What a stupid question to ask.. games take time to make... Simbin are only a small company compared to the guys who make F1 2010 and GT5, so they don't have the resources that they have - so progress is slower. I don't expect the game to be out before 2011.

Plus its to our benefit its a small company and hopefully they will stay a small company. As soon as they grow big they will go for the mainstream and before you know simbin is on the arcade level of EA and CM. Meanwhile im having fun bigtime with GTR2 and the Race 07 series.

What a stupid question to ask.. games take time to make... Simbin are only a small company compared to the guys who make F1 2010 and GT5, so they don't have the resources that they have - so progress is slower. I don't expect the game to be out before 2011.

Don't agree really. You only need one person to provide information, not a big team.

Its quite easy to communicate that there will be no information coming until the game is ready to be revealed and people can move on.

Now they have released one screenshot more than a year ago and no information ever since. I do understand gregman's question.

We don't officially know if the game is alive or dead unless they release an official statement about the status. As far as I know they haven't released any news regarding the title.

Officially its not even announced as "GTR3" in the press release of last year. Thats something we all assumed it will be called :)

Technically it should be GTR 4 if you count GTR Evolution as a GTR game.

We don't officially know if the game is alive or dead unless they release an official statement about the status. As far as I know they haven't released any news regarding the title.

Officially its not even announced as "GTR3" in the press release of last year. Thats something we all assumed it will be called :)

Technically it should be GTR 4 if you count GTR Evolution as a GTR game.

I wonder...as i understand Simbin is finishing the Race07 series (including GTR EVO) with their last 5 add on packs. Next to the Race 07 serie they have started Raceroom for being a online race experience. I guess GTR3 will be a GTR2 upgrade...

looks interesting

I found this on steam forum....
Hi SumoSniper,

RACE 07 still retains a very large online following. A quick glance at the RACE 07 lobby shows 265 online servers. With the exception of the four RaceRoom servers, they are all hosted by private racing communities.

The recent expansions along with various fixes and a few new features are part of a response to requests made by numerous community members.

From a press release in March:

Quote:
“Race07 was a milestone in SimBins racing history. The game has an active community of more than half a million gamers worldwide. The release of these five final expansion packs is a tribute to our fans and marks at the same time the end of our old racing engine. Besides concluding the RACE 07 saga, SimBin is currently developing a much anticipated title based on its brand new engine, much more about this will be announced later this year. Now its time to say thank you to our RACE07 community, so we hope you will enjoy the new content as it is based upon your feedback and wish list.” comments Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios AB.
There are two separate development teams working behind the scenes. One is supporting the still lively RACE 07 community. The other is working very hard on a new and exciting game built on a brand new engine.

I guarantee that nobody at SimBin Studios is resting.
smile.gif
There will be more news coming about the new title this year. For now though my lips are sealed.

Whats the interesting part? They have been working on the new title they cant say anything about (then why post this constantly lol) since the announcement of the new game i may hope.

The press release said a new GTR title is coming in 2011 so yes I hope they have some news this year :D

you will enjoy the new content as it is based upon your feedback and wish list

Biggest nonsense quote of the year :)

We've never asked for the same content to be released over and over again. We've asked for bugfixes since the early release of RACE 07. Highest on the wishlists besides to the bugfixes were nightracing, working headlights etc etc.

Not sure which wishlists they have been reading but certainly not the ones that have been posted here for the last couple of years :D

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 473 70.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 286 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 309 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 137 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.9%
Back