GTL Troubleshooting Thread

Brian Harlow
Hi Brain
this is where setup will go
F:\SimBin\GTL\GTlegends\UserData\Rupe Wilson\Settings(in here you will see a list of tracks just pop them in the track of choice) if you dont see the track you want to put them in go ingame and save any set up even a default one whilst on the track of choice.it will then make the track folder for setups.
for steam they will go
F:\steam\steamapps\common\GTlegends\UserData\Rupe Wilson\Settings

Brian Harlow.
The other thing you need to do if you have not already is to make a game profile with your name
Brain Harlow, for the club races..
you can then use any name when doing the online bit as it only uses your profile name inside the the server
so the tiny tim detail will still work they dont have to match. inside your plr file you will see the details used for online thats your username and password.
F:\steam\steamapps\common\GTlegends\UserData\profile name\plr
your profile name should read Brain Harlow after youve made it.
the plr file give is what you can mod a little to get other things that the game doesn't always allow through it control panel.

here is a moded plr file for you Brain
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/115891207/Brain Harlow.rar
if you open it up and compare with yours you will see what weve changed to get the manual pits for example..
if need be you can just cut and paste what you need .. take a copy of yours so if you make a mistake you dont destroy a good one you can always replace if it goes wrong

in this part you will just need to put your password and user name to get online .. this is the bit you do to register
Online Server="GTL_SERVER.txt"
Online UserName=""
Online Password=""
this is about half way down your plr file

just post and i can come on t/speak and talk you through it..:)

Interesting problem. Small, but unusual.
When I start driving away from the garage, the movement speeds up and slows down repeatedly. It's like the car accelerates momentarily, then slows , then accelerates, etc, etc. It's not very noticeable, but annoying. It does this the whole time I'n on the track. Ideas, anyone?

Try to make a new profile, see if it happens there also..:)
new profile the same, fresh .plr file nothing changed.
very very very strange, sometimes is all fine and when i exit a corner and press acc, it starts recalibrating and acc is jamed until re calibration is finished. same with brake or clutch. random- radom...when i set buttons it recalibrates non-stop

prepared but not prepared - have more then 1hour since i am strugling with my g27.
when ever i press one of the pedals it starts re-calibrating(99%) of the time.
new profile the same, fresh .plr file nothing changed.
very very very strange, sometimes is all fine and when i exit a corner and press acc, it starts recalibrating and acc is jamed until re calibration is finished. same with brake or clutch. random- radom...when i set buttons it recalibrates non-stop
i give up,do not want to cause a mess.hope there is a solution
thank you and i am sorry
Tried a different USB port? Power issues perhaps.

It may be a brand new wheel, but you have used the latest drivers and software for the wheel.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/g27-racing-wheel?osid=14&bit=64&crid=411

i have never seen this problem before ...
so its best to start back at the begining.
if your sure your wheel is ok then look at the sim maybe make a new install and try again..
dont install or do any thing just make a profile and test to make sure all is ok.. then add the cheat and other plr changes.. you desire .. but check after you do these things to make sure its ok...
make sure all leads are plugged in firmly... its all trial and error....

Interesting problem. Small, but unusual.
When I start driving away from the garage, the movement speeds up and slows down repeatedly. It's like the car accelerates momentarily, then slows , then accelerates, etc, etc. It's not very noticeable, but annoying. It does this the whole time I'n on the track. Ideas, anyone?

Any chance you might have the Pit Speed Limiter engaged?

Nope. Checked it both In-Game and in the User Data.

Movement?

Just the car as if your on and off the throttle? In controls when you look at the bars for steering and throttle, brakes and clutch do all your controls work as they should or is the throttle, brake or clutch spiking? (dancing up and down a little when you hold it? This could be dirty pots in your pedals or possible sensitivity of pedals set way too high.

The whole screen as in FPS rising and falling or graphics stutter? All sorts can affect this from detail levels to draw distances, special effects and shadows as well as antivirus scans for example in the background causing stutter.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%