I am more disappointed by the fact that the picture shows a familiar car without a familiar livery. No GTD sticker on the bumper, no Pro or AM sticker, so we might get some random cars from different series, but no full grids? This is what ACC has right. If you are simulating a real race, shouldn’t the other cars on the grid be the actual cars in the series liveries? Or maybe it’s just a “What would happen if you had a Porsche GT3R at a track day at Monza and raced against a Pantera and a McLaren F1?” It wouldn’t matter if they were all flawless cars because the races would be fantasy (well more fantasy than me racing at Le Mans to begin with). That’s my personal peeve, like racing against a fluorescent green Ford GT in PC2. Where did that come from? I want to feel like I am in a real race that would (or did) actually happen. Now that my rant is over, I hope the game is a big success. :thumbsup:

I am more disappointed by the fact that the picture shows a familiar car without a familiar livery. No GTD sticker on the bumper, no Pro or AM sticker, so we might get some random cars from different series, but no full grids? This is what ACC has right. If you are simulating a real race, shouldn’t the other cars on the grid be the actual cars in the series liveries? Or maybe it’s just a “What would happen if you had a Porsche GT3R at a track day at Monza and raced against a Pantera and a McLaren F1?” It wouldn’t matter if they were all flawless cars because the races would be fantasy (well more fantasy than me racing at Le Mans to begin with). That’s my personal peeve, like racing against a fluorescent green Ford GT in PC2. Where did that come from? I want to feel like I am in a real race that would (or did) actually happen. Now that my rant is over, I hope the game is a big success. :thumbsup:
You got all that from one promo pic? Hmmm.

After all, i have only one question, about this GTRFiles game (The Truth is out there) who is the driver behind the helmet in the right mirror ?

Vaporware
(In the computer industry, vaporware (or vapourware) is a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually manufactured nor officially cancelled)

This is what it says on Simbin's official Twitter account. "Simbin Studios UK is a newly formed English game developer committed to the creation of realistic racing experiences." How are you going to claim you want to create realistic racing experiences, while saying your title will not be a serious sim. Lol at the 5 month long silence as well lol. Vaporware until they prove us all wrong

This is what it says on Simbin's official Twitter account. "Simbin Studios UK is a newly formed English game developer committed to the creation of realistic racing experiences." How are you going to claim you want to create realistic racing experiences, while saying your title will not be a serious sim. Lol at the 5 month long silence as well lol. Vaporware until they prove us all wrong

It's just the twitter-bio, not their businessplan :D

• Deleted member 955978

I did a quick research and found this from 2011 :confused:

Are these guys for real?

Who is working at Simbin/Sector3 now that also had a hand in developing GTR2?

All of the modern sims seem to have sort of an orchestrator or at least a dev that is well known to sim racers as the mastermind or is thought of as the main influence in the direction that their series of sims takes. Stefano, Renato, Mr Bell for example.

Who is that person at Simbin that has been there since at least gtr2 that could give me some confidence in gtr3?

Who is that person at Simbin that has been there since at least gtr2 that could give me some confidence in gtr3?
Physics gurus of original SimBin were Doug Arnao and Mark Reynolds... sadly both are no more here for GTR3 : so do not expect the same kind of physics, could be better...or worse...we will know within few months...

All of the modern sims seem to have sort of an orchestrator or at least a dev that is well known to sim racers as the mastermind or is thought of as the main influence in the direction that their series of sims takes. Stefano, Renato, Mr Bell for example.

Read the last RD interview

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

The head of Simbin is (or was then) Chris Speed. He says "R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."

I hope this gives you the confidence you are looking for.

I'm probably the oldest SimBin/Sector3 member now. Started with SimBin in February 2007 and therefore I wasn't involved in GTR2 development at all ;)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 51 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%