AC GTE / GT2 @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 18th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Race 2 was a lot of fun. Great battle, @Kek700 :thumbsup:

I also saw @Medilloni's anti-slipstream technology in person and would like to invest :roflmao: He says he was trying to be nice, but I'm suspicious... just kidding :p

PlainRecklessBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I can't believe I messed up big time.

Regarding the first lap incident, when I was up the hill, aki turned sharply to the left, but then he corrected to leave me space, but I have steered already a bit more, mounted the curb and went I was ...

Some pictures thou:
View attachment 356163View attachment 356164View attachment 356165View attachment 356166View attachment 356167
:roflmao: :laugh: thanks for that Raresch, I was the one going underneath you, I actually ducked in my seat... and I don't have VR:laugh:

I hope you, and everyone else enjoyed tonight buddy, these events are for fun, yes, sometimes we might get a bit serious 'in the moment', though fun's the name of the game;)

HUGE thanks to all for making it tonight, great racing from everyone - and congrats to the podium guys!

Really enjoyed the climb back from the 1st race accident, thanks so much guys for the super fair racing:thumbsup:

2nd race was a fine demonstration of my waning attention span:laugh: ...totally knackered after the first race, trying to keep up with @Aksu (obviously humouring me:laugh:) and keep @Chris Down at bay became my mission, then like Cinderella my concentration disappeared at midnight after 1 and a half races - my glasses actually steamed up with the effort ffs:roflmao:.

Thanks for the fun last couple of laps Chris, I felt really guilty when I moved over to give the place back, I should have said something on TS not :whistling::p

Really liked the BOP, put me on the back foot, other wise it would have been, well, clinically boring, ran softs to spice it up a bit to. ( your always on the back foot you silly old sod ):cautious:
Most impressed with @Chris Down , so fair, :thumbsup: made it an inevitable but enjoyable mind game.
Yes It was inevitable, he was obviously quicker and my tyres were going off fast
plus he had a lot of speed on me on the long straight, there was little I could really do, but I tried. I was at the point were I really needed to back off to get the cars soft tyre to the end.
He went by and I eventually backed off, John very kindly gave me his place at the finish line:) what a kind lad he is.:thumbsup:
Great event @Medilloni, repeating my self again, shame there was not more people!
Good battle in the first race with George and eventually a fast closing John plus Patrick was just to quick eventually pulling away.:)

I was watching you hold Chris off for lap after lap Ernie. Was masterful. He was so patient too. Great to watch.
I enjoyed it while I lasted. Race 1 was grand just didn't have the overall pace. Then 2nd race I binned it again, very annoying. Was blocking the road with severely overheated rears and my keyboard wouldn't respond to the escape key. A common USB issue with the new x570 boards that no9ne seems to.openly discuss. So stressful.

Will post a comment about my race tomorrow maybe, now I just want to say sorry to @Raresch for hitting him in race 2. I hope you did just spin and didn't hit the wall:unsure:
I didn't hit the wall. I stopped in time. At least that. Funny how every time I've hit someone yesterday, I spun and they had nothing, but when I get I am projected straight to a collision course ... But, well, I just have to learn how to race in a crowd. I have to do more races with AI and less races for the "perfect setup" or for the "best lap time"

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back