ACC GTC Sprint race @ Donington - Mon 27th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
For me the only car which stays on the track is the Lamborghini Huracan ST EVO 2.
After 13 rounds I ended up with 1:29.997 (<1:30 was the goal).

I know, it's all about driving skills but I love the M4... :)

AC2-Win64-Shipping_2023.03.23-18.18_1.jpg

I don't own any of the DLC's for these cars or the track yet.
Have been itching to try out the Porsche, as I'm a no TC lover, but have no clue if I can keep it on the black stuff.

My knowledge of British tracks is a bit limited, and even though I've heard great things, I couldn't pick Donington out on a line up of track layouts!

My presence at the event will depend on the amount of practice I will be able to get during the weekend.

Will confirm on Sunday. Posting here mostly to keep the conversation going and see what comes out of this little race!

I forgot it was Thursday which is my IL-2 Squadron training day. I had a quick go at the Lambo, just on the Aggressive setup, I got a 1:35:20 as my best of about 4 laps, before I stopped. 1:35.16 was my best in the 992 after about 20 laps.

I have changed my seat as well for a nice shiny Sparco Gp that I got dead cheap off ebay, and it has raised my driving position, which means I now need to move my steering wheel onto my motion platform, or suffer crushed thighs, which means I didnt have much of comfortable time while driving.

I'm currently remedying that by making a bracket to bolt my wheel to my rig, meaning everything is now (will be, pedals already attached) attached to my seat mover, that should happen sometime over the weekend, I should be able to get quicker once I'm done, and I will let you know the results.

Oh and I shot down a P-38 in Combat Box Server in Il-2 during our flyout which was very satisfying. Ripped the wing off with some 20mm.

Last edited:
I don't own any of the DLC's for these cars or the track yet.
Have been itching to try out the Porsche, as I'm a no TC lover, but have no clue if I can keep it on the black stuff.

My knowledge of British tracks is a bit limited, and even though I've heard great things, I couldn't pick Donington out on a line up of track layouts!

My presence at the event will depend on the amount of practice I will be able to get during the weekend.

Will confirm on Sunday. Posting here mostly to keep the conversation going and see what comes out of this little race!
I think the last time I raced Donington would be back in 1998 in a Primera on TOCA 2 on PS1.
Last time I was at Donington, would have been Monsters of Rock 1996, when I saw KISS headlining. They've taken the Dunlop bridge I sat under down since then.
Love Donington, great track.

Last edited:
I just bought the 2 DLC's (track and cars) and grinded out a session on the new Porsche.
Was curious to try it for a while now and it didn't disapoint.

Best I could do was a 1:30:790 after around 30 laps. I believe I know where I could make more time, let's see if I can get a bit more practice on the weekend.

I just bought the 2 DLC's (track and cars) and grinded out a session on the new Porsche.
Was curious to try it for a while now and it didn't disapoint.

Best I could do was a 1:30:790 after around 30 laps. I believe I know where I could make more time, let's see if I can get a bit more practice on the weekend.
It's a great car, easy to over do it but rewarding when you get it right.

Finding the server
Check you have the filter at the top of the server list set to all not just GT3 as you won't see the server.

Tyre pressures / temps at the start of a session
Just a heads up that some of these cars don't appear to have tyre warmers so when you start a session the PSI will be really low and the temperatures will be rock bottom.

Take it easy on the first couple of laps until pressures build to normal.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back