself racing consistently for 60 minutes!)...persistence and learning from your mistakes is key. :thumbsup:

My point was, one is not supposed to post about laptimes for the event as it discourages people from entering. This rule is common across all the RD Clubs.

All I can say is that for the past several years, in probably 90% of the events I've attended, I am the last man finishing.

@bo1210 @Dennis Phelan @churchlady @newbert
Guys Dont worry when I begins racing I was at 90 whit the IA.... I'll said to me tons of time I suck and I will never be fast... Now I run Ia at 100 and find they are slow...
Racing and Sim racing is like many sport... If you want to be fast and not make error, you need to learn and pratice. Not 2 or 3 hours ;)

Start by going slowly and keep the cars on track. Watch videos and look for apex and breaking zone first

My point was, one is not supposed to post about laptimes for the event as it discourages people from entering. This rule is common across all the RD Clubs.

All I can say is that for the past several years, in probably 90% of the events I've attended, I am the last man finishing.

@Dennis Phelan, I literally started online racing with this group two weeks ago (all of two races). My goal is really just trying to keep my car on the track (not very successful so far :D). Others were lapping me last time. This group has some really seasoned/fast drivers but so far they are very nice, helpful, and inclusive to the slower bunch. To me (pretty sure what @scottiedawg66 intended), this is a casual/social gathering to get the US online racing started back up and beginners like me to participate. The goal is to have fun, meet other enthusiasts, and learn from each other.

Come join us. @newbert and I need some company ;) but I am pretty sure you will most likely leave us behind in your rearview mirror.

If I am expected to sensor members and run these events like a dictator than perhaps I am not the right guy for the job. We have had good attendance each week and are growing attendance as we figure out what format we want to run. There are people of all skills racing these events as you can see. If you wanted to come out and have fun you would have people to race with.

You have been around for a long time and know way more about racedepartment than I do. If you want to step up and run events I am sure it would be welcomed. Its a bummer that I can only run 1 night per week but I have a young family, a very busy wife and 50 hours a week of work myself.

It would make a lot of sense to have a host in the EST in addition to PST, like me, as an event at 6pm PST requires me to get the "night off" from my family.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 57 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%