HUmmm, my experience suggests that once a developer stops hyping a planned release of something, it usually means the planned release doesn't exist any more. I could be wrong, but how many games have you seen released where it took everyone by surprise because the developer kept it quiet?

Could just be on a back burner somewhere I suppose, but even if/when Simbin starts talking about it again, it will still be a good year or more out. I just think no talk = no work on the project.

Would be great to see the gtr series with some slightly uprated graphics. I mean the existing graphics have always looked good but when you look at the 360 or ps3 graphics or a high end pc you start to feel a little outdated

I still strongly hope that GTR3 will have the GT1 championship featured. Especially for some of the tracks in the series that we have never seen in racing games before:
- ordos
- beijing

[/hoping mode off]

HUmmm, my experience suggests that once a developer stops hyping a planned release of something, it usually means the planned release doesn't exist any more. I could be wrong, but how many games have you seen released where it took everyone by surprise because the developer kept it quiet?

Could just be on a back burner somewhere I suppose, but even if/when Simbin starts talking about it again, it will still be a good year or more out. I just think no talk = no work on the project.

I think that's where simbin is different than the rest of the software companies. They don't throw much hype out there. I think when they are a month away from release then you will start to hear some hype. Simbin employees have stated in the race room forum that they ARE working on the project.

If SimBin decide to go back into console games, I think SimBin should (a) self publish and (b) make their games downloads via Xbox Live (and the PS Store) to cut down costs.

The 2GB limit for downloads on Live should be large enough to at least have a "core" game e.g. a game based on Race '07, with a nominal number of cars and tracks and the user buys expansion packs. For example, a core game could be something such as the WTCC 2010 PC expansion or a basic version of whatever GTR 3 is. Make every everything else SimBin has ever released for the Race series optional expansions.

Price each DLC in line with Steam prices ($7-$15 USD) and they'd do solid business and with little more effort than porting the games from PC to a console which is nothing more than a 6 year old PC in a black case.

Cheers.

I would probably buy the console version at some point... That is after I've bought the pc version. I think I would enjoy being able to play it on the couch on occasion.

I would probably buy the console version at some point... That is after I've bought the pc version. I think I would enjoy being able to play it on the couch on occasion.

xbox games will play on windows 8 (still to be confirmed) so technically it could be the same game so maybe in the future no need to buy for both systems.

give me the firing squad then:wink:

I would be against it for that reason
a lot of games suffered the dumbing down effect
and this game just can't risk that
or it will loose a lot of its fanbase

but these are just my thougts...

we already saw what has happened to the CM F1 series. If this happens, another potentially great game will be ruined. Unless they port from PC to console and not the other way around.

CM F1 was never going to be a sim on the PC. And RacePro on the xbox was the same game as race 07 on the pc. So why would they Dumb it down this time, it just doesnt make sense...

I think that has to do with the open spots on vital positions of the development and web team. Those job opportunities seem hard to fill. Lets hope it doesn't have impact on the actual game it self. I can perfectly live without a website connected to the game as long as I can race.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 291 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 317 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 187 27.2%
Back