How powerful will the new xbox be, maybe the same as the average pc gamers rig

The next PS & Xbox may be quite powerful on release but 2 years down the line it will still be the same piece of kit as it was when released, churning out exactly the same games as when released, no new effects, no new graphics etc, in the same time frame a PC will have doubled or quadrupled in performance and games will have moved on too. The only thing in my kit that is as old as a PS3 are my speakers.

I still find it amazing that people will pay more for console games when they're actually getting less for their money, SUCKER springs to mind but it also explains why all the games companies embrace that market.

I still find it amazing that people will pay more for console games when they're actually getting less for their money, SUCKER springs to mind

I think the trend is people buy a laptop for non gaming and a console for games......and to some degree, some people are silly enough to try and play PC games on their laptop, which would explain why Bioshock2/FOVegas/F1 2010 and presumably others went backwards on GFX and phyx.

Lets assume that you are right David, then i don't understand why game developers still ignore cloud gaming solutions such as OnLive where you can stream the coolest games directly to an ancient laptop and it works fine :) (no fancy gfx cards, and tons of RAM needed)

I think the trend is people buy a laptop for non gaming and a console for games......and to some degree, some people are silly enough to try and play PC games on their laptop, which would explain why Bioshock2/FOVegas/F1 2010 and presumably others went backwards on GFX and phyx.

Good point, I see no end of people in PCW and elsewhere buying laptops thinking they have a bargain for £200-£300 and then they get home and realise it will barely run Windows let alone a game.

The one and only thing I do like about Consoles is that they just work, you buy a game and you know it will work when you get it home.

a repaly function that DOES'T crash all the time whenever you ffed or rwd it

Proper Lights (like many have said)

A working blue flag system in online play

Visible pit crew working on car (gfx option)

Proper night racing (which isnt really present in the evo series but was in gtr2)

I had a dream last night that GTR3 came out with GFWL with cross platform gameing, But on the plus side they had done everything right for league racing (even down to being able to set the steering device, only wheels or mixed etc..pc only, xbox only.)

No more late night cheese snacks for me.....

Lets assume that you are right David, then i don't understand why game developers still ignore cloud gaming solutions such as OnLive where you can stream the coolest games directly to an ancient laptop and it works fine :) (no fancy gfx cards, and tons of RAM needed)

Because "we" overate the average person/gamers knowledge and willingness to embrace change.
I have a buddy who worked with web design and built his own PC's, but really knew next to nothing about a whole range of things related to the PC/gaming world.

Given enough time, one would hope that GFX and phxs will advance to a point where there's nothing left to focus on but the story and overall quality of the games.....well, at least we can hope, lol.

Good point, I see no end of people in PCW and elsewhere buying laptops thinking they have a bargain for £200-£300 and then they get home and realise it will barely run Windows let alone a game.

The one and only thing I do like about Consoles is that they just work, you buy a game and you know it will work when you get it home.

As I said, many people are downright oblivious and refuse to pay the proper amount for a decent piece of tech.
I don't know where it comes from, but they pop a dollar amount into their head and won't budge, ie, it's $300 or nothing.......trouble is, laptops and cheap PC's are already compromised by the cheapest and slowest parts, plus when you factor in a laptops additional slowness, you really get a frustrating piece of junk.

I remember over hearing my brother and one of his PC mates talking/laughing about the way people buy PC's back in 1994 when these things were anywhere from 5-10k, and after that, I always made sure that my PC's had 3 factors....

1..performance
2..stability
3..compatibility

Most people fail with point1, and suffer the wrath of points 2 and 3....

Every cent spent on a underperforming PC is a waste of money.

RACE Pro had exactly the same physics as in RACE 07. Setup values on the differential was locked for some cars (WTCC BMW) but for the rest I didn't spot any difference to be honest.
thanks
Then I don't understand what the problem is. Race Pro feels pretty good to me with a controller. I just hope all the elitism doesn't hurt Simbin if they choose to release for consoles from now on.

There are a large number of console racers that just cannot afford, or justify buying an expensive PC rig to run large amounts of mods and the latest sims. And while I would agree that PC sims are far better, I just don't have the equipment to do it.

Us console racers have really been suffering for years with all the disappointments from Turn 10, EA and Codemasters. Race Pro is definitely the best thing we have. I'd love to see a ''GTR3'' on the console. Some of the comments towards the start of the thread are very, very ignorant indeed.

A sim, marketed in the right way, with good physics, good visuals (framerate comes first) and good licensed content would make cash on the console.

A BTCC licensed game on the console would make a lot of money here in the UK and parts of Europe. An Aussie V8 license would bring in plenty of cash from Australia and New Zealand. Le Mans' growing popularity could be made advantage of. Why not tap into series like Indycar, which are desperate to get back on the racing map?

There are a large number of console racers that just cannot afford, or justify buying an expensive PC rig to run large amounts of mods and the latest sims. And while I would agree that PC sims are far better, I just don't have the equipment to do it.

Us console racers have really been suffering for years with all the disappointments from Turn 10, EA and Codemasters. Race Pro is definitely the best thing we have. I'd love to see a ''GTR3'' on the console. Some of the comments towards the start of the thread are very, very ignorant indeed.

A sim, marketed in the right way, with good physics, good visuals (framerate comes first) and good licensed content would make cash on the console.

A BTCC licensed game on the console would make a lot of money here in the UK and parts of Europe. An Aussie V8 license would bring in plenty of cash from Australia and New Zealand. Le Mans' growing popularity could be made advantage of. Why not tap into series like Indycar, which are desperate to get back on the racing map?
I think you give me hope in mankind. I guess you omitted DTM because it's not very popular, but I would buy every game you mentioned if they were made with Race Pro "feel". Better quality wouldn't hurt, though.

If Shift 2 had Simbin physics, it would be pretty awesome (Zonda R at Bathurst&?!@#). It's either flash or realism, I'm afraid.

Funnily enough I thought about mentioning DTM... But half the crowd at those races work for Audi or Mercedes!

I actually have rFactor, I love it, especially V8 Factor at Bathurst. It just burns out my damn laptop if i'm on it long enough. I also have GPL, which runs really well.

If Simbin wants a commercial success on the console, they should definitely tap into popular racing series. WTCC doesn't seem to be too popular these days (unless you are from Hungary).

As a younger guy I thought there's no point in consoles because they're only for gaming, now I see otherwise. It's much cheaper to have a console and a basic PC, than constantly upgrading to have a high-end PC. I think racing games could be fine for consoles as soon as there's a decent racing wheel, and we all know the Fanatec wheels are great so I think there's. All other things depend on programming.

Back to the question: I would like to see a Simbin game coming to consoles.

After the S2U fiasco, I no longer give a damn about GFX as far as parting with my money, ie no game will ever get my money if they're half assed nonsense like F1 2010 or S2U.
At least from my POV, GTR3 with new cars and tracks+continuing dedicated servers trumps any shiny POS from codeLOLmasters or SMS.

Don't think that the companies you mentioned are really upset if you dont bring them the money David :) They sell millions of copies anyways :)

A race game with excellent physics only unfortunately doesn't sell to make a proper living. Scaling up the gfx in GTR3 is a good thing imo.

I don't think Shift 2 sold that well, it was trying to sit on two chairs at once and F1 2011 will probably not sell as well as F1 2010. I know I won't be buying it after the random grip physics and mentally unstable AI of the previous one. Looks like Forza is not going to get better either. I'll be playing Race Pro for a long time, sigh/ahah.

Nothing about GTR 3 at e3, then? I'd love some news too.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%