AC GTE @ Daytona - Sunday 12th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@dbx71

I only quickly knocked it up, to compare it to the M3, as a fair comparison
loving this set up ernie. thanks! works like a charm. car is smooth and stable. i like that i can drop into 1st around the slow hairpins to get a little more bite when accelerating out.
interesting that you dropped the psi at rear right tire but that seems understandable since that tire gets loaded up on the oval turns.
thanks again, i'm going to stick with this.

No problem! As long as you let me know before sunday afternoon euro time, it's fine.

Are you increasing the bias number? You can also increase diff coast. Go a click lower and softer at the rear too. Rear camber could be off.

Kunos car setups, for me anyway, are nearly always really poor, with a big issue such as the one you describe. The odd one feels ok, but you are usually best off searching past events on here for a setup, and starting with one of those.
ok, i'm sticking with the corvette! 00 livery please. warming up to this car now. thx.

Track limits. Markings here a bit unusual. Could do with a few cones here and there :)

A gentlemans agreement, 2 wheels inside the white line as usual;

For the double yellow line- 2 wheels inside the outermost yellow line at all times.
Entry to Bustop - 2 wheel inside outer yellow line until after the 100 footyards marker.
Busstop chicane. Yellow lines are behind the kerb, so it is what it is. Just stay 2 wheels inside that single yellow line at the back the kerb.

Track limits. Markings here a bit unusual. Could do with a few cones here and there :)

A gentlemans agreement, 2 wheels inside the white line as usual;

For the double yellow line- 2 wheels inside the outermost yellow line at all times.
Entry to Bustop - 2 wheel inside outer yellow line until after the 100 footyards marker.
Busstop chicane. Yellow lines are behind the kerb, so it is what it is. Just stay 2 wheels inside that single yellow line at the back the kerb.
pardon (and disregard) the low lap time i posted on the server earlier... it was not a legitimate lap, as i careened wildly through the le mans chicane. i'll make more of an effort to stay within the stated track limits... overly eager rookie here...

pardon (and disregard) the low lap time i posted on the server earlier... it was not a legitimate lap, as i careened wildly through the le mans chicane. i'll make more of an effort to stay within the stated track limits... overly eager rookie here...

No worries Dominic :) I only seen your chat messages after you left. Made me think!

I would not be overly fussy about the bus stop limits, my best times have always been when I have got the bus stop well within the limits, in fact with these cars you can get yourself into trouble with hitting that bus stop exit incorrectly. it certainly will affect each type of car differently.
As for the entry, the same applies, admittedly without causing the car any problems, but will then get yourself into all sorts of difficulties to then try and compensate on the exit.

Signed up w/livery :)

Also don't forget, these tires change a bit slow. And at least with the Vette, my tire app shows you could get away with a 1hr stint on mediums and maybe not even get into "low grip" territory.

Not sure what's faster, 2 sets of sorts or 1 medium, but it seems some strategy could come into play :coffee:

Signed up w/livery :)

Super! I can see the sign-ups update into the entry list too :geek:

So the plan, and will be going forward, I'll leave the sign-up/livery selection open until Saturday night/Sunday lunchtime. I'll need to lock it up then so I can add the ballast and restrictor to each car(you add it to the driver really). Folks can still sign up on sundays, but will need to post here in the race threads. You'll know it's that time when the register button is gone from the event over on ACSM!

Last edited:
So what did you all prioritize in setup? Going to have a go and see what I can figure out. Shame it's not easy to translate a setup from AMS2 in this case haha ;)

I think whatever I do it will be a compromise between the oval and road track.

Oh how I wish we had some Group C madness here :D

So what did you all prioritize in setup? Going to have a go and see what I can figure out. Shame it's not easy to translate a setup from AMS2 in this case haha ;)

I think whatever I do it will be a compromise between the oval and road track.

Oh how I wish we had some Group C madness here :D

You have real dilemma here, you want no wing for the straights, some front and rear wing for the bus stop, especially with good front and rear balance with front end bite.
Then you want good amount of wing front and rear for the first corner. That is well balanced for the first bend with 180 mph approach, sharp turn in, heavy braking, well balanced suspension movement and perfect brake balance that takes a lifted rear that is pulling roll and right hand “G” ,this is the most important corner.
Easy It ain't.:roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%